• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitsportsman05

Landon Ferraro Signs Entry Level Contract

Rate this topic

Nice, so he'll be in GRap next year. The Griffins keep getting younger and more skilled.

We're (possibly) going to have Nyqvist, Ferraro, Nestrial(sp), TP300, The Rock and AA, Callahan, Oslund all playing for the Griffins next year.

Nice, so he'll be in GRap next year. The Griffins keep getting younger and more skilled.

We're (possibly) going to have Nyqvist, Ferraro, Nestrial(sp), TP300, The Rock and AA, Callahan, Oslund all playing for the Griffins next year.

Nestrasil.

Also, TP300, The Rock and AA? Who the what now?

Not up to date with him, anyone got some links with background info?

"2009-10: Ferraro appeared in 53 games with the Red Deer Rebels. He scored 16 goals and added 30 assists for 46 points. He was held scoreless in 3 postseason appearances before signing an amateur try-out contract with Grand Rapids in the AHL. Ferraro played in 2 games with the Griffins but did not score."

"One of the fastest players available for the 2009 NHL Draft, he won that category at the top prospects game in Oshawa. Ferraro is a shooter first and foremost (...)"

More HERE.

On YouTube:

Hopefully he turns out better than his old man....

Cause' having one of the best shooting percentages in the history of the NHL and amassing over 400 goals and nearly 900 point, 15 years career is terrible? I hope we draft Chelios' kid, but hopefully he turns out better than his old man too.

Guest Heaten

I was really excited after Holland drafted Ferraro, but since we drafted him he's been going in spurts. My expectations of him aren't as high on him anymore. I'm sure he'll become a solid NHLer, but right now, my opinion of him is an Eaves (which isn't a bad thing), I just expected more of a high octane Darren Helm that will score with a ton more tricks in the tool box.

But, I do think he'll definitely crack the big league someday and will become a decent 3rd liner and solid role player.

I was really excited after Holland drafted Ferraro, but since we drafted him he's been going in spurts. My expectations of him aren't as high on him anymore. I'm sure he'll become a solid NHLer, but right now, my opinion of him is an Eaves (which isn't a bad thing), I just expected more of a high octane Darren Helm that will score with a ton more tricks in the tool box.

But, I do think he'll definitely crack the big league someday and will become a decent 3rd liner and solid role player.

Same here, i thought he'd be a hybrid of Abdelkader and Helm with slightly more of a scoring touch.

Cause' having one of the best shooting percentages in the history of the NHL and amassing over 400 goals and nearly 900 point, 15 years career is terrible? I hope we draft Chelios' kid, but hopefully he turns out better than his old man too.

No. Ray Ferraro was always good in my book. Never thought he was great though. I don't know his overall total stats number. But apparently you do. If those are actually is his stats then kudos to him. All I kept hearing about this kid was it's Ray Ferraro's son when we drafted him. So what? I have nothing against the Ferraro family. Actually I enjoyed senior Ferraro when he was playing with Gretzky in LA.

Guest Heaten

Same here, i thought he'd be a hybrid of Abdelkader and Helm with slightly more of a scoring touch.

On a positive note, we are seeing Jan Mursak tearing it up and developing into something great. He's exceeding my expectations. Red Wings should just start trading all their top picks down to draft no earlier than the 3rd round. :ph34r:

Crazy how Wings can find such great players in the later rounds.

Don't undetstand why they would sign him now? He wasn't slated for GR until next year, or at least until he starts shaving. Doesn't seem like good contract management. He'll be off his EL contract by the time he makes the big club, no? Do they plan to keep him in Everett for the season, or is he moving to GR? Too many questions that I don't get.

On a positive note, we are seeing Jan Mursak tearing it up and developing into something great. He's exceeding my expectations. Red Wings should just start trading all their top picks down to draft no earlier than the 3rd round. :ph34r:

Crazy how Wings can find such great players in the later rounds.

Meh, we take the small skilled guys who haven't hit their growth spurt yet. Other teams are scared away by their size, but we aren't, which s why we won't be missing the playoffs any time soon. But, don't worry, I'm 99.9% sure you already know all this, it's just funny to me that 29 other GMs don't see that small and skill can also win championships :huh:

Don't undetstand why they would sign him now? He wasn't slated for GR until next year, or at least until he starts shaving. Doesn't seem like good contract management. He'll be off his EL contract by the time he makes the big club, no? Do they plan to keep him in Everett for the season, or is he moving to GR? Too many questions that I don't get.

As a 20 year old, there's nothing he would gain by staying in juniors. Tatar stated numerous times that moving to the AHL was a million times better than playing in the CHL. He learned a whole new work ethic and learned how much harder he needed to train, these are both things that would benefit Landon.

Why is not not good contract management? It's an ELC. You really didn't have too many questions, it was just a circular post you made :P

The contract length doesn't start untill he starts playing pro. (ahl or nhl) The only money he will recieve this year is his siging bonus, if he got one that is.

Completely agree with all of this. Was really pumped when we drafted him, but ever since he's been steadily going down in my books. The bottom line is that he hsn't produced anywhere near as much offence as he was expected to, now that can be put down to injuries/a defensive team, but still, it's time he started producing again. I hope getting this contract out of the way can allow him to settle down and start producing more consistently.

No. Ray Ferraro was always good in my book. Never thought he was great though. I don't know his overall total stats number. But apparently you do. If those are actually is his stats then kudos to him. All I kept hearing about this kid was it's Ray Ferraro's son when we drafted him. So what? I have nothing against the Ferraro family. Actually I enjoyed senior Ferraro when he was playing with Gretzky in LA.

Nice backpedaling