• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

hey guys I dont know if any of you are gamers like me...but ive been waiting for the new roster update for NHL 11 for god knows how long..and finally it came out today and they STILL havent added Smith, Lashoff, Andersson or I Filppula!

just wondering if this has annoyed anyone as much as me...does anyone know why they havent been added??

and if they ARE in the game, PLEASE TELL ME how to find them!!

its driving me crazy...

cheers
be about it!

#2 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

That sucks. I've been waiting for a roster update as well. I was more concerned with getting Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi on the Oilers. That team will be a dangle show with them added. Defense still sucks tho.

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW ROSTER UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Ruins BAP and BAGM

That sucks. I've been waiting for a roster update as well. I was more concerned with getting Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi on the Oilers. That team will be a dangle show with them added. Defense still sucks tho.

Last time I checked they were already on the Oilers? At least they were in my game even before this latest roster update.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 w1ng3dLV

w1ng3dLV

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

hey guys I dont know if any of you are gamers like me...but ive been waiting for the new roster update for NHL 11 for god knows how long..and finally it came out today and they STILL havent added Smith, Lashoff, Andersson or I Filppula!

just wondering if this has annoyed anyone as much as me...does anyone know why they havent been added??

and if they ARE in the game, PLEASE TELL ME how to find them!!

its driving me crazy...

cheers

Thanks for the info on the update. Need to do that here in a few. Before this update became available, you were able to go online play and the system updated you to a "current" roster when made available that way. In regards to why iFlip, Lashy, and the rest aren't on yet, it's because of legal reasons.

NHL11 Update

One of the reasons we took so long with the update is as you all know we now have 10 leagues in our game (CHL being three of them) so each league has different guidelines to which players we can and cannot use. So unlike you (our consumers), we cannot create any player we want and just put him in the game, we must get clearance from each individual league before we can proceed in creating him.

So with the NHLPA, all we have to wait for is when a player has stepped on the ice for his first shift in the NHL, we can then create him. If itís a goalie we can create him when he is on a score sheet as a backup. For the AHL we have to wait for each player (even if heís in the game already) to sign his PHPA form. This form is what makes any player playing in the AHL a member of the Pro Hockey Players Association which in turn lets us use his name and likeness in the game. This is why youíll see players that are in the game currently on a CHL team (prior to this update) that are no longer in the game until they return in a future update as soon as they have signed their PHPA agreement. In terms of the CHL, there are over 400 players we added as the league has massive turnover. This affected every roster and because of this we had to get these players in the game otherwise we would have players who are no longer part of the CHL in our game to fill out rosters.

...I agree, it's frustrating to start the GM mode when there aren't certain players available...
"By 1946, I knew Detroit was the best hockey city in the Original Six." - Ted Lindsay

#5 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

shouldnt this be down in the gamer forum?

as to why players aren't there, its because they havent signed their release forms. in the nhl, you are eligible to be in the video game once you play a game in the league. but in the ahl, you have to sign your form and return it to the league. or else EA cant use you. its extra tough because with the CHL players this year, some players were previoously in the game on their chl team from last year, but are not 'gone' because they arent eleigible on their ahl team.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#6 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Read somewhere on the EA Forums that a new update is due Nov. 16th. I'm hoping so, since I just got the game yesterday, but won't play a season without proper rosters (and I'll be damned if I'm doing it by hand!).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#7 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Read somewhere on the EA Forums that a new update is due Nov. 16th. I'm hoping so, since I just got the game yesterday, but won't play a season without proper rosters (and I'll be damned if I'm doing it by hand!).

Dang, the 16th? I made the mistake of buying this the day it came out. Between the messed up rosters and all the bugs this game collects dust as I play nhl 10 instead.
thanks offsides!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users