• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:58 AM

Crosby won the fight. Of course he picked out the smallest guy on the ice, but he won. Even if he picked his spot, he did throw down and props for that. But he only picked a fight he knew he would win.

I wouldn't want him to get killed. I'd rather someone just amputate his legs so that he has to live but can't play the sport that he loves.

I liked it. Other people are more PC.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#62 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

Has it gotten to the point that people on this form dislike the guy so much logic thought can not be processed when it comes to him?

For the record, Niskanen is BIGGER than Crosby. Crosby picks his spots and doesn't fight guys with more fighting experience? Come on, Crosby isn't a fighter, why would he pick fights with fighters. People are acting as it Crosby singles out the weakest player in every game and goes out and picks a fight with them. He's been in 4 or 5 fights in his career and has fought guys in and around his size.....is there really anything wrong with that? There is because it's Crosby of course, I must be an idiot, that's the one variable I did not consider.

#63 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Here are Niskanen's thoughts on the scrap:

I think he probably picked me out," Niskanen said. "Maybe I was the smallest guy out there. I don't know."

:lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#64 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

god he even fights like a ***** hes out there tossin like one or two punches and the rest of it was him trying to tackle him or somethin :blink: .comparing this to the datsyuk fight, datsyuk fight>crosby fight.

Edited by HockeyTownHouligan, 05 November 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#65 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

hes a great player.... ill give him that. but if i had the option of hitting him with a baseball bat i would. hes a crybaby and a horrible face for the league

#66 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

What happened? Did Niskanen take Sid's My Little Pony and not give it back?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#67 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Based on one 51 goal season where he had St. Louis on his line while Crosby had...well I'm sure you know.

Yeah, you are crazy.

Hello Einstein... imagine Zetterberg on his line... he could score easily 70 goals...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#68 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

datsyuk fight>crosby fight.

this get's me thinking... Datsyuk vs. Crosby would be epic

I would rather see Zetterberg vs. Crosby but I doubt that's going to happen

#69 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

this get's me thinking... Datsyuk vs. Crosby would be epic

I would rather see Zetterberg vs. Crosby but I doubt that's going to happen

I wouldn't want to see Crosby fight any star on the Wings. Crosby is a strong kid, but in every fight all he seems to do is try to pull and drag people around for majority of the 'fight' then throw a couple punches somewhere in there and thats it. If Crosby was willing to throw fists, thats a different story but I don't really want to see him throwing Dats around like that.

#70 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

I wouldn't want to see Crosby fight any star on the Wings. Crosby is a strong kid, but in every fight all he seems to do is try to pull and drag people around for majority of the 'fight' then throw a couple punches somewhere in there and thats it. If Crosby was willing to throw fists, thats a different story but I don't really want to see him throwing Dats around like that.

Crosby is very strong physically, but pound for pound I would have to give the edge to Dats in that matchup. I don't think anyone in the league today who is close in size could ragdoll Datsyuk the way Crosby did Niskanen. I wouldn't mind seeing Datsyuk and Crosby square off and see who is REALLY the best all-around player in the league ;)

That being said, I give Crosby props for trying to be a leader and throwing some good punches. I think the fight was less a product of the score and more due to the fact that Morrow picked a fight with Letang, who not only is not much of a fighter but has a hand injury and couldn't really fight back if he wanted to.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#71 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Everybody in the media have been making a big deal out of the Crosby fight, but yesterday I was watching NHL on the fly and they show'd some of his previous fights including the one the other day,

and the dude never takes of his helmet. In my opinion he should be admonished by the media and other players for fighting with a helmet and visor on,

instead of being praised. His helmet can really hurt somebody.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#72 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

I dont remember who the pens were playing or who Crosby wanted to fight, but a few seasons ago Crosby challenged someone and the other player backed down because Crosby was wearing a visor. While on the bench Crosby had the equipment guy take his visor off. Next shift Crosby challenged the same guy and the guy pussed out.

Now Im no Crosby fan, but that was bad ass of him.
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#73 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

http://www.letsgowin...unlikely-scrap/
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#74 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

The guys on NHL Home Ice were all creaming their jeans about the fight today. Reminded me of why I stopped listening to that channel initially. <_<

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#75 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I dont remember who the pens were playing or who Crosby wanted to fight, but a few seasons ago Crosby challenged someone and the other player backed down because Crosby was wearing a visor. While on the bench Crosby had the equipment guy take his visor off. Next shift Crosby challenged the same guy and the guy pussed out.

Now Im no Crosby fan, but that was bad ass of him.

I don't remember it, but that was one time. And it hasn't stopped him from fighting with his visor on since.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#76 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

I don't remember it, but that was one time. And it hasn't stopped him from fighting with his visor on since.

You notice that the people he fights have a visor as well?

#77 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

<_<

Edited by darkmanx, 05 November 2010 - 09:15 PM.

#78 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

You notice that the people he fights have a visor as well?

Of the 5 fights I saw replays of yesterday all but one took the helmet off. And crosby never did.

#79 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Just in response to the person who wants to see Pavs fight Crosby......how about hell no. I don't want Pavs putting his bare hands on that guy. The almost palpable amount of ****** that oozes off of him may rub off on Pavs and turn him into the Russian version of The Situation from Jersey Shore.

Edited by Electrophile, 05 November 2010 - 09:49 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#80 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

Everybody in the media have been making a big deal out of the Crosby fight, but yesterday I was watching NHL on the fly and they show'd some of his previous fights including the one the other day,

and the dude never takes of his helmet. In my opinion he should be admonished by the media and other players for fighting with a helmet and visor on,

instead of being praised. His helmet can really hurt somebody.

More often then not helmets are left on... its not just Crosby. Remember Joe Kocur's f***ed up knuckles? Didn't happen from getting them slammed in the door.