• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

There is Hudler supporters, haters, objective people and you forgot one group, its called EVA unit zero.

But seriously to me, Hudler is turning it on lately but that still isn't enough to make me like him as a player. He is still small and weak defensively. If he was an amazing offensive talent I could see past it, but I dont see him really being a 60 point scorer, especially consistently. That to me does not outweigh his deficiencies.

You dont have to like him. People can love him, hate him, or be indifferent - so long as we're objective when talking about his performance. It's like people on here having such blind hate for Crosby that they say he sucks. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy cause he's a whiney ****** but there's no denying how good he is. Now, I'm not comparing Hudler to Crosby but what I'm saying is you can hate someone but still admit that his (Hudler) play has greatly improved over the last 12 odd games or so.

For the record, I think you did so in your last post

Psssttt....

I can guarantee in the mastadon-sized posts you have made over the years on here you have brought +/- into the discussion so please, enough with attacking one part of the post and realize your blind Hudler-homerism has gotten in the way of you making much sense on these boards anymore.

How many years ago would the most recent one be then? Because I certainly haven't supported plus-minus as a statistic in years. Stats where your own number requires others to perform well must be taken in the proper context. With plus-minus, you can end up racking up a high plus rating or a huge minus simply by playing with a hot player. We'll call this the Kunitz effect.

Guest Crymson

Eva: You were almost completely absent from this thread while Hudler was playing atrociously. Now that he's had a stretch of maybe ten good games, you're returning and acting as if he's now a stellar part of the team or as if he's doing well now because the coaching staff was holding him back for the first half of the season somehow.

I'm glad Hudler is playing better. I hope he continues to play well, as it helps the team. However, there are two simple facts at play here: one, he has, at the moment, still not earned his keep; and two, he was terrible for the first half of the season because he was playing terrible, rather than because of some imaginary mismanagement of him by Babcock. We all hope that Hudler will keep on producing, just as you do. However, it only makes you look silly when you come around and put on the "Look! I was right all along!" act. Your obsession with being proven "correct" doesn't do anything but make you look childish. Try just discussing, rather than trying to be "right."

Edited by Crymson

Eva: You were almost completely absent from this thread while Hudler was playing atrociously. Now that he's had a stretch of maybe ten good games, you're returning and acting as if he's now a stellar part of the team or as if he's doing well now because the coaching staff was holding him back for the first half of the season somehow.

I'm glad Hudler is playing better. I hope he continues to play well, as it helps the team. However, there are two simple facts at play here: one, he has, at the moment, still not earned his keep; and two, he was terrible for the first half of the season because he was playing terrible, rather than because of some imaginary mismanagement of him by Babcock. We all hope that Hudler will keep on producing, just as you do. However, it only makes you look silly when you come around and put on the "Look! I was right all along!" act. Your obsession with being proven "correct" doesn't do anything but make you look childish. Try just discussing, rather than trying to be "right."

I was in this thread plenty during the early part of the season. In fact, I believe I already addressed the reason I wasn't coming into this thread more; it was so that I didn't end up getting piled on for being a Hudler fan. The big difference between you and I? You are constantly slamming Hudler and other players you don't like regardless of their performance, while I will actually pay attention to whether a player improves his game in certain areas.

I was in this thread plenty during the early part of the season. In fact, I believe I already addressed the reason I wasn't coming into this thread more; it was so that I didn't end up getting piled on for being a Hudler fan. The big difference between you and I? You are constantly slamming Hudler and other players you don't like regardless of their performance, while I will actually pay attention to whether a player improves his game in certain areas.

Hudler has improved lately, but I don't remember seeing you in here often at all during his slow start..

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Because you were too busy spending some alone time with your Basil McRae highlight videos.

What's wrong Eva? Getting frustrated? Well I looked for Hudler highlight videos for ya, but all I could find was the Mike Brown hit from 2009 and the Dion Phaneuf hit from 07-08. Looks like you'll have to stick to Osgood highlights for now.

What's wrong Eva? Getting frustrated? Well I looked for Hudler highlight videos for ya, but all I could find was the Mike Brown hit from 2009 and the Dion Phaneuf hit from 07-08. Looks like you'll have to stick to Osgood highlights for now.

So pretty much any video from the 1998, 2008, or 2009 playoff runs?

Coming from you, I don't think anyone is going to take that seriously.

That's great and everything but the fact remains you are reducing yourself to petty personal attacks to other members simply because they did it first to you.

And I honestly couldn't care less if you think I'm a role model or not.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Crymson

I was in this thread plenty during the early part of the season. In fact, I believe I already addressed the reason I wasn't coming into

this thread more; it was so that I didn't end up getting piled on for being a Hudler fan.

Sigh, Eva... sigh. If you expect people to believe that excuse, you're really not crediting the people here with any intelligence at all.

The big difference between you and I? You are constantly slamming Hudler and other players you don't like regardless of their performance, while I will actually pay attention to whether a player improves his game in certain areas.

Just how untrue this is can be demonstrated by reading the post you were responding to. Also, I imagine that even those who dislike me most here will disagree with you, being that they call me a giant homer for defending the players "too much."

nice breakaway today, hudler! LOL.

2.8mil down the DRAIN.

The guy rings it off the crossbar to tie the game and thats consider bad.. Yea it didn't go in but could have done a hell of a lot worse... The hate on some players amazes me... Yes we all know he has struggled the first half... but he is turning it on with players out... which is a huge help whether u want to deny it or not...