• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/5 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Oilers 1

Rate this topic

Go Wings! Sweet win, but I am still stewing about that no good zebra dirtball mugging Big Rig in the middle of a fight so he couldn't defend himself. What a ***, he should be fined for that!

Kick some more western canadian tail tomorrow Wings! Like Swedish viking ravaging the canadian countryside!

GO RED WINGS!!!

but much respect for him stepping up to back up Dats

It was also good to see Ericsson right there after Abby got pushed into the net, glaring at the Oilers like he was daring them to try to hurt Abby while he was down. The big lug may learn to use his size after all. :thumbup:

great game, all lines looked good. Ericsson did the right thing (even though the check was legal) same thing with Whitney. The oilers seem to have a pretty good fansbase, they didn't boo at stupid times like some fans, plus there ice is the s***.

How did Pavs not get a star in that game? Pavs was once again the best player on the ice; the man is magic. IMO I think the 3 stars were Bulin, Pavs and Nick ... Nick showed tonight why he is the best dman in the nhl this year again with his play in that 3rd period saving arguably 2 goals off horrible rebounds by Howard. My overall thoughts:

- It was a really fun, fast paace game for the most part

- Bulin was spectacular!; Howie was solid, howevver gave off a few too many terrible reboundsd in the 3rd where Nick bailed him out

- Like I said, Pavs was the best player on the ice all game everywhere on the ice (it was nice to see him extend his point streak because he deserved it!)

- Hank looked much more into the game tonight then in the Flames game, nice to see

- 3rd line was solid again

- 2nd line was solid again also, though Mule has to get going a bit more offensively

- 4th line wasn't their usual dominant self (I wonder why ??- - Hudler!)

- Hudler needs to get his game rolling or Babs will bench him more and more because he isn't shooting, gives away the puck too much and doesn't come back well enough

- The Wings D, all of them, looked extremely solid tonight

FINAL NOTE: THe Wings are winning all these games, looking quite well I might add, without Brian Rafalski so one can only imagine how much better their game will be with him back (POWERPLAY!!!)

- GO WINGS :)

Pavs has been amazing pretty much every game. I really didn't notice Mule or Bert much tonight. 3rd line looked good. It seemed like Mike was trying to get the 3rd and 4th rolling at the expense of the 2nd. Given the game tomorrow that makes sense. Kindl is the only d man looking consistently shabby right now. Once Rafalski is back look out!

I like how some people complained about Cleary on here and then a few minutes later Babs trusted him enough to put him on the ice to protect the one goal lead and then he got an EN goal.

Well, he has played with his head up his ass until very recently. What don't you understand? Oh Right...Hudler.

Well, he has played with his head up his ass until very recently. What don't you understand? Oh Right...Hudler.

I sense the sarcasm but I'm not quite sure what you mean by it. It's late and I'm not feeling all that great so sorry but can you please spell it out for me.

Pavs has been amazing pretty much every game. I really didn't notice Mule or Bert much tonight. 3rd line looked good. It seemed like Mike was trying to get the 3rd and 4th rolling at the expense of the 2nd. Given the game tomorrow that makes sense. Kindl is the only d man looking consistently shabby right now. Once Rafalski is back look out!

Clearly hasn't been playing poorly, he just had two crappy linemates. Now Modano seems to be getting it going, and they got the dead weight off that line. Even when the Hudler-Modano-Cleary line was still together, Babcock was using Danny with Pav and Z at the end of games. That's a pretty big vote of confidence.

It's early in the season, but Hudler needs to get it going because right now this team is better with Abby, Eaves, or Miller in the lineup than him.

And Datsyuk is playing like a Hart trophy candidate again. He looked a step off for the first half of last season, but has come out blazing this year. Z too. I think with them on the same line and their puck dominance, they give the opposing line fits.

And another solid game from Jimmy!

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Good win Wings!

Tomorrow night is an interesting game.

I also thought Salei had a really solid game.

Salei is looking better and better every game. I was hoping he would after he got more comfortable with the system and player tendencies. So far so good.

Clearly hasn't been playing poorly, he just had two crappy linemates. Now Modano seems to be getting it going, and they got the dead weight off that line. Even when the Hudler-Modano-Cleary line was still together, Babcock was using Danny with Pav and Z at the end of games. That's a pretty big vote of confidence.

It's early in the season, but Hudler needs to get it going because right now this team is better with Abby, Eaves, or Miller in the lineup than him.

And Datsyuk is playing like a Hart trophy candidate again. He looked a step off for the first half of last season, but has come out blazing this year. Z too. I think with them on the same line and their puck dominance, they give the opposing line fits.

And another solid game from Jimmy!

I like the chemistry we are seeing between Cleary and Abby. If Modano can get it going a little more, THEN they could be the best third line in the NHL. Whodathunkit

Salei is looking better and better every game. I was hoping he would after he got more comfortable with the system and player tendencies. So far so good.

I like the chemistry we are seeing between Cleary and Abby. If Modano can get it going a little more, THEN they could be the best third line in the NHL. Whodathunkit

Salei is taking some dumb penalties. I expect him to fight for the 6th spot like E and Kindl when Raf comes back.

E still needs some work but he is getting better. I got scared when Hall turned him inside out late in the 3rd.

Oh yeah, I told you guys that putting him with Lidstrom would do him some good.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Salei is taking some dumb penalties. I expect him to fight for the 6th spot like E and Kindl when Raf comes back.

Agree. He didn't look so good the first half of the game, but picked it up once he played a little nasty throughout the second. Almost like Markov, maybe he needs to play mean to be more effective.

esteef

E still needs some work but he is getting better. I got scared when Hall turned him inside out late in the 3rd.

Oh yeah, I told you guys that putting him with Lidstrom would do him some good.

He's gonna take what appear to be dumb penalties because he is a little long in the tooth and is going to get caught out of position from time to time. His salary reflects this and I still like him better than Lilja at this point.

Edited by Broken 16

He's gonna take what appear to be dumb penalties because he is a little long in the tooth and is going to get caught out of position from time to time. His salary reflects this and I still like him better than Lilja at this point.

totally agree with this. its awesome to see kindl already having the sense to stay back when salei gets caught out of position too. maybe thats there plan, force kindl to become a better player :yowza: