• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

#261 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hudler needs a psychiatrist, we all know what he is capable of but he just seems like he lacks confidence and questions himself. For instance it seemed like shooting the puck never even crossed his mind on his two on one tonight, he is a shooter he needs to shoot. I don't want to see him become the Jason Williams and wind up doing nothing with his career, he is too good. Also, is anyone else annoyed by the way he tapes his socks?

I made this comparison somewhere else, between Hudler and Williams. It's almost starting to look like Deja Vu.

In my highschool there was a rich kid, who sucked at football. His dad was "connected" and despite the fact that this kid should have been cut almost first, he not only joined the team but went on to be the quarterback. Much like Hudler, he sucked at that position, and my HS football team lost every single game that year. Granted, I was more interested in setting off fireworks beneath the stands, than actually watching the game.

What does this got to do with Hudler? Absolutely nothing. I just feel the same about Hudler as I did about the rich kid who lead our team to a completely losing season.

It really didn't help that all of our cheerleaders were the size of a couch. Girls were kind of ugly in the early 90's.

Edited by Joey v3.4, 14 December 2010 - 01:52 AM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#262 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:55 AM

Actually tonight Hudler looked as close as he ever has to his old self. He held onto pucks a little longer and seemed a little more comfortable in the offensive zone. I did notice he opted for the pass on a mini two-on-one in the second where I'm almost certain a confident Hudler would've shot. He was pretty square to the net for a 2 on 1.

#263 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

So the bottom six yesterday was something like this:

Hudler-Helm-Cleary
Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

And despite the loss, they obviously did a lot of good things.

Did anyone notice anything in particular about a difference in play between when Helm is the third line center versus Abdelkader? (And please keep references to Helm's finishing ability to a minimum if possible).

It appeared as if something clicked there. Maybe, maybe not.

#264 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Wings forward Jiri Hudler is on the trade block, if he is traded it will be closer to the trade deadline.

about 1 hour ago via web

-From NHLSourcesSay

Obviously, take with a grain of salt.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#265 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Wings forward Jiri Hudler is on the trade block, if he is traded it will be closer to the trade deadline.

about 1 hour ago via web

-From NHLSourcesSay

Yikes.

#266 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

about 1 hour ago via web

-From NHLSourcesSay

Damn, that's still like 30 games away.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#267 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Who else besides Zherdev is now back in the NHL after some time in the KHL?

#268 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

about 1 hour ago via web

-From NHLSourcesSay

is this a legit source? if so, i just dont understand how the Wings organization can be so ready to pull the trigger and send off a guy who can be a six player with 25-35 goals a year whose only 26...sure he's in some slump right now but i do believe the year before he defected he went something crazy llike 30 games in between goals. Like other young players the goal is always consistency. Why send off top six potential because of a slow start?

#269 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

is this a legit source? if so, i just dont understand how the Wings organization can be so ready to pull the trigger and send off a guy who can be a six player with 25-35 goals a year whose only 26...sure he's in some slump right now but i do believe the year before he defected he went something crazy llike 30 games in between goals. Like other young players the goal is always consistency. Why send off top six potential because of a slow start?

Slow start? Little beyond a slow start, don'tcha think?

#270 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Slow start? Little beyond a slow start, don'tcha think?

sure, but doesn't the crux of my point stand?

#271 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

Well, in regards to the credibility of the source, it does have its own version of The Onion:

http://twitter.com/BSNHLSourcesSay

#272 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

its around eklund level credibility-wise

#273 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

Yep, NHLSourcesSay is in the middle of the credibility list somewhere. I've seen them post utter BS, then pull off a gem a week before anyone else knows what's going on. Hence my 'grain of salt' comment.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#274 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

I've been wondering if having Hudler on the team is affecting other players. I mean think about it. Here is Hudler who is making 3 million a year. He plays lousy and yet he still gets playing time and power play time. I think it's sending the wrong message to all the other Wings players. I know the Wings have one of the most (if not the most) solid locker rooms in the NHL. But it's human nature. If you see someone at your workplace screwing the dog and not contributing, it does have an effect on the other workers. It creates a bad and toxic atmosphere. I think the longer this goes the more it will affect the Wings as a team. The Wings did great in October and November but are off to an average start to December. Is Hudler's presence one of the reasons? I'm not saying if it is or isn't but I belive it's something to think about. FWIW, I don't see Hudler turning it around. I really don't. A quarter of the season has been played and he is not getting any better. The ones who believe he is showing improvement are likely seeing what they want to see. Holland is showing alot of patience with this guy. Holland is the best GM in the game but is he afraid to admit he made a mistake bringing him back? Trading him would in essence be admitting that but you have to cut bait at some point. The bigger mistake would be to keep playing him and getting nothing. Hudler needs to go. Whether it's for a draft pick, a minor league player or even waivers. He needs to go.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#275 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

If he would have had any sort of positive streak to reflect on beforehand, I'd certainly agree. But he has literally shown next to NOTHING since he got back. That's my only concern.

#276 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

I've been wondering if having Hudler on the team is affecting other players. I mean think about it. Here is Hudler who is making 3 million a year. He plays lousy and yet he still gets playing time and power play time. I think it's sending the wrong message to all the other Wings players. I know the Wings have one of the most (if not the most) solid locker rooms in the NHL. But it's human nature. If you see someone at your workplace screwing the dog and not contributing, it does have an effect on the other workers. It creates a bad and toxic atmosphere. I think the longer this goes the more it will affect the Wings as a team. The Wings did great in October and November but are off to an average start to December. Is Hudler's presence one of the reasons? I'm not saying if it is or isn't but I belive it's something to think about. FWIW, I don't see Hudler turning it around. I really don't. A quarter of the season has been played and he is not getting any better. The ones who believe he is showing improvement are likely seeing what they want to see. Holland is showing alot of patience with this guy. Holland is the best GM in the game but is he afraid to admit he made a mistake bringing him back? Trading him would in essence be admitting that but you have to cut bait at some point. The bigger mistake would be to keep playing him and getting nothing. Hudler needs to go. Whether it's for a draft pick, a minor league player or even waivers. He needs to go.

Totally agree with the sentiment, but I would give him till the end of Jan or so to see if it's just a matter of conditioning. He's obviously done very little while he was away, I'd give him a little more time to catch up.

#277 jmad

jmad

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Totally agree with the sentiment, but I would give him till the end of Jan or so to see if it's just a matter of conditioning. He's obviously done very little while he was away, I'd give him a little more time to catch up.

I disagree that Hudler is bringing down the locker room because of his contract. Everybody in that locker room wants him to go on a huge goal scoring binge as much as he does. I think he's working but is off right now. Give him time.

#278 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

I disagree that Hudler is bringing down the locker room because of his contract. Everybody in that locker room wants him to go on a huge goal scoring binge as much as he does. I think he's working but is off right now. Give him time.

Actually, I was responding more to the idea of trading him. I don't think he is bringing down the locker room either.

#279 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

56pts in 46 games isn't too shabby, guys.

if only we could get that hudler out of my iPhone NHL 2K11 game and onto the ice..
Posted Image

#280 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

Just sucks cuz I seriously believed Hudler was gonna be a stud this year. He seemed to have a great attitude coming back and Babcock seemed to be happy to have him back... wft happened!?!