• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Movember

Rate this topic

I know a lot of the teams are making a big deal of Movember in the NHL, but watching hockeycentral today they didn't mention Detroit. I know a lot of teams have guys in charge of organizing it for their teams, sarich is in Calgary for example.

But are the wings going to be doing any mustache growing?

Oh and for those not aware of what Movember is, its when men grow mustaches in november for prostate cancer awareness/fundraising.

I haven't read anything about them doing it. but then again, only like a half dozen of our guys can grow facial hair :P

The rules are simple, start Movember 1st clean-shaven and then grow a moustache for the entire month. The moustache becomes the ribbon for men's health, the means by which awareness and funds are raised for cancers that affect men. Much like the commitment to run or walk for charity, the men of Movember commit to growing a moustache for 30 days.

PS, I'm partaking in it. I'll do before and after shots sometime I'm sure

This is the most recent picture. As you can see I'm pretty baby faced when clean shaven, but give me a week and I got a mountain man beard lol

62524_868680470428_21712932_46613115_1862495_n.jpg

The title of this topic confused me. I thought it had something to do with Modano being on the background for November and how that might be good luck for him or something to get going in November. Making it "Movember". Get it? Anyway, back on topic. I think moustaches are gross but if it's for a good cause that's fine. I'm really looking forward to No Shave November, I think beards in general are attractive and if a guy can grow a real beard, he should. :P

if a guy can grow a real beard, he should.

Truer words have never been spoken. I rocked a mustache for Halloween, but didn't realize this Movember thing was going on. I fully support it, but will not be joining in. I do my cancer awareness part in other ways. I've had a rubber breast cancer bracelet on my wrist for 5 years and even have a pink / purple ribbon incorporated into a tattoo.

I'd love to see a couple of the Wings join in. Franzen rocked a mustache last year, hopefully this year he does it with some force.

Truer words have never been spoken. I rocked a mustache for Halloween, but didn't realize this Movember thing was going on. I fully support it, but will not be joining in. I do my cancer awareness part in other ways. I've had a rubber breast cancer bracelet on my wrist for 5 years and even have a pink / purple ribbon incorporated into a tattoo.

I'd love to see a couple of the Wings join in. Franzen rocked a mustache last year, hopefully this year he does it with some force.

I just can't bring myself to rock the mustache alone... I feel like a pedophile/70's pron star... however, come May, I hope to start another glorious, unruly beard...

Edited by stevkrause

Funny coincidence to read this thread today, as my dad is going to get surgery for prostate cancer this very day.

I already have a moustache though, and I'm not gonna start clean shaven, but I'm sure as hell not gonna shave it anytime soon either, so happy Movember.

Funny coincidence to read this thread today, as my dad is going to get surgery for prostate cancer this very day.

I already have a moustache though, and I'm not gonna start clean shaven, but I'm sure as hell not gonna shave it anytime soon either, so happy Movember.

Best of luck to your Dad today.

:(

My best wishes to your father. My own Pop went through surgery and radiation twice in the last few years. He's doing well these days, mostly due to the breakthroughs in medical technology in recent years.

As far as shaving, I've rocked a Manson-like beard for 30 years, with it only coming off once for an appearance in court 20 years ago. I recently put the # 9 shoe on my Wahl trimmer for a friends funeral. That's about as far as I go. Especially with hunting camp coming up. I'd actually be scared to see what's been hidden behind the beard all these years.

On another note, did they send Parros' 'stache to the HHOF for archival purposes. They should have a display for such things. Clark Gillies' beard, Babcocks hair, Lanny's broom. Etc...