• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

St. Louis is a great skater and he has a great ability to position himself for scoring chances. But he is so soft and easy to knock of the puck it is scary. As a Wings fan am I so pleased that the Lighting are wasting so much money on this guy. PS, I reside in the Tampa area and have the chance to watch Soft Louis every time the Lightning play.

WHAT IN THE HE-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS are yout talking about you dedadeeee?! I don't know about you, but we must not be watching the same St. Louis play!

Do you realize that this #26 is #2 behind Stamkos? While it's a bit behind, it's 60pts...20 goals and 40 assists! 40 damn assists, and you want to say he isn't fast???? That he is soft and easy to knock off the puck, if he was getting knocked of the puck so easily, he wouldn't have 40 assists. You sir, are more moronic than I am a Hudler Fanatic.

Now that said, I can not WAIT to see Hudler on Feb 17th. I hope he keeps it up!

Guest stinky fish taco

St. Louis is a great skater and he has a great ability to position himself for scoring chances. But he is so soft and easy to knock of the puck it is scary. As a Wings fan am I so pleased that the Lighting are wasting so much money on this guy. PS, I reside in the Tampa area and have the chance to watch Soft Louis every time the Lightning play.

so basically,

st. louis:

easy to knock off the puck bu2JY.gif

great skater bu2JY.gif

great scorer bu2JY.gif

hudler:

easy to knock off the puck bu2JY.gif

that about wraps up that comparison.

He's really played well with Filppula.

I wish there was a way to keep the two together when everybody comes back.

Everybody likes to propose a line of Franzen-Filppula-Hudler but it seems as if Babs doesn't like that idea and I don't blame him. Nobody willing to play at the net.

In 5 on 5 situations, Franzen shouldn't be stuck in front of the net. They need him to be a threat in the slot.

Is it possible for:

Mule-Hank-Clears again??? Is this going to be possible or is Danny pretty much set at the 3rd line and just going to be sprinkled into the 1st and 2nd throughout the game like usual?

(I really need a hobby haha)

Well, Franzen/Zetterberg/Cleary has worked well when assembled. The problem is that you then have Datsyuk and Filppula remaining. Do you have Flip center the third line, or does he play on Dats' wing on line 2? Or does he center line 3?

Of the 7 players who have taken at least one per game, Flip is the 4th best. Datsyuk is the best of that group. Z is second, Helm is third, and Franzen is 5th. Modano is 6th and Abdelkader 7th, the only two below 50%. So Flip is one of the team's best faceoff men.

Filppula is also one of the team's best forwards. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are considered the top two, in whichever order you choose. Franzen is generally considered the #3. After that, you run into a group including Cleary, Bertuzzi, Modano, Hudler, Holmstrom, Helm, and Eaves. Filppula is generally placed as the #4 between Franzen and that group.

So while it seems ideal to have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Filppula all centering lines as they are strong two-way players who are good at the dot; it doesn't seem to make sense for the team on one level. If those are your top-three centers, then only one of your top four forwards is playing the wing. Having one of your top four forwards playing center is common; it typically results in or from a loaded first line, alternatively with the top center and one star winger, and then a second line with two wingers who have solid chemistry with the #2 center (If the top two lines were D/Z/Cleary and then Franzen/Flip/Helm, with Helm in the middle)

Some center setups, based on the 6 guys who have played a decent amount of center this season, are as follows:

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Filppula/Helm

Zetterberg (Datsyuk)/Filppula/Helm/Abdelkader

Zetterberg (Datsyuk)/Franzen/Filppula/Helm

I'm personally a fan of these lines:

1) Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom (naturally)

2a) Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi (big sniper, skilled playmaker with nice shot and great vision, and net presence with good skating and two-way skills)

2b) Cleary/Filppula/Eaves (quick wingers with good shots and defensive skills, good skating two-way playmaking center)

4) Abdelkader/Helm/Miller - Draper/Helm/Miller - Abdelkader/Helm/Draper (wicked fast, physical center with solid grinding wingers; all four guys are solid defensively and on PK)

Come on Babs, try 'em!

Guest stinky fish taco

wait, so is franzen or hudler the center in your second line?

neither is happening here in a place we like to call "reality", but i was just wondering.

Hudler over the past 14 games:

3g-9a-12pt, +3 (for those who care), 4 PIM, 2 PPG, 18 shots, 16.7s%, 15:37 ATOI

Although his goals-per-game are a lower percentage of his total points that expected, his points-per-game over that period fit right in with where he was expected to be given the 2nd/3rd tweener ice time he was going to be getting, and has gotten over the past 14 games.

Only Filppula and Zetterberg, tied at 13 points, have outscored Hudler in that period on the Wings.

Good stats, I noticed he was clearly doing better, but I didn't realize he was actually doing pretty damn well lately.

About time that slacker decided to show up to work.

Hope he keeps it up. Bab's clearly has faith in him, and he sees things that we cannot.

I think people should notice that Hudler and Filppula are 2nd and 3rd to Z since the injuries really started taking toll. Considering they are the two most s*** talked wings on these forums of late.

-------

Does anyone ever feel like we have "too much" talent on our team? Like it's hard for guys to get on hot streaks, because even our third and fourth liners make a solid case for more ice time. It's easy to stand out above the rest and go on a hot streak when you're better than everyone else......for the Detroit team it seems like there is so much talent spread through the roster that it's difficult for anyone to shine above the rest.. By too much talent, I don't mean I don't want to have it...I just mean it's more difficult for a guy like Hudler to increase his ice time and produce more, when legitamately 10 other dudes have as much right to the ice time as he does.

Either way, good to see Hudler producing. Slow start......now maybe he can kick it up a notch. He is clearly playing with a lot more confidence, and I've noticed his presence in the last several games. The first half the season there were nights were I was like, "Did Hudler play tonight?" But I think in the last dozen or so games, he's brought a little something.

Maybe he just got sick of his name being on the "Most hated" list of LGW.

Good stats, I noticed he was clearly doing better, but I didn't realize he was actually doing pretty damn well lately.

About time that slacker decided to show up to work.

Hope he keeps it up. Bab's clearly has faith in him, and he sees things that we cannot.

I think people should notice that Hudler and Filppula are 2nd and 3rd to Z since the injuries really started taking toll. Considering they are the two most s*** talked wings on these forums of late.

-------

Does anyone ever feel like we have "too much" talent on our team? Like it's hard for guys to get on hot streaks, because even our third and fourth liners make a solid case for more ice time. It's easy to stand out above the rest and go on a hot streak when you're better than everyone else......for the Detroit team it seems like there is so much talent spread through the roster that it's difficult for anyone to shine above the rest.. By too much talent, I don't mean I don't want to have it...I just mean it's more difficult for a guy like Hudler to increase his ice time and produce more, when legitamately 10 other dudes have as much right to the ice time as he does.

Either way, good to see Hudler producing. Slow start......now maybe he can kick it up a notch. He is clearly playing with a lot more confidence, and I've noticed his presence in the last several games. The first half the season there were nights were I was like, "Did Hudler play tonight?" But I think in the last dozen or so games, he's brought a little something.

Maybe he just got sick of his name being on the "Most hated" list of LGW.

Thing is, with Datsyuk back there will be less focus on Jiri. Jiri's past history has shown that when he is confident, he produces no matter what role he's used in. So if he's still playing in a top-six role, with 15 minutes per game, his production could get downright wicked because the opponent will be focusing less defense on him.

I'm personally a fan of these lines:

1) Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom (naturally)

2a) Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi (big sniper, skilled playmaker with nice shot and great vision, and net presence with good skating and two-way skills)

2b) Cleary/Filppula/Eaves (quick wingers with good shots and defensive skills, good skating two-way playmaking center)

4) Abdelkader/Helm/Miller - Draper/Helm/Miller - Abdelkader/Helm/Draper (wicked fast, physical center with solid grinding wingers; all four guys are solid defensively and on PK)

Come on Babs, try 'em!

I am thinking maybe flip Flip(intentional) with Huds and we have a stellar setup there. Abby-Helm-Miller is high energy and I love it. I do think with the emergence of "Danger" that we may need to get him up on the 3rd for more TOI. He is finally coming into his own as a pro and it has been awesome to see. I do think the sky is the limit for Helm with the confidence and scoring touch coming together. Eaves is a star on the rise too and just continues to show the Wings' amazing eye for talent and to get them at cheap. Clears usually ends up playing with the 1 and 2 lines intermittently throughout the game anyway so its not a big problem what lines are first shown. I do like what you have going here though, eva and wouldn't mind seeing it in action. Euro Twins reuniting on Groundhog Day should be an amazingly welcomed sight! thumbup.gif

Edited by HankthaTank

I am thinking maybe flip Flip(intentional) with Huds and we have a stellar setup there. Abby-Helm-Miller is high energy and I love it. I do think with the emergence of "Danger" that we may need to get him up on the 3rd for more TOI. He is finally coming into his own as a pro and it has been awesome to see. I do think the sky is the limit for Helm with the confidence and scoring touch coming together. Eaves is a star on the rise too and just continues to show the Wings' amazing eye for talent and to get them at cheap. Clears usually ends up playing with the 1 and 2 lines intermittently throughout the game anyway so its not a big problem what lines are first shown. I do like what you have going here though, eva and wouldn't mind seeing it in action. Euro Twins reuniting on Groundhog Day should be an amazingly welcomed sight! thumbup.gif

The idea behind Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi is that Filppula is bigger and stronger than Hudler, so you put Flip on the line based more around speed and put Jiri between two big wingers (Messier/Gretzky/Anderson anyone?) so that we can take the most advantage of both players.

Hudler since Dec 27th:

19 GP, 4g-10a-14pt, +1, 6 PIM, 2 PPG, 26 shots, 15.4 shot%, 15:54 ATOI

Not bad. About time too. I guess what happens when we get everybody back will be the real test. Otherwise, if we expect this from Hudler, we may start thinking Helm is gonna keep up his current pace to.....

Guest Crymson

Though I'd still like him to regain some more confidence, Hudler looked great tonight.