• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/6 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Canucks 6

Rate this topic

The reffing overall wasn't too one sided, however, it's bizarre that the Nucks got virtually all their powerplays after the Wings were already down. It was like the deck was stacked against the Wings after the Nucks scored at the start of the 3rd and there was no way they could get back into it.

I like Miller, but Eaves is the part of the best PK pair we have, I can't believe Babcock took him out. :blink:

eaves also has 2 goals 1 assist -1 while miller has 1 assist -4

its tough though, theyre about the same. eaves might be a touch better. cant blame the game on miller though. although he couldve cleared the puck on i believe the 2nd ppg in the 3rd.

Guest Heaten

The reffing overall wasn't too one sided, however, it's bizarre that the Nucks got virtually all their powerplays after the Wings were already down. It was like the deck was stacked against the Wings after the Nucks scored at the start of the 3rd and there was no way they could get back into it.

Wings took all those penalties in the 3rd because they became flat footed and fatigue set in. That's what happens when you run out of gas on back to back nights. If Wings were rested, I would not be one bit surprised we beat them 5-1 decisively the way Luongo was playing.

Wings took the lead and ran out of gas. They played good for 40 minutes, but the last 20 punched them square in the gut. That said, Glad the late games are over. 10pm games suck ass.

they took a night off

Huh? They dominated the first 2 periods. Did you even watch the game?

Wings took all those penalties in the 3rd because they became flat footed and fatigue set in. That's what happens when you run out of gas on back to back nights. If Wings were rested, I would not be one bit surprised we beat them 5-1 decisively the way Luongo was playing.

Wings took the lead and ran out of gas. They played good for 40 minutes, but the last 20 punched them square in the gut. That said, Glad the late games are over. 10pm games suck ass.

Well said. They go to California though in only 3 weeks and some of those games are 10:30...

they took a night off

Well, a period at least.

Can blame a million things. If Hudler hadn't crossbarred. If Kronwall had drew the penalty when he got tripped. If we hadn't played back to back games, and 3 in 4 nights...etc, etc, etc.

Bottom line, we just ran out of gas, and Vancouver is too good an offensive team to run out of gas with.

I called 5-4 earlier in the thread. Figured it would be high scoring. Didn't see that sixth one coming though :-p

We had the PP chances early, and did not convert. Our PP takes the "Puck possession" thing a bit too far. Having 2 minutes of time with the puck isn't worth much if you're getting 2 weak shots from the outside.

I get the feeling Detroit is going to be working the PP a lot in practice.

Well, a period at least.

Can blame a million things. If Hudler hadn't crossbarred. If Kronwall had drew the penalty when he got tripped. If we hadn't played back to back games, and 3 in 4 nights...etc, etc, etc.

Bottom line, we just ran out of gas, and Vancouver is too good an offensive team to run out of gas with.

I called 5-4 earlier in the thread. Figured it would be high scoring. Didn't see that sixth one coming though :-p

We had the PP chances early, and did not convert. Our PP takes the "Puck possession" thing a bit too far. Having 2 minutes of time with the puck isn't worth much if you're getting 2 weak shots from the outside.

I get the feeling Detroit is going to be working the PP a lot in practice.

They better... I'm only happy with a PP of 20+% The PK had been awesome though, so I'm not worried about it. Just can't believe Vancouver is clicking around 60% in their last couple games (i heard 6 for 10 at one point)

That game fully came down to the third, and the Wings took way too many penalties against the best PP team so far. Thats the main reason for the lost, no one really played that bad for a back-to-back game and I thought Howard really gave them a chance to win it.

Also Franzen has been invisible out there the past few games... he must be injured.

Guest Heaten

That game fully came down to the third, and the Wings took way too many penalties against the best PP team so far. Thats the main reason for the lost, no one really played that bad for a back-to-back game and I thought Howard really gave them a chance to win it.

Also Franzen has been invisible out there the past few games... he must be injured.

Franzen hasn't been invisible, he's still out there hitting and creating scoring chances, he's just not converting on them. He's gripping his stick too hard right now. He had a glorious chance last night right in front of a wide open net but fumbled the puck. If he scored there, Wings likely win.

