• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Daniel Briere: Suspended Three Games

Rate this topic

Suspension  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looked really stupid, i would say 2 games

Agreed. It was dirty and unneeded. I'm happy they suspended him. 3 games were maybe too many, but he neeeded to be suspended. I don't know why Carcillo didn't get a game for charging Franz either, that was equally as stupid.

The NHL's suspensions are getting ridiculous. That deserved nothing more than a 2 minute penalty for roughing. This, in addition to Hunter getting suspended for a simple check along the boards are what really turns people off to hockey.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

The NHL's suspensions are getting ridiculous. That deserved nothing more than a 2 minute penalty for roughing. This, in addition to Hunter getting suspended for a simple check along the boards are what really turns people off to hockey.

Agree. Game was a little chippy at the end but nothing ridiculous. Franz shouldn't have acted all tough to Briere. I'm fine with Carcillo regulating in that case. Doing his job is all.

esteef

What led up to the conversation in the faceoff circle ? I am surprised it was a suspension at all. It looked like Briere just tried to hit him with his arms and his stick slid up and over him. I think Carcillo did the damage there. I don't see Brieres stick make contact.

Edited by wingfan13

I didn't think it was an egregious foul, just the way Briere did it made him look like such a tool, had it not been off of a face off, not been so awkwardly noticeable, and not been in a blowout i would have given it 2 min at most, but it just looked childish in this situation

I agree with most other posters here, I think it was too many for the fact that this is still hockey... I agree with him being suspended, but I think it should have only been 1 game... with that said, that was a DIRTY play and Briere was an idiot for doing it...

What led up to the conversation in the faceoff circle ? I am surprised it was a suspension at all. It looked like Briere just tried to hit him with his arms and his stick slid up and over him. I think Carcillo did the damage there. I don't see Brieres stick make contact.

Briere is a dirty player, just this season finally more and more people are starting to realize it. It was clear as night and day what he was doing.

I believe the suspension is fine... His intent was to get hit him hard and high, and i believe a lot of opinions would be different if there was an injury. If Briere caught him in the face and he busted up his nose or took out some teeth then there would be a problem. The NHL finally did something right and suspended on the act not the result. I have read a lot of people on these boards commenting about how many suspensions are only related to the injury and that is a flawed system and I completely agree. If a player goes to lay his stick across the chin of his opponent but misses it should be less then the guy that goes to do the same thing and connects.

I for once applaud the league for this suspension, but before I give them too much credit that was a bad call i believe on Hunter.

The Hunter call was exactly like the Kronwall on Havlat hit (I'm not saying the kind of hit im saying the result). Kronwall got a 5 and a game for the hit because of the INJURY and that is exactly what Hunter got. Thats just my two cents.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Soon, there will be suspensions for trash talking. Gotta worry about the players sensitivities, you know.

There was remember Wiz got suspended for the obscene gesture to avery. I don't like that fact that whenever anything happens everybody is crying for a suspension. Every time someone gets hit seems like they are under investigation. Let em play.

My favorite past is Ricky trying to go after him but cant get his gloves off and then Pronger comes by and he backs off. Realized he might be a little over his head. Sucks though Briere is on my fantasy team...

Edited by ReliEnt

Guest mindfly

I remember the good ol 90's where you could hook people, headshot people, linebrawls every other game, no stupid instigator, more tougher skilled enforcers, this is all bulls***.

I hate you Gary Bettman.

I remember the good ol 90's where you could hook people, headshot people, linebrawls every other game, no stupid instigator, more tougher skilled enforcers, this is all bulls***.

I hate you Gary Bettman.

The product on the ice today is WAY better than the early 90's... the obstruction was ridiculous and the game was SOOOOO much slower... I'd take fast paced, end to end play with big hits, and exciting plays over clutching/grabbing all game and a fight every 3 minutes...

I hate Bettman as well and they have DEFINITELY tweaked several things too far and things that didn't need to be, but let's not act like the early 90's was the way hockey should be played, because THEN it was bulls***...

Guest mindfly

I would take that slower pace game and have greater more respectable profiles in the game, tougher players, more fighting than this crap... the most ridiculous thing now though is the interference penalties, that's really f***ed up, you can't even bump a player 0.5sec after he dumped the puck basically...

Edited by mindfly

Didn't briere have a huge cheap shot on another player back when he was in buffalo? I seem to remember him cranking someone from behind or something

Edit.. Nvm he got cranked from behind by Ovechkin, I got my players mixed up

Edited by newfy

I would take that slower pace game and have greater more respectable profiles in the game, tougher players, more fighting than this crap... the most ridiculous thing now though is the interference penalties, that's really f***ed up, you can't even bump a player 0.5sec after he dumped the puck basically...

fighting is a PART of the game and players should be allowed to police themselves a little better than they currently do and there needs to be more respect out there, there is no doubt about it - but the game is HOCKEY first and foremost, not UFC