• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hudler isn't an NHL caliber player anymore. I can't wait to shift him off for a sixth round pick. He's overpaid, and unmotivated. He's just going to drag everyone down that plays around him. Keep him in the pressbox unless we have a rash of injuries.

I agree. Modano will start putting up points if he has Abby and Cleary as his wingers. Hudler doesn't fit the style of this team anymore.

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hudler isn't an NHL caliber player anymore. I can't wait to shift him off for a sixth round pick. He's overpaid, and unmotivated. He's just going to drag everyone down that plays around him. Keep him in the pressbox unless we have a rash of injuries.

sadly i agree with this. hudler has been useless since he got back. modano hasn't done much, but he atleast hustles. as far as putting modano on the 4th line, whatever makes a winning formula. the lines of:

abby - helm - cleary
eaves - modano - miller

actually look pretty good to me. or try switching abby and eaves from time to time.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hudler is not our problem.

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hudler is not our problem.

I blame Downey
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm inclined to see how Hudler reacts to having to sit out a game or two before I make drastic line changes. If he come back determined not to watch another game from the press box and ready to step up his game, Cleary and Modano will start benefitting from that pretty quickly.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#26 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Its funny how when Hudler is playing like s*** and wasting a roster space there are a lot of people on here who defend him even though he is a horrible plus minus and getting manhandled out there every shift, but the wings cant have a decent enforcer type that can play a regular shift because they cant play hockey :rolleyes:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#27 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Its funny how when Hudler is playing like s*** and wasting a roster space there are a lot of people on here who defend him even though he is a horrible plus minus and getting manhandled out there every shift, but the wings cant have a decent enforcer type that can play a regular shift because they cant play hockey :rolleyes:

Hudler was good before he lost all his talent in Russia.

I'd love like Prust here, but I definitely don't want a Boogard/laraque/Macintyre type

#28 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

This is the same problem Hudler has always had in Detroit.

Not good enough to play in the top 6, and too lazy to play with checkers and grinders.

I honestly have no clue what to do with Modano, but I didn't want him here in the first place for that very reason. He just doesn't fit into this team at this point in his career. He's not some Dallas Drake that can be 40 and play effectively as a grinder. And like Hudler, he's not skilled enough to be in our top 6.

Don't know why Kenny Holland and some people here thought he would work out.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 03 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#29 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

I love all these naysayers suddenly speaking in absolutes like ten games in. Lol.

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hudler has vision, finishing and passing skills and the ability to find open ice, lacking speed and grit.

Hudler is a proven offensive player...

Hudler can actually make something of the chances Helm creates (unlike Helm's current linemates), and can actually utilize his speed with a perfect pass for a no-brainer goal (which really for Helm is the only goal he is capable of).

So how does it happen? I would prefer a 3rd line of Helm/Hudler/Cleary in all honesty. Babcock should have the balls to put Modano on the 4th line, IMO, but I'm curious as to other thoughts.

No offense, but.... :hysterical:

Hudler is showing none of this, hence the reason he was benched. (are you watching a different Hudler than the rest of us?)

Modano signed here to be on the third line(or higher.) He will not be on the fourth...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#31 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

No offense, but.... :hysterical:

Hudler is showing none of this, hence the reason he was benched. (are you watching a different Hudler than the rest of us?)

Modano signed here to be on the third line(or higher.) He will not be on the fourth...

Maybe I am the crazy one here, but IMO 8 games does not necessarily indicate someone has lost all their talent. Hudler has produced well at every level, including the playoffs, and with limited minutes. He is at an age now where he should just be entering his prime so I do not think it is too crazy to think he is not 'worthless' after struggling in all of 7 games.

And I am going to lose a lot of respect for Babcock and Holland if they are letting a player dictate how much ice time he gets... no matter who the player or what he has done in the past.

Edited by egroen, 03 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#32 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

this will be a full blown enforcer thread by page 4

#33 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Full blown? I think it can get to 6 before we see full blown.

Edited by Broken 16, 03 November 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#34 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Full blown? I think it can get to 6 before we see full blown.

Having Hudler dressed is better than an enforcer even if the only ice time he sees is on the power play.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#35 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

Having Hudler dressed is better than an enforcer even if the only ice time he sees is on the power play.

I'd like some stats to back up that claim, please.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#36 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

Modano will start putting up points if he has Abby and Cleary as his wingers.

:siren: OMG. A Prophet. You are the Chosen One. :siren:

Hey, Is Matt Butcher a healthy scratch for the Cyclones or is he injured again? http://www.cyclonesh...latest-stories/ and http://cycloneslive.blogspot.com/ are not so informative and I don't see Matt's dad Garth as often as I used to, to ask him what's going on.

#37 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I stand corrected.

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hudler is a freaking bum.

I'd take any enforcer over a guy that will make twice as much money and not make any impact on the team.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hudler is a freaking bum.

I'd take any enforcer over a guy that will make twice as much money and not make any impact on the team.

But Hudler is the whole reason why the Red Wings exist in the first place.

#40 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image