• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

I've been wondering if having Hudler on the team is affecting other players. I mean think about it. Here is Hudler who is making 3 million a year. He plays lousy and yet he still gets playing time and power play time. I think it's sending the wrong message to all the other Wings players. I know the Wings have one of the most (if not the most) solid locker rooms in the NHL. But it's human nature. If you see someone at your workplace screwing the dog and not contributing, it does have an effect on the other workers. It creates a bad and toxic atmosphere. I think the longer this goes the more it will affect the Wings as a team. The Wings did great in October and November but are off to an average start to December. Is Hudler's presence one of the reasons? I'm not saying if it is or isn't but I belive it's something to think about. FWIW, I don't see Hudler turning it around. I really don't. A quarter of the season has been played and he is not getting any better. The ones who believe he is showing improvement are likely seeing what they want to see. Holland is showing alot of patience with this guy. Holland is the best GM in the game but is he afraid to admit he made a mistake bringing him back? Trading him would in essence be admitting that but you have to cut bait at some point. The bigger mistake would be to keep playing him and getting nothing. Hudler needs to go. Whether it's for a draft pick, a minor league player or even waivers. He needs to go.

Totally agree with the sentiment, but I would give him till the end of Jan or so to see if it's just a matter of conditioning. He's obviously done very little while he was away, I'd give him a little more time to catch up.

Totally agree with the sentiment, but I would give him till the end of Jan or so to see if it's just a matter of conditioning. He's obviously done very little while he was away, I'd give him a little more time to catch up.

I disagree that Hudler is bringing down the locker room because of his contract. Everybody in that locker room wants him to go on a huge goal scoring binge as much as he does. I think he's working but is off right now. Give him time.

I disagree that Hudler is bringing down the locker room because of his contract. Everybody in that locker room wants him to go on a huge goal scoring binge as much as he does. I think he's working but is off right now. Give him time.

Actually, I was responding more to the idea of trading him. I don't think he is bringing down the locker room either.

Luckily Cleary has picked up the production we expected out of Huds. But he's been slowing and there's no way he keeps up his pace. Now is the time for Huds to relax and start shooting. He had chances early in the season and was just unlucky, much like Bert early last year but he needs to get confidence back in his shot.

We need Hudler and Franzen to be consistent threats.

? Need? I am not sure about that. We are the "Best in the West" right now and Hudler has not done a damn thing to help that cause.

like someone said he's managed to be a -8 on a 1st place team....

Franzen on the other hand... It would be nice for him to heat up and stay hot for a run like Clears did.

? Need? I am not sure about that. We are the "Best in the West" right now and Hudler has not done a damn thing to help that cause.

like someone said he's managed to be a -8 on a 1st place team....

Franzen on the other hand... It would be nice for him to heat up and stay hot for a run like Clears did.

I think we need him to be, but I guess we can replace "need" with "would appreciate"?

Guest scottj

Either way he was faaar from invisible tonight

If he keeps it up he'll probably get goin

Guest Crymson

Luckily Cleary has picked up the production we expected out of Huds. But he's been slowing and there's no way he keeps up his pace. Now is the time for Huds to relax and start shooting. He had chances early in the season and was just unlucky, much like Bert early last year but he needs to get confidence back in his shot.

Cleary would score FAR more goals were he on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Babcock rotates Cleary so that each line will have a scoring threat.

I was at the game and along with his penalty I saw Huds get knocked on his ass a few times and make several bad passes. Im not sure what they showed on tv but he looked horrible to me.

Jiri's weak spot is skating and always has been. During his first shift in Detroit he worked really hard to improve his skating and defensive abilities such that Babcock would give him some ice and it was nice to see him improve over the course of a few years. The old Jiri had some grit and went to the net despite his size. I became a Hudler fan because of his work ethic, pluckiness and puck abilities - all with limited ice time.

Now, today it seems that his skating has taken a step back, he's a perimeter player and his confidence is pretty much shot. It's pretty tough to make a career in the NHL with good hands, vision, shot, but no size and skating ability. Maybe he will turn it around, but I think he's cooked ala Jason Williams.

Edited by clutchngrab