That said, the beauty of depth is when a player goes into a funk, there are other players to step up (Kronwall, Filpulla, Cleary, Abby, Ericsson). Wings shouldn't need to score 5 goals to win a game anyhow.

Wings get the pass for the loss. They get praise for taking 4 of a possible 6 and still gave Canucks a run for their money despite running out of gas on back to back nights.

The 2nd line has quited down a bit, but the 3rd line is scoring now.

That's just the way it is. You can't have all 4 lines being really hot at the same time. Something has to give.

The important thing is to not have anyone go on a long drought. That's when problems start occuring.

Guest mindfly

Forget about the potential 40goal scorer franzen, he's too streaky to ever score 40goals.. he gets hot and scores at will then goes cold for many games then gets injured then hot again... that's franzen for ya.

Btw, is it just me or does it feels like everytime kronwall scores the wings end up losing the game.. that's just a feeling i have hmmm any stats to back it up or just a weird feeling?

Edited by mindfly

Forget about the potential 40goal scorer franzen, he's too streaky to ever score 40goals.. he gets hot and scores at will then goes cold for many games then gets injured then hot again... that's franzen for ya.

Is this your announcement that you're now his personal trainer?

Guest mindfly

Is this your announcement that you're now his personal trainer?

I would love to be his trainer and teach him how to play more like a powerforward

Guest Heaten

I would love to be his trainer and teach him how to play more like a powerforward

You should also train Lidstrom how to stop taking penalties; train Datsyuk to hold the blue line, and train Howard how to stop break away goals. We need more out of you, Mindfly! If you were McCrimmon, you'd be gone!

Guest mindfly

I'm not gonna be a homer and ignore some facts:

Franzen is a euro ***** and this is known among most players in the nhl, first off he doesn't defend himself... how many times have we seen him fall to the ice covering his face and whatnot instead of taking the fight and make a point, he doesn't fight, he's like Mikael Samuelsson - cheapshot people and say things he later can't back up, smiply put, he needs to be tougher to play against, be a more honest player and fight back when needed and stop the all the nonsense in his game. He's got all the tools to be a supreme powerforward i just think the changes needs to be made in his head, he needs to approach the game differently

Edited by mindfly

***** move by Abdelkader fighting with the visor on..same goes for Ballard.

For a spur of the moment fight where 2 guys already have a hold of each other, I won't fault a guy for not ditching the bucket. Seems like Abs might be improving in his fighting a little bit, hopefully he's getting more confident and willing.

You aren't fooling anyone, here.

Franzen is a euro ***** and this is known among most players in the nhl,

Please let me know when a player states that.

first off he doesn't defend himself... how many times have we seen him fall to the ice covering his face and whatnot instead of taking the fight and make a point, he doesn't fight,

So what if he doesn't fight? Is every player that hits required to fight?

I guess Kronwall is a ***** too since he doesn't fight after his hits either.

he's like Mikael Samuelsson - cheapshot people and say things he later can't back up,

Samuelsson was an agitator who dove on a consistent basis and fought with his gloves on. Franzen can't fight at all but he at least has obliged on occassion and has defended his captain as well.

smiply put, he needs to be tougher to play against,

How do you suppose he does that? Hit more? Be more aggressive in front?

Wait a minute, he does those two things already.

be a more honest player and fight back when needed and stop the all the nonsense in his game.

What nonsense?

He's got all the tools to be a supreme powerforward i just think the changes needs to be made in his head, he needs to approach the game differently

He's been doing fine. He doesn't need to meet all of your ridiculous expectations.

Guest Crymson

I think we should trade Howard.

No, what I think you mean here is that you're going to call us all homers when we say that your completely reality-detached criticisms are total nonsense.

Franzen is a euro ***** and this is known among most players in the nhl, first off he doesn't defend himself... how many times have we seen him fall to the ice covering his face and whatnot instead of taking the fight and make a point, he doesn't fight, he's like Mikael Samuelsson - cheapshot people and say things he later can't back up,

Maybe it's that Swedish concept of neutrality that's messing with his head. ;)