• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Flames 1

Rate this topic

As many of you had mentioned before, I'm glad this is an issue, because it shows we're stacked. Bab's has no desire to pull Ab's, if he wasn't injured, he would've been a mainstay. Looking at all the Forward lines, the 4th line is sick! They truly can wear down a team in the opposing team's end. Hud's should get a shot Friday against the Oilers, and I foresee him given many opportunities if he plays. I don't agree with Mo' or anyone on the 3rd line being pulled simply because they all did well tonight. It's a truly tough call that Bab's has to make if he were to change the lines, but either way, I see it as an opportunity to showcase their depth. Truly can't wait to see what happens (that is if Bab's already made his decision).

I wouldn't be opposed to sitting Modano as long as he realizes its to get him some rest and he doesn't get all butthurt about it. I mean we have 4 games in 6 nights and he isn't getting any younger.

also...I'm wondering how Draper is ever going to crack the lineup when he is back?

Has babcock changed his mind with playing hudler on friday? Just read this on mlive. "It makes it hard for me,'' Babcock said. "The good thing is, as coaches, just like my wife, I have the right to change my mind. How's that?'' Who knows :)

they gave 2nd star to Kipper. Jimmy "only" stopped 16 shots...but they never take quality into account, just the numbers. It's OK. we know he deserved the star.

Pasha with #1, Giordana with #3. Wings are lucky to get even one star (Flames media picked the stars, I guess?)

Kipper kept the Flames in the game. If it wasn't for his effort, this could have easily been a 3-1 or 4-1 game.

Abdelkader ignited the 3rd line tonight, he's not going anywhere, he had one solid chance to score and he did, he set up Cleary for a sure goal if he put it up.

Its Modano or Hudler

:hysterical:

I find it hilarious when people think that Modano is going to be a 13th or 14th forward! :lol: News to everyone, he is not going to be lower than the 9th forward. He was promised third line minutes and that is why he signed here. If he was given unsure answers about how much time he was going to get he would have retired. Like him or not, he WILL be on the 3rd line. Piece O' Carp Hudler is the odd man out. Nice knowing ya Huds! Go back to Russia!

edit: for Hudler's $2.8M there are a ton of players who can and have been playing better than him in this league. I'd take any of them of Spudler...

Edited by LeftWinger

:hysterical:

I find it hilarious when people think that Modano is going to be a 13th or 14th forward! :lol: News to everyone, he is not going to be lower than the 9th forward. He was promised third line minutes and that is why he signed here. If he was given unsure answers about how much time he was going to get he would have retired. Like him or not, he WILL be on the 3rd line. Piece O' Carp Hudler is the odd man out. Nice knowing ya Huds! Go back to Russia!

edit: for Hudler's $2.8M there are a ton of players who can and have been playing better than him in this league. I'd take any of them of Spudler...

So, regardless of performance, you believe that Holland and Babcock are going to keep Modano on the third line?

Does that sound like a smart practice by those two?

Guest mindfly

Cleary worked hard but his break away attempt was as silly as all his break aways, i read that when he entered the zone, too easy.. other than that pretty good game defensively but the powerplay is bad, rafalski needs to get back.

I have read some odd things written in game recaps, but this is one of the strangest; from Calgary Herald:

At the tail end of the second period Wednesday, Jarome Iginla shucked his helmet, likely looking to stoke his dormant inner embers by handing Brad Stuart a detailed map to ***** Street, the hard way.

I have read some odd things written in game recaps, but this is one of the strangest; from Calgary Herald:

What does that even mean?

On a different note, I figure if Modano slumps his way through the year, he will come down with a "groin injury" or "back spasms" or something to sit and salvage his pride. Since he's on a one-year deal he can still retire no harm no foul right?