• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 detroitsportsman05

detroitsportsman05

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

via DarrenDreger on Twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland today announced the club has signed forward Landon Ferraro to a three-year, entry level contract.

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Not up to date with him, anyone got some links with background info?

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

good stuff

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

Nice, so he'll be in GRap next year. The Griffins keep getting younger and more skilled.

We're (possibly) going to have Nyqvist, Ferraro, Nestrial(sp), TP300, The Rock and AA, Callahan, Oslund all playing for the Griffins next year.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

Nice, so he'll be in GRap next year. The Griffins keep getting younger and more skilled.

We're (possibly) going to have Nyqvist, Ferraro, Nestrial(sp), TP300, The Rock and AA, Callahan, Oslund all playing for the Griffins next year.

Nestrasil.

Also, TP300, The Rock and AA? Who the what now?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Nestrasil.

Also, TP300, The Rock and AA? Who the what now?

Meh, close enough.

Teemu Pulkkinen
Calle Jarnkrok
Adam Almqvist
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

jarnkrok is IRON HOOK not the rock :angry:

#8 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Not up to date with him, anyone got some links with background info?

"2009-10: Ferraro appeared in 53 games with the Red Deer Rebels. He scored 16 goals and added 30 assists for 46 points. He was held scoreless in 3 postseason appearances before signing an amateur try-out contract with Grand Rapids in the AHL. Ferraro played in 2 games with the Griffins but did not score."

"One of the fastest players available for the 2009 NHL Draft, he won that category at the top prospects game in Oshawa. Ferraro is a shooter first and foremost (...)"

More HERE.

On YouTube: Landon Ferraro - Goal Scoring Machine
Posted Image

#9 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

You're a towel.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#10 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

no you're a towel :hehe:

#11 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Anyone else read that as Lando Calrissian at first?

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

no you're a towel :hehe:

You sir are literally a towel.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#13 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hopefully he turns out better than his old man....

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hopefully he turns out better than his old man....

Cause' having one of the best shooting percentages in the history of the NHL and amassing over 400 goals and nearly 900 point, 15 years career is terrible? I hope we draft Chelios' kid, but hopefully he turns out better than his old man too.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#15 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

I was really excited after Holland drafted Ferraro, but since we drafted him he's been going in spurts. My expectations of him aren't as high on him anymore. I'm sure he'll become a solid NHLer, but right now, my opinion of him is an Eaves (which isn't a bad thing), I just expected more of a high octane Darren Helm that will score with a ton more tricks in the tool box.

But, I do think he'll definitely crack the big league someday and will become a decent 3rd liner and solid role player.

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

I was really excited after Holland drafted Ferraro, but since we drafted him he's been going in spurts. My expectations of him aren't as high on him anymore. I'm sure he'll become a solid NHLer, but right now, my opinion of him is an Eaves (which isn't a bad thing), I just expected more of a high octane Darren Helm that will score with a ton more tricks in the tool box.

But, I do think he'll definitely crack the big league someday and will become a decent 3rd liner and solid role player.

Same here, i thought he'd be a hybrid of Abdelkader and Helm with slightly more of a scoring touch.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#17 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Cause' having one of the best shooting percentages in the history of the NHL and amassing over 400 goals and nearly 900 point, 15 years career is terrible? I hope we draft Chelios' kid, but hopefully he turns out better than his old man too.

No. Ray Ferraro was always good in my book. Never thought he was great though. I don't know his overall total stats number. But apparently you do. If those are actually is his stats then kudos to him. All I kept hearing about this kid was it's Ray Ferraro's son when we drafted him. So what? I have nothing against the Ferraro family. Actually I enjoyed senior Ferraro when he was playing with Gretzky in LA.

#18 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKG2R2YkOg

:cool:

#19 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Same here, i thought he'd be a hybrid of Abdelkader and Helm with slightly more of a scoring touch.

On a positive note, we are seeing Jan Mursak tearing it up and developing into something great. He's exceeding my expectations. Red Wings should just start trading all their top picks down to draft no earlier than the 3rd round. :ph34r:

Crazy how Wings can find such great players in the later rounds.

#20 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Don't undetstand why they would sign him now? He wasn't slated for GR until next year, or at least until he starts shaving. Doesn't seem like good contract management. He'll be off his EL contract by the time he makes the big club, no? Do they plan to keep him in Everett for the season, or is he moving to GR? Too many questions that I don't get.