48 replies to this topic

#41 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hudler is a freaking bum.

I'd take any enforcer over a guy that will make twice as much money and not make any impact on the team.

You would take Anders Eriksson at wing over Hudler.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hudler is the definition of a tough as nails enforcer, just ask Mike Brown. Need I post the video?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:29 AM

Poor Happy. I didn't expect the dogpile so early in the season. :)

#44 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

Poor Happy. I didn't expect the dogpile so early in the season. :)

It's funny cause a week ago, everyone was blaming the third line's struggles on Mo, but Huds sits, and suddenly, the third line wins us 2 games in a row. Huds is the weak link.

#45 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

I watched Hudler closely while he was developing here. He was always too small, too slow, too whatever. Babcock hated him. But he improved greatly over a 2 or 3 year span and I kind of liked him as the underdog. The guy worked hard back then, but sadly probably forgot that ethic after his KHL contract. I always pulled for the guy, but I have to say that a trade for another Abbie type forward now, while we still can, would be the best move.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

“I didn’t think our fourth line was as good tonight, but I mean, Huds doesn’t play like those guys. We’ll figure it out here over time.”

http://www.freep.com...ate=fullarticle

Hmmm... "Doesn't play like those guys."

#47 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:49 AM

Y'know, thinking back on the pre-season "2010-11 Scapegoat" thread, I really don't remember anyone picking Hudler. Whodathunkit?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

Y'know, thinking back on the pre-season "2010-11 Scapegoat" thread, I really don't remember anyone picking Hudler. Whodathunkit?

For $2.875 mill I guess I was just hoping it wouldn't be him. And honestly I wouldn't have guessed that a year in the KHL would have stunted his game as much as it seemed to. I was hoping he would be the sniper the Wings have been needing.

The season is young, but man he needs to get it together. 8 games, 0 goals, 3 assists, and a -6.

#49 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hudler and Helm on the same line? Last night, no thank you. Hudler right now is worthless. Early in the season, yes. Howevever I'm liking the idea of trading Hudler maybe at some point...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 06 November 2010 - 10:47 AM.