• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bar Down

Class Act Organization

Rate this topic

First of all, the important stuff: I wish your brother a speedy recovery, it is hard enough to see it happen to family at the end of their years. I can't begin to imagine what you and your brother are going through right now.

I will take a little consolation in the fact that the team I root for seems to live up to ideals that are more important than winning a game. I have always felt that the organization has shown something more than just success on the ice, and this re-affirms it. Proud to be a fan right now... :thumbup:

First of all, the important stuff: I wish your brother a speedy recovery, it is hard enough to see it happen to family at the end of their years. I can't begin to imagine what you and your brother are going through right now.

I will take a little consolation in the fact that the team I root for seems to live up to ideals that are more important than winning a game. I have always felt that the organization has shown something more than just success on the ice, and this re-affirms it. Proud to be a fan right now... :thumbup:

It's been a tough year for him that's for sure. The toughest thing about this, I think, is that he has a year of junior hockey eligibility left and he was in peak physical condition when that bombshell was dropped on him. It's sad because I know all he wants to be doing is getting on the ice and having fun with his buddies but you can see it in his eyes that he knows what he has to do to prevail over this thing. The Wings provided much-needed relief from his everyday struggle and gave him a day where he could just enjoy the experience and soak up everything around him. It was pretty amazing.

From a selfish standpoint, I'm disappointed I couldn't be there to meet the team. I'm a little jealousrolleyes.gif

I would expect no less from this team. That's just how we roll. When other people ask why I'm a fan of the Red Wings, seeing as I'm not from Detroit, one of the things I point out is stuff like this. It may sound corny, but they actually give a s***. You know, like when Orange Hat Guy died and they painted his seat orange and draped a hat over it, or when Ilitch goes out of his way to give the older players who never got Cup rings a ring for the championship(s) they won with the Wings way back when.....stuff like that.

I hope your brother has a speedy recovery and then stays in remission.

My thoughts exactly - I have had too many forms of cancer hit way too close to home, too many times, and it is hell - I wish your brother a VERY quick and victorious fight against that horrible disease!!!

f*** Cancer. There's nothing I despise more in this entire world than Cancer. Both my parents are survivors and someday your brother will join their ranks. Classy move by the organization, it only furthers my love and respect for this team and the people involved with it.

The important thing is that it made your brother happy and has lifted his spirits.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to your brother. They say positive attitude makes a difference in recovering from major traumas like he's been through. The Wings can certainly provide that positive atmosphere, right? :thumbup:

I agree with Electrophile... people here ask me why I am so devoted to the Wings. This sort of story is exactly why... and dozens of other reasons which are just as positive. I am sure other clubs are just as generous and giving and thoughtful with fans and friends. But something about the culture of the Red Wings family and players is special.

Awesome for your brother and I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Any pics? And how did the Wings find out? Babcock being from Saskatoon Saskatchewan as he likes to remind us?

Awesome for your brother and I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Any pics? And how did the Wings find out? Babcock being from Saskatoon Saskatchewan as he likes to remind us?

To be honest I'm not exactly sure on the details of how Babcock found out. He hasn't sent me any of the pictures he took but I snagged this one off his Facebook profile page:

75346_10150296284445276_903215275_15494382_2876814_n.jpg

Best of luck to your brother. My dad and grandma are both cancer survivors and your brother will be too. I wish more good acts like this made it onto ESPN and other main stream media outlets. Instead, I get to see a highlight on sportscenter of John Wall teaching people how to dougie as his entrance to a game. I guess acts of kindness and people with class aren't as appealing as a 20 year old dancing.

That picture is really awesome.

To have to go through an ordeal like that at such a young age is just mind blowing. My thoughts and wishes will be with him as he makes a quick and speedy recovery!

Big kudos to Babs and the whole organization for doing something like this, its really huge. These guys are all so busy during the hockey season, for them to take the time to do this is just so awesome. They could have just sent over an autographed stick or something (which still would have been great), but instead they went above and beyond to the fullest extent. Makes me proud to be a Wings fan and a hockey fan.

Again, best wishes to your bro, and thanks for posting this story!

To be honest I'm not exactly sure on the details of how Babcock found out. He hasn't sent me any of the pictures he took but I snagged this one off his Facebook profile page:

75346_10150296284445276_903215275_15494382_2876814_n.jpg

Is that your dad in the middle?

What a great story! As I was reading the story I began to tear up! This team and organization is amazing! Simply the best! I pray that your Brother gets back on the ice soon, but there is no doubt he'll beat cancer! Just stay positive and you all will beat this nasty nasty disease!

Best Wishes to you, your Brother and your Family!!