• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Paging Finnish Wing, Paging Finnish Wing

Rate this topic

Slow your roll, there.

James Wisniewski, John-Michael Liles, and Kris Letang are tied with Lidstrom in scoring right now.

Just let it settle before you start eating that crow. It's going to be sour if Leino regresses again.

I said several times already in this thread that I don't think Leino would have ever done what he is doing in Philly, here - My point was, that he is proving he is a legit NHL'er, and even if his numbers drop off, even 30-40pts a year is more than I thought he was capable of, this does not mean I am saying he will be an all-star, there can be an in between ground between bust and superstar... all this thread is doing is stating that he is a legit NHL'er and I am admitting I was wrong when I said he never would be.

I'm right with you, although I still have my concerns about his consistency through an NHL year. I want to see him rebound from a tough time without having to be sat.

Agreed, I still don't think he will continue at this pace, or become an All-Star and would still be FLOORED if he did... and that will indeed be the truest test - when he falters and goes on a slump and how he rebounds after...

Agreed, I still don't think he will continue at this pace, or become an All-Star and would still be FLOORED if he did... and that will indeed be the truest test - when he falters and goes on a slump and how he rebounds after...

I understand this thread and why it was created. You really don't need to keep justifying, it's pretty clear what your attentions are and were for this thread.

I understand this thread and why it was created. You really don't need to keep justifying, it's pretty clear what your attentions are and were for this thread.

I think you understand because you read more than just the title before replying, some people on this board don't follow that chain, haha

:beerbuddy:

I think you understand because you read more than just the title before replying, some people on this board don't follow that chain, haha

Whoa, let's not go that far. I just read your replies to other people, not just mine lol. Most people will only read a thread to see what people reply to their posts.

Guest Crymson

yea, I was really bummed that Tollefsen didn't re-sign here, I thought he still had a lot of upside... guess he just didn't want to play in the AHL another year and to have to earn a job back into the NHL... I think long term, he could have become an every night guy here on the 3rd pairing... oh well...

I doubt that. He couldn't even keep a spot on Columbus's third pairing.

A guy who can log valuable minutes when on the ice in the role he is asked to play... how is that subjective?

You didn't say "log valuable minutes when on the ice in the role he is asked to play."

You simply said "legit". It's not a big deal that I took it to mean something else, since you clarified in your response, but I am not at fault simply because I read your opening post and nothing but to gauge your opinion.

You didn't say "log valuable minutes when on the ice in the role he is asked to play."

You simply said "legit". It's not a big deal that I took it to mean something else, since you clarified in your response, but I am not at fault simply because I read your opening post and nothing but to gauge your opinion.

Well, at least he isn't a lemon :g:

Fair enough, I didn't mean to come across as combative, so if I did, I apologize there

I doubt that. He couldn't even keep a spot on Columbus's third pairing.

He's also young and was never developed properly, in Columbus or Philly... I think had he spent an entire extra year here in GR, and learned our system, come 2011, he would have earned a spot in our top 6

Guest Heaten

I agree with you 100% about our 2nd line, but I very boldly stated that I thought he was a flash in the pan and would never even be a 20pt scorer in this league. That is what I am eating crow for, not for advocating his exit from Detroit, because I still agree with that.

Yeah, that's pretty insane prediction. No question the guy has some skills. It was the other issues that I was concerned about with him.

Agreed 100% - as I said earlier in the thread, people discount chemistry FAR too much, it can make a WORLD of difference (look at Bert's renaissance with Franzen and Fil right now)

I personally think chemistry is the MAIN thing. Chemistry and hustle will always trump pure talent... hell sometimes hustle alone is enough. I figured Ville would eventually find a niche somewhere. The talent was obvious. Good for him he found it so quickly in Philly.

Yeah, that's pretty insane prediction. No question the guy has some skills. It was the other issues that I was concerned about with him.

That's what I was thinking. Twenty points. Lol. You deserve to eat MASSIVE amounts of crow for that statement. :)

Is there any player that you aren't upset about waiving and losing?

Not really, no.

Still annoyed about losing Fleischmann. ;) Hudler - Filppula - Fleischmann, now that would've been an awesome line.

But through 11 games this season, Quincey isn't making me feel too bad!

BS, if that's true I'll have to change my sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man. It's there in the archives somewhere. It happened around the time of the Coyotes series last year.

It might have been after the game where Datsyuk, Filppula and Zetterberg combined for one of the prettiest empty net goals I've ever seen.