• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

I would take that slower pace game and have greater more respectable profiles in the game, tougher players, more fighting than this crap... the most ridiculous thing now though is the interference penalties, that's really f***ed up, you can't even bump a player 0.5sec after he dumped the puck basically...

Edited by mindfly, 01 November 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#22 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

The suspension is fine. He swung at Neilsons face with his stick. That is bulls*** and suspendible in any era of the game, don't try to justify that.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#23 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

ya agreed, pretty rough hit. what sucks the most is how much hes been kicking ass in my fantasy league, im gonna miss him this week...
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#24 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Didn't briere have a huge cheap shot on another player back when he was in buffalo? I seem to remember him cranking someone from behind or something

Edit.. Nvm he got cranked from behind by Ovechkin, I got my players mixed up

Edited by newfy, 01 November 2010 - 01:15 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

I would take that slower pace game and have greater more respectable profiles in the game, tougher players, more fighting than this crap... the most ridiculous thing now though is the interference penalties, that's really f***ed up, you can't even bump a player 0.5sec after he dumped the puck basically...

fighting is a PART of the game and players should be allowed to police themselves a little better than they currently do and there needs to be more respect out there, there is no doubt about it - but the game is HOCKEY first and foremost, not UFC

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

Exactly what has he done to merit a reputation for being "dirty"? Playing for the Flyers?

Just search youtube. He's dirty, but since he can put up points and isn't on every sports network, he doesn't get eyeballed.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

I'm actually surprised he didn't get more, with the whole "using the stick as a weapon" thing.

Wait a second, this is Colin Campbell we're talking about. Never mind.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#28 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Third career suspension, so the League's so-called "repeat offender rule" would have come into play. He's lucky.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#29 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

I await the day when anyone from any other team gets suspended for mugging a Red Wing. <_<

I hope you're comfy, you'll be waiting a while.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#30 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

They should of let Dipietro fight, maybe he would of been "injured" for the rest of the year. :hehe:

#31 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Didn't briere have a huge cheap shot on another player back when he was in buffalo? I seem to remember him cranking someone from behind or something

Edit.. Nvm he got cranked from behind by Ovechkin, I got my players mixed up

nope you are correct.. he retaliated the hit... and speared Ovechkin in the "Fig Leaves". I posted the video on the first page with his other suspension...

crash

#32 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

What is Dipietro munching down on at the end of the vid?

#33 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

It looks like the owner's wallet.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#34 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Just warming up for the owner's wife. Why else do you think he gets paid so much?

#35 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

Who, me?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

i think because Briere is small, has a baby face and can score goals some don't realize he is a dirty player. he is a repeat offender and should have gotten more than 3.

#37 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Well... This saved me on fantasy PIM minutes last week (he got 17 PIM for this), but it is going to suck for my team starting now.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

i think because Briere is small, has a baby face and can score goals some don't realize he is a dirty player. he is a repeat offender and should have gotten more than 3.

Not to mention bears a similar resemblence to the above English rocker.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

Thank you! This is what I said earlier in this thread.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

He will forfeit over $250K in his absence. That's a nice chunk of change, even for a multi-millionaire.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman