• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Let's be honest though. I mean Holmstrom's #'s increased being on a dominant line with Pav and Zetterberg. If Huds couldn't get things going with Pav then we would have no choice but to part with him. Glad to see that line clicking on all cylinders thumbup.gif

Hudler has been rolling like this since December.

All this talk of playing with Datsyuk and the chemistry: if Hudler was playing like he was in October & November, ie with no effort, intensity or confidence, it wouldn't make any difference.

Hudler + effort + intensity + confidence + Datsyuk = Win.

Just took a look at his game by game stats and thought people might be interested in seeing how he's done since Christmas:

Period: Dec 27th -- Feb 22nd (Including yesterday's game)

25gp 5g 18a 23pts +8

It'd be nice to see more goals from Hudler but you can't really complain about 0.92 points per game.

Hopefully he keeps this pace up. If he stays at this pace he'll end up with 49pts on the season.

Just took a look at his game by game stats and thought people might be interested in seeing how he's done since Christmas:

Period: Dec 27th -- Feb 22nd (Including yesterday's game)

25gp 5g 18a 23pts +8

It'd be nice to see more goals from Hudler but you can't really complain about 0.92 points per game.

Hopefully he keeps this pace up. If he stays at this pace he'll end up with 49pts on the season.

It'd be asking a lot of anyone to keep up a pace like that until the end of the season. But with 22 regular season games left if he could get even say 14-16 pts that would end his season with 43-45 pts. All things considered that would really something he, and we, should be pumped about. It wouldn't be a massive drop off from his last NHL season and considering the start he had it'd be a massive turnaround to close out the year.

It'd be asking a lot of anyone to keep up a pace like that until the end of the season. But with 22 regular season games left if he could get even say 14-16 pts that would end his season with 43-45 pts. All things considered that would really something he, and we, should be pumped about. It wouldn't be a massive drop off from his last NHL season and considering the start he had it'd be a massive turnaround to close out the year.

Plus, since we're talking about players on the Red Wings here-- his final value will end up being evaluated based on his playoff performance.

The difference playing/not playing with Pavel Datsyuk makes...

Despite getting an assist on the play, Datsyuk had no effect on the Holmstrom goal in tonight's game. If you like plus-minus, Datsyuk and Hudler were both on the ice together for one goal against where Stuart decided to blow his coverage, and Hudler was on the ice for the empty netter which pushed him to -2 as compared to Dats' -1.

Despite getting an assist on the play, Datsyuk had no effect on the Holmstrom goal in tonight's game.

I think Homer has a hard time scoring that goal if it's not for Pavel stripping the puck from Benn, skating it all the way through neutral ice (avoiding Benn again) and then sliding it in between defenders to him in full stride.

I think Homer has a hard time scoring that goal if it's not for Pavel stripping the puck from Benn, skating it all the way through neutral ice (avoiding Benn again) and then sliding it in between defenders to him in full stride.

Datsyuk has been the beneficiary of a few Hudler plays. Should I analyze them for you? Laying out like "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane. And anyone who follows that train of thought has little hockey knowledge, because you have to have skill to make plays or score goals, regardless of who you are playing with. Jonathan Cheechoo wasn't some diner cook who the Sharks decided to put on Thornton's wing; he was already a 30-goal scorer.

Playing one skilled player with another skilled player yields better results (typically; chemistry and play style issues can f*** this up) so putting two puck possession experts like Hudler and Datsyuk with a skilled grinder like Cleary has worked out great.

Datsyuk has been the beneficiary of a few Hudler plays. Should I analyze them for you? Laying out like "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane.

You're barking up the wrong tree, fella. I think Hudler is plenty talented and capable of producing without Datsyuk. And in fact already has this season and in prior seasons.

What I wrote was that Pavs had a pretty significant hand in creating Homer's goal, whereas you seemed to think he didn't.

You're barking up the wrong tree, fella. I think Hudler is plenty talented and capable of producing without Datsyuk. And in fact already has this season and in prior seasons.

What I wrote was that Pavs had a pretty significant hand in creating Homer's goal, whereas you seemed to think he didn't.

Well for what it's worth you're right HoH. :thumbup:

Despite getting an assist on the play, Datsyuk had no effect on the Holmstrom goal in tonight's game. If you like plus-minus, Datsyuk and Hudler were both on the ice together for one goal against where Stuart decided to blow his coverage, and Hudler was on the ice for the empty netter which pushed him to -2 as compared to Dats' -1.

So the pass just ended up on Holmstrom's stick out of thin air? :blink:

And aren't you one who always says that +/- is a worthless stat? But, it's fine when it supports your boy Hudler right? :blink:

Datsyuk has been the beneficiary of a few Hudler plays. Should I analyze them for you? Laying out like "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane. And anyone who follows that train of thought has little hockey knowledge, because you have to have skill to make plays or score goals, regardless of who you are playing with. Jonathan Cheechoo wasn't some diner cook who the Sharks decided to put on Thornton's wing; he was already a 30-goal scorer.

Playing one skilled player with another skilled player yields better results (typically; chemistry and play style issues can f*** this up) so putting two puck possession experts like Hudler and Datsyuk with a skilled grinder like Cleary has worked out great.

Double Standard #1 - "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane...Yet you say a few lines later that putting two puck possession experts like Hudler and Datsyuk together has worked out great.

Double Standard #2 - "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane...Then all your number stat crunches that you do and saying that somebody is on a 100-goal pace like it will likely be that way after future games is just as insane as well.

So the pass just ended up on Holmstrom's stick out of thin air? :blink:

And aren't you one who always says that +/- is a worthless stat? But, it's fine when it supports your boy Hudler right? :blink:

I was bringing up the fact that, given the fact that the pass to Homer was right at the blue line and did not cause any defensemen or the goaltender to get out of position, that Datsyuk's assist on that goal was minimal, and Hudler's minus on the empty-netter should barely count. So statistically, if you take those two things into consideration, they were the same. I didn't see the whole game, and I would say Datsyuk had the better game of what I did see, but making stupid comments like saying that Hudler can't score without Datsyuk is just stupid; especially given that he was only put with Dats because he had BEEN scoring.

Double Standard #1 - "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane...Yet you say a few lines later that putting two puck possession experts like Hudler and Datsyuk together has worked out great.

Double Standard #2 - "Anything X player does is because he's playing with Y player" is ridiculous and insane...Then all your number stat crunches that you do and saying that somebody is on a 100-goal pace like it will likely be that way after future games is just as insane as well.

Where is anything I said a double-standard? I said that crediting one player for all of the success of another player is ridiculous. I also said that two players who work well together can help the other succeed.

Edited by eva unit zero