• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Last night he didn't have a shot for three periods - I can't remember him taking one in the third so I think it was no shots all game. No wonder he's not putting up points. However, I was strangely surprised by his speed and physical play?! He threw one pretty good hit and then forechecked the hell out of the Vancouver defence when they had the puck.

Mixed emotions

It's a bit ridiculous now. He was pretty much invisible tonight, he doesn't seem to want to shoot and when he actually finds himself in a good position to score, he always fumbles the puck.

it's gotten in his head i'm afraid. and he's the antithesis of the type of player that babcock likes/wants.

i don't think he'll be around too long.

it's gotten in his head i'm afraid. and he's the antithesis of the type of player that babcock likes/wants.

i don't think he'll be around too long.

i disagree. Hudler is in a really bad slump right now. With him, as with any player in the NHL, when you're slumping all of your weaknesses look way worse than what they normally would appear to be. So all of a sudden Huddles is getting this reputation as being Robert Lang 2.0 in all of the way senses. He'll break out of this crappy stint, but as others have mentioned, he's gotta start firing the puck. Tonight will be interesting since he's on the 3rd line with abdelkader and miller... kinda weird combo.

Guest Crymson

i disagree. Hudler is in a really bad slump right now. With him, as with any player in the NHL, when you're slumping all of your weaknesses look way worse than what they normally would appear to be. So all of a sudden Huddles is getting this reputation as being Robert Lang 2.0 in all of the way senses. He'll break out of this crappy stint, but as others have mentioned, he's gotta start firing the puck. Tonight will be interesting since he's on the 3rd line with abdelkader and miller... kinda weird combo.

It can't be a slump if he wasn't good this year to begin with. He has been terrible across the board. Comparing him to Lang is unfair to Lang; the latter, despite his horrid lack of effort, still went to the tough places, still played with confidence, and--most importantly--still produced. Hudler is doing nothing. He's nearly last on the team in points, and there are often shifts in the offensive zone in which he literally does nothing of substance correctly.

Guest Crymson

less weak slapshots more going to the net

Drive the net? No, not if you're Hudler. Even Lang would do it, but not Hudler.

He also seems to be adverse to properly handling passes.

Guest Crymson

Every time I read the thread title "Jiri Hudler watch" it doesn't make me think of tracking his performance, but more like birdwatching. Having to sit still for hours on end, intensely focused, hoping you catch a brief glimpse of him doing something good.

Indeed. He has been the worst player on the team, without a doubt.

Guest Crymson

Tonight was another great showing by Hudler. Zero shots and zero contribution elsewhere.

Replace the hit in this video with Hudler's goal against Colorado, and you've got a solid highlight reel for him:

Edited by Crymson

That's quite the insult to Lang and all the overpaid, lazy and unproductive slackers out there. Hudler's a bum. No excuses.

Tonight was another great showing by Hudler. Zero shots and zero contribution elsewhere.

Replace the hit in this video with Hudler's goal against Colorado, and you've got a solid highlight reel for him:

Aww, at least give him one day without breaking his balls.

Also, how do you get zero shots if you get a goal? Not sure how that works.

Guest Crymson

Aww, at least give him one day without breaking his balls.

Also, how do you get zero shots if you get a goal? Not sure how that works.

Check the post time. You're about 24 hours late, me bucko.

He played awesome tonight, great to see him produce. :thumbup:

I think "awesome" may be a bit of a stretch. He was still fairly timid, IMO. Getting a goal was nice, but he's still got quite a bit of improvement to make.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that he finally had a tiny bit of success. Hopefully it'll get him going.

Edited by Crymson