Official Game Day Thread

Detroit_Red_Wings.jpgVS. Vancouver_Canucks.jpg

Final Score: Canucks 6, Red Wings 4

Canucks win shootout of a game, 6-4

Start time: 10:00 EST

Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC

Rogers-Arena.jpg

Available On:

175px-New_FSN_logo_color.jpg -177px-HNIC_Logo.svg_-150x150.png - 971theticket_200.gif

Tonight's Stream

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/user/15741-drumnj/

(Directions in profile)

610x.jpg

Official Game Preview:

Wings, Canucks put winning streaks on the line

nhl_logo.pngAround the NHL

Joe Thornton suspended two games

Hossa close to returning for Blackhawks

Flyers Bobrovsky no longer an unknown

western-logo.jpgWestern Conference Standings

1. Los Angeles Kings.....................12 GP, 9-3-0, 18 pts

2. Detroit Red Wings......................11 GP, 8-2-1, 17 pts

3. Vancouver Cancucks.................12 GP, 7-3-2, 16 pts

4. St. Louis Blues............................10 GP, 7-1-2, 16 pts

5. Columbus Blue Jackets...............12 GP, 8-4-0, 16 pts

6. Dallas Stars................................12 GP, 8-4-0, 16 pts

7. Chicago Blackhawks...................15 GP, 7-7-1, 15 pts

8. Minnesota Wild...........................12 GP, 6-4-2, 14 pts

-----------------------------------

9. Nashville Predators.....................11 GP, 5-3-3, 13 pts

10. Colorado Avalanche....................12 GP, 6-5-1, 13 pts

11. Anaheim Ducks...........................14 GP, 6-7-1, 13 pts

12. Calgary Flames............................13 GP, 6-7-0, 12 pts

13. San Jose Sharks..........................11 GP, 5-5-1, 11 pts

14. Phoenix Coyotes..........................12 GP, 4-5-3, 11 pts

15. Edmonton Oilers..........................11 GP, 3-6-2, 11 pts

riples187e.png

det.png RED WINGS

11 GP, 8-2-1, 15 pts

Last Game: Defeated EDM 3-1

van.png CANUCKS

12 GP, 7-3-2, 16 pts

Last Game: Defeated COL 3-1

Last DET-VAN Meeting:

3/20, DET 4 at VAN 3 (OT) Recap

Highlights

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Johan Franzen, Pavel Datsyuk: 6

VAN Daniel Sedin: 8

Assists

DET Nicklas Lidstrom: 12

VAN Henrik Sedin: 12

Plus/Minus

DET Henrik Zetterberg: +8

VAN Jannik Hansen: +5

----

DET Jiri Hudler: -6

VAN Tanner Glass, Ryan Parent: -3

PIM

DET Ruslan Salei: 22

VAN Raffi Torres: 23

riples187g.png

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Hudler

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Salei-Kindl

VAN.gifProjected VAN Lines

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson

Torres-Malhotra-Hansen

Glass-Rypien-Schaefer

Edler-Ehrhoff

Bieksa-Ballard

Alberts-Rome

riples187h.png

det.png Jimmy Howard

98463444.jpg.23279_crop_340x234.jpg?1271364215

Record:

6-0-1, 1.82 GAA, .933 SV%, 1 SO

----

versus.

----

van.png Roberto Luongo

luongo_roberto_canucks_defends_net_325x183.jpg

Record:

4-3-2, 2.61 GAA, .915V%, 2 SO

riples187i.png

det.pngRED WINGS

Chris Osgood (groin) out, Brian Rafalski (knee) out,

Kris Draper (groin) out

----

van.png CANUCKS

Dan Hamhuis (foot) out, Ryan Parent (groin) questionable,

Alexandre Bolduc (ankle) out, Sami Salo (torn achilles tendon) out

On Deck

PHO.png

11/8, Coyotes at Red Wings; 7:30 PM

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I'm not worried about this back-to-back like some others are. Not that far of travel plus they gain an hour. I guess that's the good thing about East-to-West road trips.

Hopefully Jimmy gets his 23rd straight regulation win and come out of this road trip rewarded with a nice, long string of home games.

weeeeeooooooo me and my buds will be there (2 of us are wings fans) hammered out of our minds.....

I just wanna see Howard play solid and see some dirty datsyuk dangles alllll night.

You just know it's going to be a close one, you always get your moneys worth during a wings-nucks game.

Wings 3 (Dats,Mule,Helm)

Nucks 2 (Burrows,Raymond)

Van city has 5 wins in a row and Detroit has won 6 of their last 7. Should be a good matchup, Datsyuk and Z are gonna show the Sedin sisters who the real top duo in the NHL is. Datsyuk will do something sweet, it'll be a close game and be a chippy first period.

