• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Stanely

Our REALLY old boys

Rate this topic

Taking a detour from another topic about what curren ex wings are doing this season as far as point totals I thought I would ask for people to list what former Wings are doing now in life:

Example

Steve Yzerman- GM lighting

Steve Duchesne -- now resides in Westlake, Texas with his wife and two children. He coaches the U18 Dallas Stars Midget Major AAA hockey team[citation needed]. He is a co-owner of the Allen Americans, a Central Hockey League team which began play in the 2009-10 season.

*from Wiki... I am going to have to keep an eye out for him at Austin Stars games. Always one of my favorite Wings. :thumbup:

Kevin Hodson is a lawyer of some sort I believe.

correction:

(from wikipedia)

"

After Hockey

Kevin Hodson returned to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Algoma University. Hodson now works as a financial adviser with Edward Jones."

Edited by Detroit40oz

via Wiki:

Rick Zombo:

Zombo is an accomplished artist who has worked on projects like the promotional issue of the City of Heroes comic book.

Rick Zombo recently purchased the Zomboni Zamboni company from Edward Zombo of Grand Forks, North Dakota.

Brad Marsh:

After his retirement, he moved into the Senators' front office as Director of Team and Business Development and remained there for several years. He also coached various levels of minor hockey over the years.[1]

He owns a sports bar known as "Marshy's" located in the Centrepointe area of Nepean, a suburb in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Brad Marsh was announced as the head coach of the Ottawa Senators (CWHL) on August 31, 2009.

LOL @ REaper & Reaper and Uwe Krupp! :lol:

I got curious about some former players, particularily those in the 1980's and 1990's. Here are some I looked up on Wikipedia:

Marc Bergevin -

After his retirement, Bergevin was named a pro scout with the Blackhawks' organization. In 2008 he served as an Assistant Coach for the Blackhawks after three seasons with their scouting staff. In July, 2009, he was appointed the team's Director of Player Personnel [2]. He won the Stanley cup in 2010 after 5 years working to build the present champion team.

Doug Brown -

Brown is currently employed by Veritas-Global in Southfield, Michigan.

Shawn Burr -

Burr is the President of the Port Huron Icehawks IHL hockey organization.

Tim Cheveldae -

According to The Hockey News, Cheveldae is currently training to become a firefighter.

Paul Coffey -

He is currently the owner of a Toyota dealership named Paul Coffey's Bolton Toyota in Bolton, Ontario. He is the owner of Paul Coffey Nissan, located in Kitchener, Ontario.

Bob Errey -

Bob is currently the TV color analyst for the Pittsburgh Penguins broadcasts on Fox Sports Pittsburgh alongside Paul Steigerwald. He also appeared as an analyst on the NHL Network's nightly highlight show, NHL on the Fly during the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Glen Hanlon -

On March 24, 2010, Glen Hanlon was announced as a new head coach of the Slovak national ice hockey team. He replaced Jan Filc and signed a 4-year contract from April 1, 2010, to the next Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in 2014. Slovakia under his conduct has finished in 12th place on World Championship in Germany 2010.

Joe Kocur -

He lives in Michigan with his wife Kristen, son Liam, and daughter Kendall. He is a member of the Detroit Red Wings Alumni Association and is active in its efforts to raise money for children's charities in Metro Detroit. Recently he created Kocur Enterprises, a manufacturer's representative of specialty products serving commercial, industrial and municipal markets in several states.

Steve Duchesne -- now resides in Westlake, Texas with his wife and two children. He coaches the U18 Dallas Stars Midget Major AAA hockey team[citation needed]. He is a co-owner of the Allen Americans, a Central Hockey League team which began play in the 2009-10 season.

*from Wiki... I am going to have to keep an eye out for him at Austin Stars games. Always one of my favorite Wings. :thumbup:

i love steve duchesne. i will always remember his big grin after winning the cup in 02' (teeth missing and all)

I was going to post that clip of where are they now about Vladdy but it always seems to upset people. I think this is the perfect thread for it though

if its recently, i would love to see it.

Igor "the professor" Larionov (via Wiki)

Larionov is married to former figure skater Elena Batanova and has three children, Alyonka, Diana and Igor II. Currently, he is a professional wine merchant making wines under the labels "Hattrick" and "Triple Overtime" with wines from Australia and California

In July 2008, Larionov was named director of hockey operations for Russian hockey club SKA St. Petersburg

Lucky Luc Robitaille

Robitaille and his wife, Stacia, co-founded the non-profit charity Shelter for Serenity in 2005 to help families displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and has extended to needy children in the Los Angeles community as Echoes of Hope [1].[3][23]

Robitaille made an appearance in "Fire in the Ice," a season four episode of the TV series Bones. In the episode, he appears as himself in an hallucination had by lead character Seeley Booth, when Booth is knocked out while playing in a recreational hockey game.

Robitaille also appeared in the movie Sudden Death as the only real skater on the team. The directors used this to their advantage sending Robitaille in on a breakaway to tie the game as time expired.[24]

In Canada, Robitaille appeared alongside New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur in a Delissio frozen pizza commercial, where the two watch footage of Luc's many goals against the legendary goalie while sharing a pizza.

Tim Cheveldae -

According to the Hockey News is training to become a firefighter.

wow... more power to him, that's wild...

Gerrard Gallant -

Currently an assistant coach for the Islanders

Slava Fetisov -

Currently a member of the upper house of the Federal Assembly of Russia, President of professional Russian hockey club HC CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL), Chairman of the Board of Directors of the KHL and chair of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Athletes Committee. He was also the Minister of Sport in Russia from 2002 to 2008.

Mark Howe -

Currently, Howe serves in the Red Wings front office as Chief Pro scout.

Dave Barr -

Currently an assistant coach with the Wild.

Bernie Federko -

Currently a television color commentator for the Blues.

Bob Rouse -

Currently an assistant coach with the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL.

that's all the research I feel like doing for now :)

Juri Butsayev

In September of 2009 he was sentenced for rape by the Finnish court. The rape happened in Asikkala, Finland in July of 2009.

Dino Ciccarelli

Ciccarelli owns the nightclub Club 22 in Shelby Township, Michigan

Marty LaPointe:

On December 5, 2009, it was reported that Lapointe's former team, the Chicago Blackhawks, have hired him as a pro scout.

Manny Legace:

Manny is currently starting goaltender for the Iserlohn Roosters in the DEL.

Marc Rodgers:

WAS the head coach of the Knoxville Ice Bears, but was asked to resign earlier this year...

Larry Murphy:

Currently drinks himself into oblivion and attemtps to be an analyst for Fox Sports and the NHL Network.

Larry Murphy:

Currently drinks himself into oblivion and attemtps to be an analyst for Fox Sports and the NHL Network.

How awkward was the post game show when he started coughing and he and Keating looked like the world was going to end if he coughed on camera?

Lucky Luc Robitaille

Robitaille and his wife, Stacia, co-founded the non-profit charity Shelter for Serenity in 2005 to help families displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and has extended to needy children in the Los Angeles community as Echoes of Hope [1].[3][23]

Robitaille made an appearance in "Fire in the Ice," a season four episode of the TV series Bones. In the episode, he appears as himself in an hallucination had by lead character Seeley Booth, when Booth is knocked out while playing in a recreational hockey game.

While the charity work is the best part, I really like the tv show and was pleasantly surprised :D