• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Franzen will play tonight; Hudler will also

Rate this topic

Despite Miller's PK ability we do have so many guys that can fill in tonight. Hudler doesnt bring any speed to that line and although Miller isn't slow he clearly is the slowest of Eaves, Helm and himself so I think it makes the most sense to sit Miller out. I think we'll just see some extra PK time from Cleary and/or Filppula in Miller's absense.

I would think the only way it's not Miller is if there is an undisclosed minor injury to another (not Franzen) player.

Despite Miller's PK ability we do have so many guys that can fill in tonight. Hudler doesnt bring any speed to that line and although Miller isn't slow he clearly is the slowest of Eaves, Helm and himself so I think it makes the most sense to sit Miller out. I think we'll just see some extra PK time from Cleary and/or Filppula in Miller's absense.

I would think the only way it's not Miller is if there is an undisclosed minor injury to another (not Franzen) player.

You nailed it - For all these reasons, it's a pretty clear choice and you almost have to feel bad for Miller, because he's played VERY well given his role, but the fact is, he's the least talented of our 13 healthy forwards right now...

Im with all of you, Miller to sit. My question is, who's playing 4th line Abby or Huds?

Hudler - I dont think you'll see the 3rd get broken up after it took 8 games for them to start clicking a bit. That's not to say you wont see Hudler - Modano - Cleary for a couple of shifts at some point but I think to start we see:

Abdelkader - Modano - Cleary

Hudler - Helm - Eaves

Miller (sitting)

You nailed it - For all these reasons, it's a pretty clear choice and you almost have to feel bad for Miller, because he's played VERY well given his role, but the fact is, he's the least talented of our 13 healthy forwards right now...

Exactly - plus you just get the sense that Hudler would mesh better with Eaves. The speed that Eaves brings should create more space for him. It'll be interesting to see 1. if we're right, and 2. how they mesh

Hudler - I dont think you'll see the 3rd get broken up after it took 8 games for them to start clicking a bit. That's not to say you wont see Hudler - Modano - Cleary for a couple of shifts at some point but I think to start we see:

Abdelkader - Modano - Cleary

Hudler - Helm - Eaves

Miller (sitting)

I think there's a great chance you see merri-go-round on the bottom 2 lines tonight, with essentially all 6 getting mixed and swapped at various points...

Abdelkader-Modano-Cleary

Hudler-Helm-Eaves

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Adbelkader-Modano-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Hudler-Abdelkader-Modano

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those at some point throughout the night, not to say they will be that way all night, but at some point, for a look...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Stolberg

I would say eaves, the only thing i remember him doing last game was getting laid out a few times

didn't he deny a really good scoring chance along with stuart the other day?

didn't he deny a really good scoring chance along with stuart the other day?

yes he did, not to mention he registered 3 shots on net to Miller's 0 and played just an overall very solid defensive game, while generating some offense as well...

Im not sure how Hudler will fit in with the fourth line. We all know Helm has the speed to back check and set up a play, but God I am hoping Hudler does not try to set him up. I still do not trust Helm's shot.

I have to agree with you Stev, the bottom 6 is going to be mixed unless they play extremely well. I would love to see if Hudler and Filp still play well together but we all know we will not see that happen, that 2nd line has been way too good for us despite there little slow down.

I want to see

Eaves-Cleary-Mo

Helm-Midget-Abby

*Disclaimer- Don't get all pissy with me because I didn't list them in the right position. It's just a line combo I want to see.

Cleary and Hudler at center???? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?

:P

seriousness though, I think there's a good chance that we'll see that at some point, I personally think those would be very complementary lines as well...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest mindfly

Skill doesn't do it for wings on most nights, work ethic is everything especially against a young fast team... i think this is a bad descision, hudler won't be any better and Miller is one of the 10 best forward PK'ers in the league (yeah you heard me)...im not so sure abdelkader is ready for pk duties yet he has only just come back from injury while miller is in a rythm

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

Why wouldn't Franzen play? I haven't heard anything.

Sore hip flexor... where have you been?

I say play Hudler with at least one other skilled offensive player that he's gelled with in the past on his line or trade him, as his offensive talent is wasted. Hudler should be on the second pp unit. I would give him a chance to re-adjust to the NHL first before trading him. If he were to be traded to the Eastern Conf., he'd be ripping it up in no time. We might get a decent player in return for Huds or a draft pick. I predict (and hope) though, that Hudler will step up to the second line and pp unit as a result of the inevitable minor injuries and slumps (ie. Bert) we'll face this year and will re-establish himself in the D.