• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Look....

I'll be the first to admit, for the first half of the season, I was s***ting on Huds' parade all day long! I couldn't stand him. He was slow...he was out of position and constantly turning the puck over. Look at him now! He is like the bastard child everyone made fun of! Now he is stepping up his game, filling his role, and playing some amazing hockey.

Yes, Dats does draw attention to himself and makes everyone on his line just a little better. But....and there is always a but...Huds is playing out of his mind right now. WIth that, and the everyday play of Dats, this line is becoming deadly as s***! Can you imagine what happens if Franzen decides he wants to start scoring again. With the chemistry these guys are developing, this could be a huge boost for a cup run.

If you are part of the "Hudler hand-job mafia", admit to yourself this one thing, Dats is helping Hudler shine. Hudler is like a classic car and Dats is the wax. Without the wax, the car still looks amazing cause it's vintage, rare, and in great form. But with the wax, the car shines that much brighter. That is the best analogy I could come up with.

Cleary is the shiny hubcaps you whip out right before a show that you spend 6 hours hand polishing with a wax made from rare whale oils. :hehe:

Edited by WingZNut13

Guest Crymson

Look....

I'll be the first to admit, for the first half of the season, I was s***ting on Huds' parade all day long! I couldn't stand him. He was slow...he was out of position and constantly turning the puck over. Look at him now! He is like the bastard child everyone made fun of! Now he is stepping up his game, filling his role, and playing some amazing hockey.

Yes, Dats does draw attention to himself and makes everyone on his line just a little better. But....and there is always a but...Huds is playing out of his mind right now. WIth that, and the everyday play of Dats, this line is becoming deadly as s***! Can you imagine what happens if Franzen decides he wants to start scoring again. With the chemistry these guys are developing, this could be a huge boost for a cup run.

If you are part of the "Hudler hand-job mafia", admit to yourself this one thing, Dats is helping Hudler shine. Hudler is like a classic car and Dats is the wax. Without the wax, the car still looks amazing cause it's vintage, rare, and in great form. But with the wax, the car shines that much brighter. That is the best analogy I could come up with.

Don't forget Cleary.

Hudler is actually starting to grow on me :blink:

I must be ill.

It's the fact that he has scored at just shy of a point per game pace since Dec. 27th, has 4 goals and 14 points in the past 11 games while scoring points in nine of them.

That and he's actually seeing more than 8 minutes per game of even-strength ice time, so you are actually SEEING him.

Maybe those things are why he's growing on you.

Seems like he wrote that himself. Randy Magnus from Roseville, eh? :ph34r:

Hmmm... good point. But Hudler would say Ved Vings, not Red Wings.

As far as the stats in that article go... well they reflect the fact that the Wings win more often when they get scoring from guys not named Lidstrom, Datsyuk or Zetterberg. If your depth guys are scoring AND your stars are scoring odds are you're winning too.

Hudler is actually starting to grow on me :blink:

I must be ill.

You are a Red Wings fan.

Hudler is helping the Wings win games.

You like seeing the Wings win.

You like Hudler.

... you're a Hudler fan.

I have no idea why Babs put him on the 4th line last night while Mule was getting top minutes.

I guess he's gambling that one game apart from Dats won't mess with their chemistry. Franzen simply has to start scoring. Right now he's skating around with a 200lb monkey on his back.

Caption Contest!!! I know the huge Lilja fans on here got something for us.

109732470_slide.jpg

"That's it...breathe, breathe, breathe, push! breathe, breathe, breathe, BIG PUSH!"

Chalk that up to all the Wings births lately...

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest Crymson

Put Jiri on a top 2 line and the Wings will be a better team

Is that you, Hudler?