• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Eva is awfully quiet.

Can't post from my work computer. I know you're independently wealthy and don't have to worry about such things, but us mortals do.

Anyway, something that might help Hudler is being put with a linemate or linemates he has worked well with before. Babcock may have been thinking along these same lines as Hudler played half of his ES time last game with Filppula. Maybe it continues and we see something, maybe not.

Can't post from my work computer. I know you're independently wealthy and don't have to worry about such things, but us mortals do.

Anyway, something that might help Hudler is being put with a linemate or linemates he has worked well with before. Babcock may have been thinking along these same lines as Hudler played half of his ES time last game with Filppula. Maybe it continues and we see something, maybe not.

I expect to see line experiments continue until another line of players start to produce with any sort of combination. The only current static pieces to a line right now are:

Z-Dats-

Cleary-Mo-Abby

IMO

Again everyone else should be expected to be moved around until another line clicks.

Guest Crymson

I expect to see line experiments continue until another line of players start to produce with any sort of combination. The only current static pieces to a line right now are:

Z-Dats-

Cleary-Mo-Abby

IMO

Again everyone else should be expected to be moved around until another line clicks.

Helm - Eaves and/or Miller is all but set.

Edited by Crymson

His fat contract and butt need to be gone!! :ranting:

He better get a DECENT shot with Filppula on that second line.

Better not revert back to having him on the 4th next game. He has chemistry with Flip, give them a couple of games and they'll both be putting up the points.

He better get a DECENT shot with Filppula on that second line.

Better not revert back to having him on the 4th next game. He has chemistry with Flip, give them a couple of games and they'll both be putting up the points.

How do you change the other lines to accommodate this? The only possible chance I see is moving Homer or Bert to the fourth line.

How do you change the other lines to accommodate this? The only possible chance I see is moving Homer or Bert to the fourth line.

Just roll the same lines as we did in the 3rd:

Hank - Dats - Cleary

Bert - Flip - Huds

Abby - Modano - Mule

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Holmstrom sits for a game because he was absolutely beyond awful last night.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Hank - Dats - Cleary

Bert - Flip - Huds

Abby - Modano - Mule

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Homer can't sit forever though. When he gets back in the lineup what are the lines then? Having Huds and Flip together isn't a bad idea but I don't see how the rest of the lines work if you keep the third together.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Helm, Eaves and Miller need to stay together. Hudler does not fit in anymore. Maybe Kenny can trade him for a draft pick and then the extra cap space can be used at the trade deadline. Hudler's trade value has to be very low right about now. Even though Holmstrom has been awful lately, he still has value on the PP with his ability to drive opposing goalie's nuts. He will not be awful for too long. With Rafalski back, our PP is going to improve and in turn so will Holmstrom's game. I just don't see how Hudler fits on this team anymore.

Hank - Dats - Cleary

Bert - Flip - Huds

Abby - Modano - Mule

Eaves - Helm - Miller

With the way Franzen is with his hip flexor or whatever which is obviously slowing him down a little, I'd be okay with him being on the third line for now.

Bert-Flip-Huds is PASS PASS PASS... won't work

Possibly the worst line ever. The line combos right now don't work with Huds in the mix period. The fact of the matter is Hudler is looking more expendable each and every game he doesn't do anything. Come on Kenny and trade him please!!

Guest Heaten

I wish Red Wings would get a 6-0 lead in multiple games, then give Hudler a s*** load of ice time; double shift him with Zetterberg-Datsyuk and Franzen-Filppula to hopefully bloat his stats to increase his trade value, then trade him immediately.

Hudler getting traded, perhaps?

He's simply not the kind of player he was last go-round in Detroit. What they wanted was the 08-09 version, a guy who could be depended on to put up 40-60 points and play at least responsibly as a defensive forward. What they got is sitting at 3 points in 10 games, -6 overall. He's on pace for about 24 points, and the worst +/- showing of his career.

He's lost the edge, and can be replaced. As it sits, he has the worst +/- on the team, tied with Modano. With him in, the line he's on seems lifeless. Sit him and play Abdelkader, and that line wakes up.

I'll wager we see the last of Hudler come the trade deadline.

You are forgetting something. We have 1 extra forward (excluding Draper). If anybody is injured we have 0 extra. Hudler has only played what 10 games and you want to dump him. What happens then when somebody goes down to injury?

Who fills tha spot.

You are forgetting something. We have 1 extra forward (excluding Draper). If anybody is injured we have 0 extra. Hudler has only played what 10 games and you want to dump him. What happens then when somebody goes down to injury?

Who fills tha spot.

Draper won't be out all season and there are some good players in GR who deserve a few games up. If there are multiple Injuries, Hudler will be needed. However, what is the value of him sitting in the press box until that happens?

Franzen really dominates the second line when it's him with Fil and Bert. If I'm an opponent, I send guys out to hack, whack and push him around, especially since he's slightly injured. When Franzen is having a decent day that line is a threat but without him that line is very average. And we all know that Franzen is made of glass. We may see more games like yesterday in which Hudler is in the top six for whatever reason. I guess these days that's how we're supposed to judge his play.

Although I have to say that's very disappointing. I thought Hudler was supposed to be a player that can impact any line regardless of his linemates.

Who fills tha spot.

Yeah but youre used to having no cap space for injury call ups the last few years. We trade Hudler for a decent prospect or picks and we have 2.8 millin in cap space coming our way. Thats enough for us to call up waiver exempt guys like Mursak or Emmerton who are both looking NHL ready or Iflip could come up

Yeah but youre used to having no cap space for injury call ups the last few years. We trade Hudler for a decent prospect or picks and we have 2.8 millin in cap space coming our way. Thats enough for us to call up waiver exempt guys like Mursak or Emmerton who are both looking NHL ready or Iflip could come up

This is brilliant cause it's so true. Well said...