• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

An Unlikely Scrap

Rate this topic

Just in response to the person who wants to see Pavs fight Crosby......how about hell no. I don't want Pavs putting his bare hands on that guy. The almost palpable amount of ****** that oozes off of him may rub off on Pavs and turn him into the Russian version of The Situation from Jersey Shore.

Edited by Electrophile

Everybody in the media have been making a big deal out of the Crosby fight, but yesterday I was watching NHL on the fly and they show'd some of his previous fights including the one the other day,

and the dude never takes of his helmet. In my opinion he should be admonished by the media and other players for fighting with a helmet and visor on,

instead of being praised. His helmet can really hurt somebody.

More often then not helmets are left on... its not just Crosby. Remember Joe Kocur's f***ed up knuckles? Didn't happen from getting them slammed in the door.

In the unlikely to scrap category....now add Crosby vs. Getzlaf.

Not exactly a scrap, but someone must have eaten Crosby's Lucky Charms, cause he's ornery lately. So much for the good memories from Vancouver last winter.

Why oh why can't there be a mic on the bench. I'd love to hear what Getzlaf said to Crosby after that slash.

What's with making this the top headline on the NHL?

Right? Any and everything about poster boy has to be front page news. Hey NHL, did he take a crap today? Please tell us about it!!

Forget that the Boston/Washington game was good or that Eriksson had a good night in Dallas, we want to hear about Crosby trash talking in a losing effort. :thumbdown:

esteef

Ha Ha Crosby's all tough with a tough player near the safety of the bench. What's with making this the top headline on the NHL?

Crosby had no problem taking him down in the corner, i don't know where you get this idea that he does this only near refs and th bench.

The blind Crosby hate in this thread astounds me. So much jealousy, I don't get it. I don't like the guy either, but nor do I follow the sheep mentality that the vast majority here do about bashing him and exaggerating circumstances. Crosby is a turd, but I don't understand th blind hate he gets for every action he does.

Crosby had no problem taking him down in the corner, i don't know where you get this idea that he does this only near refs and th bench.

The blind Crosby hate in this thread astounds me. So much jealousy, I don't get it. I don't like the guy either, but nor do I follow the sheep mentality that the vast majority here do about bashing him and exaggerating circumstances. Crosby is a turd, but I don't understand th blind hate he gets for every action he does.

I think it's almost a mirroring effect from the media coverage.

Every little thing Crosby does gets magnified and receives front page coverage from NHL.com and other media outlets...therefore our hatred of him, justified or not, becomes magnified in turn.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate the little s*** and a lot of it is probably irrational, but it's not out of jealousy or anything like that - for that kind of hatred, look at my stance on Ryan Getzlaf; can't stand the guy because he's so damn good and would welcome him on the Wings in a heartbeat. With Crosby, I hate him because he's A) oversaturated in the media (admittedly, not his fault), B) Bettman's pet (he didn't help that when he talked about how he just called him up on the phone during that whole ASG fiasco), C) a sore loser, D) an equally sore winner, E) Arrogant, in the way that he refuses to give other players credit (if someone gets you with a good play, own up to it).

But I also admit that while I'd love to see him and punch him in the face...he'd probably be really nice to me and I would just feel like a douchebag. :P

Crosby didn't take him down in the corner, he fell down on him. Criticism isn't necessarily blind hate if you give reasons. I'm just pointing out the obvious (guys like you need it) that it's cheap as hell to give a little mini crosscheck at the bench where there is no chance of being taken to task for it. Everybody including Crosby knew he wanted no part of Getzlaf. The fact that this non-event is headline news shows the blind love for Crosby--oooooh Sid got into a fight now he's a real badass--well not with real tough guys, he isn't. Why would I be jealous of Crosby when I have the best all around player in the world on my team in Pavel Datsyuk.

Why do people assume hate = jealousy? He's a talented player? We have plenty of those on our team. He has an Olympic medal? So do quite a few players on our team. He has a Stanley Cup? We have more than few who have more than one.

So I don't get the jealousy bit. He's a douchey ******* and I hate douchey assholes. Has nothing to do with talent or gold medals or Stanley Cups or money or whatever else.