• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I figured we might as well start one of these, given that Hudler is slightly controversial these days. Here's to hoping that his game will pick up.

3dda3448dceb793b3cf7cf74a8661db0-getty-102908765cp079_detroit_red_.jpg

Guest mindfly

Where is he gonna fit? the third line is rolling now, abdelkader is a beast, hudler is not a 4th line type player and they need both miller and eaves (helm is always in) on the PK for it to work and not fail like it did against vancouver...Right now i would have loved to use his 2.875M and put on a more gritty player, i liked the thread about clarkson, would be a much more bang for the buck in this case... now they are stuck with hudler and nowhere to put him... maybe cleary can be taken out but then again he's been hot as of late...

Edited by mindfly

Where is he gonna fit? the third line is rolling now, abdelkader is a beast, hudler is not a 4th line type player and they need both miller and eaves (helm is always in) on the PK for it to work and not fail like it did against vancouver...Right now i would have loved to use his 2.875M and put on a more gritty player, i liked the thread about clarkson, would be a much more bang for the buck in this case... now they are stuck with hudler and nowhere to put him... maybe cleary can be taken out but then again he's been hot as of late...

I was the one who started the thread about getting Clarkson but if they dont get a player like him, I think a mean defensive prospect could be good like Colton Teubert. With all the prospects that LA has it could be easy to get one off of them.

I think having Hudler in the press box is a waste, we could use him to get some assets that we can play in the future when there are roster spots open. Outside of Smith Detroit doesn't have a whole lot coming up on defense and they have no power forwards in the system besides Sheahan.

No point in keeping a guy whose providing nothing when we could help insure our future is bright by trading him

maybe franzen will sit for a few (if the speculation about him being injured is true)

maybe franzen will sit for a few (if the speculation about him being injured is true)

I dont see Hudler offering anything to that line though, hes small and slow and doesn't provide defense. If he's playing against other teams top lines and d pairing I think he'll look even worst out there. Theres a reason babcock has never used him in the top 6 hardly, I sometimes dont understand why people say if he gets put in the top 6 he'll do better when he really doesn't have the speed or size to play like a top 6 player

I dont see Hudler offering anything to that line though, hes small and slow and doesn't provide defense. If he's playing against other teams top lines and d pairing I think he'll look even worst out there. Theres a reason babcock has never used him in the top 6 hardly, I sometimes dont understand why people say if he gets put in the top 6 he'll do better when he really doesn't have the speed or size to play like a top 6 player

i didn't say that he would do better. i just figured he might get put in the top 6 purely out of necessity.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be watching, exactly.

Hudler getting traded, perhaps?

He's simply not the kind of player he was last go-round in Detroit. What they wanted was the 08-09 version, a guy who could be depended on to put up 40-60 points and play at least responsibly as a defensive forward. What they got is sitting at 3 points in 10 games, -6 overall. He's on pace for about 24 points, and the worst +/- showing of his career.

He's lost the edge, and can be replaced. As it sits, he has the worst +/- on the team, tied with Modano. With him in, the line he's on seems lifeless. Sit him and play Abdelkader, and that line wakes up.

I'll wager we see the last of Hudler come the trade deadline.

i didn't say that he would do better. i just figured he might get put in the top 6 purely out of necessity.

Maybe, but it seems more likely to me that Eaves or maybe even Miller would be rotated into the 2nd line if Mule's out for a game or two and Hudler would be left on the 4th line. It would be interesting to see what Eaves can do with more minutes and Filppula and Bert as linemates. Babs does have options besides promoting Hudler, thank goodness! (At least unless and until Hudler pulls his head out of his bum.)

Hudler getting traded, perhaps?

He's simply not the kind of player he was last go-round in Detroit. What they wanted was the 08-09 version, a guy who could be depended on to put up 40-60 points and play at least responsibly as a defensive forward. What they got is sitting at 3 points in 10 games, -6 overall. He's on pace for about 24 points, and the worst +/- showing of his career.

He's lost the edge, and can be replaced. As it sits, he has the worst +/- on the team, tied with Modano. With him in, the line he's on seems lifeless. Sit him and play Abdelkader, and that line wakes up.

I'll wager we see the last of Hudler come the trade deadline.

The way he's been playing, it makes no sense to put Hudler in the lineup and sit Eaves. No need for a fat contract in the press box, send him away at the deadline for some grit in preparation for the playoff run.

Hudler has no use to this team right now. He isn't good defensively and he isn't scoring. It's the same situation we had with Ville Leino last season.

Also, I think he should sit most nights because Eaves and Miller both play very important roles on this team and they are doing their jobs right. Take one of them out and our PK is going to suffer.

Edited by skyphoenix

Guest Crymson

The guy deserves some more time, but yeesh... he has been beyond awful. He can't handle the puck, he can't make a good pass, he never shoots, he gets knocked around, he turns the puck over... what happened to him?

Another quiet night for Hudler, all at Drew Miller's expense :thumbdown:

Agreed. It's hard to be patient with Hudler and hope he comes around when it requires sitting players who actually contribute something to the team.

Hudler's best games so far this season have been the ones where he's invisible. Because when you do notice him, it hasn't been for the right reasons.

I saw him with Flipper at some point so maybe Babcock was trying to get him some time with "better players". Still nothing though.

esteef

He's had his chance, though. He's been tried with everyone on the top 2 lines at some point, and simply doesn't fit.