• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

1 goal in 27 games. Impressive. So far this season for the sake of lulz:

On a fraction of the even strength only ice time our hard working happy friend gets...

George Parros 3 goals

Colton Orr 2 goals

Derek Boogaard 1 goal (in 22 games)

Aaron Asham 4 goals

Jared Boll 2 goals

Brandon Prust 5 goals

Zenon Konopka 1 goal

Deryk Engelland 2 goals

Shawn Thornton 5 goals

I could do this all day. I could throw how much they make in there as well for extra fun times but its an effort.

But could those guys do a stellar job of playing the point on the powerplay? :hehe:

But thanks for posting this. Kind of sad how all those enforcers the anti-enforcer people hate are putting up better numbers with far less icetime.

I'd trade Hudler straight up for any of those players. And yeah, I'm ******* serious in case anyone asks.

Guest Crymson

But could those guys do a stellar job of playing the point on the powerplay? :hehe:

But thanks for posting this. Kind of sad how all those enforcers the anti-enforcer people hate are putting up better numbers with far less icetime.

I'd trade Hudler straight up for any of those players. And yeah, I'm ******* serious in case anyone asks.

The especially sad part for me is that I doubt Hudler cares he's doing badly. He'll be paid regardless.

The thing that annoys me on here is that: Last year, everyone wanted Cleary traded because he was underachieving. But he works his butt off, kills penalties, blocks shots, hits. But now, there are alot of people defending Hudler saying "it's only a matter of time, he'll get it together, he's a goal aware from an offensive tear I can feel it". Yet Hudler doesnt hit, work hard, kill penalties, score goals or put up any points.

Now look at the flip-flop, and Hudler is paid more. Get him out, at least Draper can skate faster then a Bantam AA player..

Guest Crymson

I wrote a nice article about Hudler here.

The thing that annoys me on here is that: Last year, everyone wanted Cleary traded because he was underachieving. But he works his butt off, kills penalties, blocks shots, hits. But now, there are alot of people defending Hudler saying "it's only a matter of time, he'll get it together, he's a goal aware from an offensive tear I can feel it". Yet Hudler doesnt hit, work hard, kill penalties, score goals or put up any points.

Now look at the flip-flop, and Hudler is paid more. Get him out, at least Draper can skate faster then a Bantam AA player..

I don't recall everyone wanting Cleary traded. Many people were aware that he was playing injured and defended him based on his work ethic and defensive prowess.

On a related aside, Cleary's production at this stage of last season--playing with an extremely painful and somewhat debilitating injury--had far outstripped that of injury-free Hudler's in this season. Yay for Jiri. Try harder, dipsh*t.

That said, there's no use in attempting to trade Hudler now. He's currently a one-dimensional player with a large cap hit and an inability to score. We'll get close to nothing for him, and the cap space we could get by trading him or by putting him on waivers won't be of any use to us at present. Further, there's always the chance that he could heat up. He has the talent and the capability to be successful. However, I do think that he deserves a long spell on the bench. Enough off one game, on one game; scratch him for 5-10 games, and then let him play again. I'd say that we should let him start from the 4th line and claw his way back up, but the 4th line is way too effective for Babcock to risk Hudler f*cking it up.

As far as Draper goes, I'd much rather have him in than Hudler. He's far faster, he works far harder, and he's far better defensively. And at the rate Hudler is producing, Draper may be able to put up a better ppg.

Edited by Crymson

I wrote a nice article about Hudler here.

I don't recall everyone wanting Cleary traded. Many people were aware that he was playing injured and defended him based on his work ethic and defensive prowess.

On a related aside, Cleary's production at this stage of last season--playing with an extremely painful and somewhat debilitating injury--had far outstripped that of injury-free Hudler's in this season. Yay for Jiri. Try harder, dipsh*t.

That said, there's no use in attempting to trade Hudler now. He's currently a one-dimensional player with a large cap hit and an inability to score. We'll get close to nothing for him, and the cap space we could get by trading him or by putting him on waivers won't be of any use to us at present. Further, there's always the chance that he could heat up. He has the talent and the capability to be successful. However, I do think that he deserves a long spell on the bench. Enough off one game, on one game; scratch him for 5-10 games, and then let him play again. I'd say that we should let him start from the 4th line and claw his way back up, but the 4th line is way too effective for Babcock to risk Hudler f*cking it up.

As far as Draper goes, I'd much rather have him in than Hudler. He's far faster, he works far harder, and he's far better defensively. And at the rate Hudler is producing, Draper may be able to put up a better ppg.

Couldn't agree more. So instead of posting what you said again, I'm gonna go with "YEAH! What he said!"

Yes, because that has something to do with what Hudler's potential was (being a 50+ pt player on the third line before he left) compared to those people.

Kinda sad how the enforcer crowd has to bring up the debate in the first place.

Crymson: Your blog sucks. Jason Williams wasn't traded.

