• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Poor Hudler. Both Abby and Eaves have more points than he does with less games and NO power play time.

EDIT: And less minutes.

I get the feeling that he thinks he shouldn't need to work hard.

That's very arrogant. I think he sucked, and it's very smug of you to tell me that I can't see it objectively and you can.

Every one of the few chances that Hudler contributed to were largely made possible by the hard work of Cleary and Abdelkader. Hudler cruised around, gave up the puck, turned back on a breakaway, and occasionally found someone to pass to. He was hideous.

Arrogant? Get your hand off it. I call it as I see it, and to me people are going to bag everything Hudler does and fail to see the good stuff he does. Tonight he outperformed every second liner and although he had no points, I'm confident there's a scoring streak just around the corner.

Not true, our top four, so far, is shaping up like:

Kindl/Lashoff

Fournier/Smith

Hmm....

My assumption is that there is a little sarcasm in those pairs, but I could be wrong. When referencing a bare d corps, my over riding point was that Kronwall, Stuart and Rafalski are all UFA after 2012. Plus the loss of Nick whenever that may be. I do believe Kronwall will be back at a minumum from that group, possibly Stuart as well. But there are some excellent prospects in the waiting as well.

I thought the team played great sans Hudler last night.

Guest Crymson

Tonight he outperformed every second liner and although he had no points, I'm confident there's a scoring streak just around the corner.

You're just so set in your ways that you can't see it objectively. He was careless, unproductive and lazy that night, regardless of how anyone else did.

I for sure was not missing him in yesterday's game...

Nor I. Draper isn't a producer, but he can be relied upon to be responsible and to not mess up (the fact that he also works hard on every shift goes without saying). The same absolutely cannot be said about Hudler. Given that Hudler isn't producing at all, Draper is far his superior at the moment. I respect Babcock's attempts to get Hudler going, but those can't last forever; when Hudler isn't producing, he's nothing but a liability on the ice.

At this stage, I'm convinced that Hudler's struggles stem from lack of work ethic.

Hudler's situation is beyond explanation. I don't know how this could be happening with him. He was doing so well, and his last season with us really looked like he was going to take off. Now, instead of a scoring threat he shouldn't even be in the NHL...

"The concern for me when players go to the KHL is, it's different ice, different work habits, games are not as intense," general manager Ken Holland said. "You have to work harder here. Mike Babcock and I felt there'd be a bit of adjustment for him to come back. Huds didn't have a very good start, and then things just kind of snowballed.

... We're still confident he can make things happen."

Hudler wasn't available for comment, as the Wings took Sunday off. He's expected to play tonight against the Kings. Babcock said after the Devils game that it's up to Hudler to become a regular again.

"Basically, the way I look at it is, there's three 27-game segments and you have a throwaway game," Babcock said. " ... So, his first segment didn't go the way he wanted. Let's have a great second segment. We need scoring. Every team needs scoring to win in the end. Hudler is a great player, knows how to play the game. It hasn't gone good for him. He's confident in himself, I'm confident in him. Throw it out. Come back hard. Just make sure you're doing everything off ice and everything on ice to do the work to make sure you're the kind of player we all know you are."

Read more: Red Wings seeking more from struggling Jiri Hudler | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101213/SPORTS05/12130335/Red-Wings-seeking-more-from-struggling-Jiri-Hudler#ixzz17z8LmUrV

Guest Hatethedrake!

The best contribution Hudler can make for the Wings is to not play and be a healthy scratch. Hell Draper is done and I'd sooner have him in the line-up.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest Crymson

Hudler so far: three great chances to drive the drive the net and shoot. Zero shots, zero times driving the net, three weak passes.

He's playing with energy tonight, and he's clearly trying very hard. That's been half the criticm so far this season. Unfortunately, he's short on confidence, because he would've normally burried a few of those prime chances.

Guest Crymson

He's playing with energy tonight, and he's clearly trying very hard. That's been half the criticm so far this season. Unfortunately, he's short on confidence, because he would've normally burried a few of those prime chances.

He still flatly refuses to drive into contested areas. These include the net.

He's not trying hard enough.