• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#481 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to sitting Modano as long as he realizes its to get him some rest and he doesn't get all butthurt about it. I mean we have 4 games in 6 nights and he isn't getting any younger.

also...I'm wondering how Draper is ever going to crack the lineup when he is back?

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#482 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

Has babcock changed his mind with playing hudler on friday? Just read this on mlive. "It makes it hard for me,'' Babcock said. "The good thing is, as coaches, just like my wife, I have the right to change my mind. How's that?'' Who knows :)
Go Blue!!!

#483 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

they gave 2nd star to Kipper. Jimmy "only" stopped 16 shots...but they never take quality into account, just the numbers. It's OK. we know he deserved the star.

Pasha with #1, Giordana with #3. Wings are lucky to get even one star (Flames media picked the stars, I guess?)

Kipper kept the Flames in the game. If it wasn't for his effort, this could have easily been a 3-1 or 4-1 game.

#484 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Abdelkader ignited the 3rd line tonight, he's not going anywhere, he had one solid chance to score and he did, he set up Cleary for a sure goal if he put it up.

Its Modano or Hudler

:hysterical:

I find it hilarious when people think that Modano is going to be a 13th or 14th forward! :lol: News to everyone, he is not going to be lower than the 9th forward. He was promised third line minutes and that is why he signed here. If he was given unsure answers about how much time he was going to get he would have retired. Like him or not, he WILL be on the 3rd line. Piece O' Carp Hudler is the odd man out. Nice knowing ya Huds! Go back to Russia!

edit: for Hudler's $2.8M there are a ton of players who can and have been playing better than him in this league. I'd take any of them of Spudler...

Edited by LeftWinger, 04 November 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#485 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

:hysterical:

I find it hilarious when people think that Modano is going to be a 13th or 14th forward! :lol: News to everyone, he is not going to be lower than the 9th forward. He was promised third line minutes and that is why he signed here. If he was given unsure answers about how much time he was going to get he would have retired. Like him or not, he WILL be on the 3rd line. Piece O' Carp Hudler is the odd man out. Nice knowing ya Huds! Go back to Russia!

edit: for Hudler's $2.8M there are a ton of players who can and have been playing better than him in this league. I'd take any of them of Spudler...

So, regardless of performance, you believe that Holland and Babcock are going to keep Modano on the third line?

Does that sound like a smart practice by those two?

Posted Image

#486 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Cleary worked hard but his break away attempt was as silly as all his break aways, i read that when he entered the zone, too easy.. other than that pretty good game defensively but the powerplay is bad, rafalski needs to get back.

#487 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Didn't Ken and Mick mention that Modano would likely sit the second of back-to-back games coming up?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#488 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Nice win boys. Let's keep it up in Edmunton tomorrow.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#489 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

draper better fly back down to tampa and ask stevie to fire pat verbeek , so he can get a pro scout job like malts lol. j/k

#490 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

I have read some odd things written in game recaps, but this is one of the strangest; from Calgary Herald:

At the tail end of the second period Wednesday, Jarome Iginla shucked his helmet, likely looking to stoke his dormant inner embers by handing Brad Stuart a detailed map to ***** Street, the hard way.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#491 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have read some odd things written in game recaps, but this is one of the strangest; from Calgary Herald:

What does that even mean?

On a different note, I figure if Modano slumps his way through the year, he will come down with a "groin injury" or "back spasms" or something to sit and salvage his pride. Since he's on a one-year deal he can still retire no harm no foul right?

works every time

#492 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

What does that even mean?

I have to confess: I had to Google it. I found out from this that it means:

An imaginary street where people in difficulty live.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#493 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to ask this, but anyone in Toledo know what TV station tomorrows (friday) game is airing on? Or if it is airing at all? I called BCSN earlier and they said they're not airing it.

#494 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Great to see the 3rd line get rolling, they were our best line for sure.. Howard played really well as did Kipper.
IPB Image