• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#21 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Wings win, Hank with the hat trick because eventually he's going to get one when I call it and I'll look clairvoyant.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

The Oilers will come out strong tonight. Hopefully Khabibulin has another poor game and we can light him up for a couple. If we play like we did against Calgary, we'll win.

:siren: :siren: LGW!!! :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#23 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

I'm pumped for this game. I haven't been able to catch the Oilers yet. Just hopefully the Wings don't take them for granted and lay back.

I am however not excited about the fact the game is in FS+ the quality on that channel is awful. I can barely tell which line is out since it looks like 5 blurry snowballs skating around.

#24 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

I'm pumped for this game. I haven't been able to catch the Oilers yet. Just hopefully the Wings don't take them for granted and lay back.

I am however not excited about the fact the game is in FS+ the quality on that channel is awful. I can barely tell which line is out since it looks like 5 blurry snowballs skating around.

Tell me about it, FSD+ is horrid.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Joey chips a nail, so Ozzie is put in as backup since you don't use your groin when charting face-offs.

At the end of the first, the score is 0-0. JHo has faced no shots, so he goes out for a beer during intermission. Finding a nice microbrewery that produces a hearty, yet lilting ale, he loses track of time and fails to return to the game.

With 15 seconds left in the second period, Horcroff rings one off the post, and everyone notices that the Wings have had an empty net for the entire period. Ozzie drops his chart, grabs his helmet, but due to the groin injury, he is too late to get to the net, the Oilers get the rebound, and score.

Ozzie plays the third.

Final score: Wings 3, Oilers 1.
Ozzie with the hat trick.

LGW complains that he should have had the "soft" goal, and that his scoring is "streaky".

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Tell me about it, FSD+ is horrid.

I haven't bothered to look, but is there a Pistons game tonight that's being broadcast on FSN and they moved the Wings to FSN Plus?

If so, I have one question - Why?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Any Toledo folks know if this game is airing on cable here, and if so, what channel its on?

#28 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Shouldn't Columbus be at 16 points not twelve? :hehe:

#29 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Huds in, Miller or Eaves likely sits. Kind of a good problem to have; not wanting to scratch anyone and struggling to decide.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5, 05 November 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#30 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

I want to see a big hit on hall by Stuey, in fact im predicting it as well
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Stephane Auger (15), Don VanMassenvoven (21), Linesmen Don Henderson (91), Jay Sharrers (57)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

I want to see a big hit on hall by Stuey, in fact im predicting it as well

That'd be sexy. A nice Kronwall/Havsplat hit would be nice by Stu. All those rookies and youngings with their heads down, they should be prime for the splattin'
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#33 GordieHowe4Ever

GordieHowe4Ever

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Wings should win this game in a heartbeat.

Go Wings!

#34 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Well, Hudler gets to hang out and watch the cheerleaders.

Wow, Taylor Hall -4! Has he really been that bad?

#35 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Thank god WOW cable just got FSN+ HD on the first.

#36 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

That'd be sexy. A nice Kronwall/Havsplat hit would be nice by Stu. All those rookies and youngings with their heads down, they should be prime for the splattin'

hall has already gotten rocked several times this season, and stuey generally tends to play physical in Edmonton, especially against the younger guys
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#37 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

Fraser leads the Oilers in PIM so far and hes Abdelkader's weight class so maybe we'll see fireworks. Better see Abby drop the visor before throwing. Edmonton has a fairly gritty team this year.

Yup Fraser is an experienced fighter but not a very good one. Abdelkader should get warmed up with guys like him then in the next few seasons he can get good and take on some tougher guys.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#38 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

Im guessing Hall is most likely to get leveled tonight.

Here's to hoping that Happy Hudler gets his first goal tonight!

#39 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Well, Hudler gets to hang out and watch the cheerleaders.

Wow, Taylor Hall -4! Has he really been that bad?

Hall hasn't been bad all. -4 isn't terrible when you play on the Oilers 3rd and 4th line. He has had about a billion chances so far, he'll start capitalizing sooner or later (hopefully not tonight).

Hockeytown, GDT looks great.
Posted Image

#40 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Any Toledo folks know if this game is airing on cable here, and if so, what channel its on?

For Buckeye Digital it will be on either channel 8 or 69. Channels 8 or 13 for standard. The game isn't showing up on the programming gide for any of the channels yet though.