That is all

Oh i'm excited for tomorrow, going to the WMU State game at 7:30, then i'll watch the second half of the Wings game after that!

:D

Lets go Red Wings and Broncos!

I'll be at Western's game too!!!

I chose to skip out on going to Central, pretty happy I did too...dry.gif

Canucks with a 5 game win streak and a 5-0-1 home record. Wings with a 4-1-0 away record and Howard on a role. Something's gonna give tomorrow.

Burrows has just returned from injury (shoulder surgery) and is looking good and Dan Hamhuis may be back for tomorrow but is doubtful.

'Nucks have the best powerplay in the league, the top three Canucks lines are all rolling well, Kesler's been a beast lately and the third line of Malhotra, Torres, and Hansen has surpassed all expectations beyond belief. Torres got his first NHL hat-trick 2 games ago and added another last game and Malhotra is second in the NHL in face-offs won. The Sedins have been the Sedins; typically outstanding, but really -- the way the rest of the team is playing who needs them?

Edited by Chairman Maouth

I think, by far this is THE matchup of the West. There don't really seem to be any other teams that can rival Detroit and Vancouver right now.

I'm hoping for a big bench brawl, so that Wings/Nucks becomes the new Wings/Avs. I really can see the potential for a HUGE rivalry between these two teams.

Also, I never noticed until now that the Vancouver arena's name was changed. Used to be GM Place

Edited by Shady Ultima

I think, by far this is THE matchup of the West. There don't really seem to be any other teams that can rival Detroit and Vancouver right now.

I'm hoping for a big bench brawl, so that Wings/Nucks becomes the new Wings/Avs. I really can see the potential for a HUGE rivalry between these two teams.

Also, I never noticed until now that the Vancouver arena's name was changed. Used to be and hasGM Place

Yeah it's Rogers Arena now. Rogers is a major cable provider in Canada and has had a contract with the Canucks for years to broadcast games so it's kind of a natural fit.

Regarding the fight thing -- the Wings aren't exactly seen around the league as a team that drops the gloves a lot. And I doubt we'll even dress Rypien tomorrow. The teams will be playing to win, not to goon it up.

Also, while I think both teams already get up for playing each other, it will take at least a playoff series or two to establish a true hateful rivalry.

Yeah it's Rogers Arena now. Rogers is a major cable provider in Canada and has had a contract with the Canucks for years to broadcast games so it's kind of a natural fit.

I know of Rogers, I'm also in Canada, just by Windsor, and I lived in Vancouver before the Olympics. I just never knew they changed the name.

Regarding the fight thing -- the Wings aren't exactly seen around the league as a team that drops the gloves a lot. And I doubt we'll even dress Rypien tomorrow. The teams will be playing to win, not to goon it up.

Also, while I think both teams already get up for playing each other, it will take at least a playoff series or two to establish a true hateful rivalry.

And as much as I know that this is true, a guy can dream right? Those games with Colorado were between two very evenly matched teams, and I think Vancouver is the only team that has that kind of skill in the West. Perhaps Chicago, but they lost so much that I don't think they're even close. But Vancouver is very similar to Detroit, so I'd love to see a good hatred between the two, something that riles up the players and the fans.

Guest mindfly

I actually would like to see Luongo in net rather than Schneider, am I the only one?

And as much as I know that this is true, a guy can dream right? Those games with Colorado were between two very evenly matched teams, and I think Vancouver is the only team that has that kind of skill in the West. Perhaps Chicago, but they lost so much that I don't think they're even close. But Vancouver is very similar to Detroit, so I'd love to see a good hatred between the two, something that riles up the players and the fans.

Yes they were. And it was because of Draper and Lemieux that half the fans in the NHL were drawn into that rivalry and sided overwhelmingly with Detroit -- me included. That was the Messier era in Vancouver and those were the darkest days of the Canucks franchise. I had to have a winner to cheer for somewhere and the Wings had been one of my favourite teams my whole life so it wasn't a big stretch. Besides, the Avs had a cup winning team delivered directly to their doorstep from Quebec City and it was hard to cheer for them.

I still think it's a little early to write any team off though. Also, you may be selling the Kings a little short at this point too. A lot can change between now and April. By Christmas we'll have a better idea how things are going to shape up in the West.

Re: tonights game. I always look forward to seeing Bert back in Vancouver, even if it's so we can hopefully shut him down. Guess he's doing pretty good this year. Good to see. He was seriously damaged goods for a long time.