Edited by Doc Holliday

1 goal in 27 games. Impressive. So far this season for the sake of lulz:

On a fraction of the even strength only ice time our hard working happy friend gets...

George Parros 3 goals

Colton Orr 2 goals

Derek Boogaard 1 goal (in 22 games)

Aaron Asham 4 goals

Jared Boll 2 goals

Brandon Prust 5 goals

Zenon Konopka 1 goal

Deryk Engelland 2 goals

Shawn Thornton 5 goals

I could do this all day. I could throw how much they make in there as well for extra fun times but its an effort.

Add Boulton to the list, he scored 3 times as many goals as Hudler has all season tonight against the devils, but god knows the wings cant have an enforcer hahaha.

The same people who say a fighter is a waste of a spot on the 4th line are the guys who defend Hudler :rolleyes:

UK Red Wing and Newfy were listing grittier guys that are putting up more goals than Hudler, meanwhile getting half of clucks ice time. Read the thread before you post sarcastic stuff like this, bud.

I could pick a lot of non-enforcers who are getting paid less who are doing more than he is with less ice time.

What's your point?

I'm not sure why Jiri Hudler's struggles are an endorsement of an enforcer as opposed to an indictment of the man himself. I would rather trade Hudler for a guy that will score 50-60 points like he was expected to than someone less skilled.

This.

I could pick a lot of non-enforcers who are getting paid less who are doing more than he is with less ice time.

What's your point?

Yeah but the difference is, you dont come on here constantly talking about how useless and wastes of ice enforcers are. You come on here and defend players like Hudler that are small and skilled and call fighters useless.

I could also pick a lot of non enforcers who are getting paid less but the difference is you dont call those guys useless. Just making a point for someone who defends Hudler quite a bit, you really need to reconsider who you call useless

Yeah but the difference is, you dont come on here constantly talking about how useless and wastes of ice enforcers are.

Yet people like you feel the need to prop them up on a consistent basis.

You come on here and defend players like Hudler that are small and skilled and call fighters useless.

Where have I defended his play?

I could also pick a lot of non enforcers who are getting paid less but the difference is you dont call those guys useless. Just making a point for someone who defends Hudler quite a bit, you really need to reconsider who you call useless

When did I call enforcers useless? Show me a post where I said an enforcer has no use in any facet of the game whatsoever.

Guest Crymson

Nah. Lang was just sooo damn lazy he couldn't be bothered to suck this bad. :P

At least he could produce. That's the big difference. He was big and fast enough that even when he was lazing around the ice, he could still get into position to take a shot or make a pass.

Yet people like you feel the need to prop them up on a consistent basis.

Where have I defended his play?

When did I call enforcers useless? Show me a post where I said an enforcer has no use in any facet of the game whatsoever.

No I dont actually even want a useless enforcer on this team so thats where youre wrong. I want a bottom 6 filled out with guys that play like Abdelkader, not Drew Miller. I just think its dumb when guys like you call fighters useless when Detroit is pretty much the only team that doesn't have one, and everytime we've won the cup we've had one o our team lol

If you want we can go back to the start of the year where I (along with a few others) was saying we should trade Hudler and you were calling anyone who thought that we should an idiot pretty much.

And we've both been posting here long enough to know that, while in this thread you haven't called enforcers useless, you have countless other times

At least he could produce. That's the big difference. He was big and fast enough that even when he was lazing around the ice, he could still get into position to take a shot or make a pass.

Lang also had more natural talent. People really overrate Hudlers talent level. He has great vision and passing skills, but Lang had better and Hudler is nothing that far out of the ordinary in those areas. Lang wasn't ridiculously weak either

What's your point?

That is the point.

The fact that you can name many players like that.

The enforcer topic comes up because the anti-enforcer crowd wanted someone like Hudler and Modano over those useless fighters who never score. Meanwhile, the enforcer crowd wanted tougher players on the bottom two lines, instead of guys who weren't acclimated to not being a top 6 forward. I guess people (myself included) are gloating that numerous enforcers are playing better than Hudler.

Edited by GMRwings1983

No I dont actually even want a useless enforcer on this team so thats where youre wrong. I want a bottom 6 filled out with guys that play like Abdelkader, not Drew Miller. I just think its dumb when guys like you call fighters useless when Detroit is pretty much the only team that doesn't have one, and everytime we've won the cup we've had one o our team lol

If you want we can go back to the start of the year where I (along with a few others) was saying we should trade Hudler and you were calling anyone who thought that we should an idiot pretty much.

And we've both been posting here long enough to know that, while in this thread you haven't called enforcers useless, you have countless other times

Lang also had more natural talent. People really overrate Hudlers talent level. He has great vision and passing skills, but Lang had better and Hudler is nothing that far out of the ordinary in those areas. Lang wasn't ridiculously weak either

Detroit is the only team in the NHL that doesn't have AT LEAST one guy that will readily scrap. Most teams have multiple guys that are willing to drop the gloves. Come playoff time we aren't gritty enough and we get bounced around.