• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Stanely

Our REALLY old boys

Rate this topic

Dom update:

2009-2010: Hašek signed a one-year contract with HC Moeller Pardubice, the club where he started his long career at age 15, as the youngest professional goaltender. He won Czech League championships with Pardubice in 1987 and 1989 (moved to the US, NHL in 1990).

In the 2009-10, season he again led his team to victory in the title match for the Czech league. Dom posted three shutouts in the playoffs, one in the finals. Pardubice lost only one game in the playoffs before posting twelve consecutive wins to take the title. They begged him to return, but he said with typical Dominik-logic, that he'd been there, done that.

2010-2011: Hasek signed a one-year contract with HC Spartak Moscow (KHL). They've had a bit of a rough year so far, firing the coach and scrambling the lines. Dom got a shut out opening night. ;)

I hope to live long enough to see him inducted into the HHOF. Not sure he will ever actually retire for three years, though. :P

Screw Cheveldae, I wanna know what Vincent Riendeau is doing!

Following his retirement, Riendeau would become a goaltending consultant for the Toronto Maple Leafs, a move that allowed him to work with Joseph again. Riendeau would then spend the 2004–05 season as the goaltender coach for the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the QMJHL. He is the leader of the Winter Hawks NAHA-Riendeau Goalie Camp.[8] Riendeau works as Goalkeeper Coach by Hamburg Freezers in Germany. He also moonlites as the head diving coach for the Canadian Goaltending Diving Team.

LOL Nev!!! :D

I looked up more former REALLY old boys! All info is from Wikipedia. :)

Kelly Kisio is currently the General Manager of the Calgary Hitmen.

Lane Lambert is currently the head coach of the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League.

Gerard Gallant was named head coach of the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL on April 24, 2009. He led the team to their first QMJHL President's Cup Final with a league best 109 points and subsequently was named the 2010 Canadian Hockey League Coach of the Year.

Rick Zombo is currently the head coach of the men's hockey team at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO.

Eddie Mio is currently the Director of Player Development for the Phoenix Coyotes.

Harold Snepts was hired as a scout for the NHL's Central Scouting Service (CSS) in 2000. He spent five seasons in that role before returning to the Canucks' organization as a scout in 2005.

Bernie Federko was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2002, and is currently a television color commentator for the Blues. He also had his number '24' retired by the Blues on March 16, 1991.

Paul Ysebaert currently does work on behalf of the Red Wings Alumni Association.

Keith Primeau is currently the Special Assistant to the General Manager and Director of Player Development of the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL and the owner of a franchise of Bain's Deli in Philadelphia, PA.

John Chabot is Algonquin from Kitigan Zibi, and is active in visiting reserves to speak and run hockey skills camps across Canada. He is also the president of Anishinabeg Communications a company that specializes in promotional items, printing, graphic design, and brand development www.thepeoplefirst.com

Bob Essensa is the goaltending coach for the Boston Bruins.

I was going to post that clip of where are they now about Vladdy but it always seems to upset people. I think this is the perfect thread for it though

If you have anything new on Vladdy could you email me the link, my son also suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in 2008, I`ve tried to find recent article and just have no luck