• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

#141 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Watch at exactly the 35 second mark, Howie gives Hudler a nice face wash with the catcher's mitt. :thumbup:

Posted Image

#142 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

^ Howie's like "Quit clucking at me you freak!"

esteef

Edited by esteef, 22 November 2010 - 07:54 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#143 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

well i hope they dont trade him. I dont know what his problem is but he needs to fix it asap

#144 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

His real expertise seems to be in non-labour intensive finance.

I see what you did there.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#145 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

I haven't seen as much of his play this season as most of you would have, but I feel you're all being too harsh. Yes he's struggling, and I've sometimes yelled at the TV after seeing him do something stupid, but I feel like we need to give him time to re-adjust. Trading him would be absolutely disasterous because I'm certain that if a team was willing to trade for him, they'd give him consistent top 6 minutes and regular PP time. He sometimes gets that here, but if he doesn't instantly produce, coach gets frustrated and demotes him again, thus deflating his already low confidence.

Hudler is a very gifted player, he put up nearly 60 points last time he was here, obviously his slow start means that's unlikely to happen this season, but I am positive that things will turn around for him and by seasons end we'll be happy to have the little guy on the team again.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#146 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

I haven't seen as much of his play this season as most of you would have, but I feel you're all being too harsh. Yes he's struggling, and I've sometimes yelled at the TV after seeing him do something stupid, but I feel like we need to give him time to re-adjust. Trading him would be absolutely disasterous because I'm certain that if a team was willing to trade for him, they'd give him consistent top 6 minutes and regular PP time. He sometimes gets that here, but if he doesn't instantly produce, coach gets frustrated and demotes him again, thus deflating his already low confidence.

Hudler is a very gifted player, he put up nearly 60 points last time he was here, obviously his slow start means that's unlikely to happen this season, but I am positive that things will turn around for him and by seasons end we'll be happy to have the little guy on the team again.

He should look at that St.Louis fella in Tampa, same size as him, although he puts up good numbers... hudler's weakness is his very poor and slow skating

#147 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

You are all forgetting one key component to Hudler's game...this season isn't a contract year. He will struggle all season. Then next year he'll put up big numbers just in time for us to re-sign him to an even bigger deal. Then he can say it took him an entire year to readjust to the NHL game. Mark my words....and I'm actually a Hudler fan who's rooting for him
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#148 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

The positive aspect is that all the other boys on the team are working even harder pulling their own weight and his so that we are still winning while he get's intouch with his emotions, his self esteem, and confidence. :puke:

If you think LGW is harsh on Hudler now, just imagine how bad it would be if we had been losing.

#149 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hudler is being absolutely lazy. There's not much else to it. He's not striving to succeed.

#150 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

I'd like to see Hudler moved because I don't think the Wings need his potential scoring or playmaking. I think the Wings depth is fine. I'd like to see another element added which can balance the scoring. Whether it's getting more ice time for Eaves and Miller or maybe it's trading Hudler for some grit. Hudler has always seemed like a square peg in a round hole in Detroit. I do agree with the poster who said that Huds would likely get more points on another team where he would get more ice time. If I were Holland (thank God I'm not) I'd move Hudler for a draft pick and save the cap space for the trade deadline. But Kenny doesn't usually do trades this early. I know he moved Leino last year but Kenny usually waits until trade deadline day and even then he usually only moves mid to low round draft picks. I guess I just like the Wings current blend of size and skill and would like to see more of it. Holmstrom, Franzen and Bertuzzi are big bodies who add a dimension to the team. Cleary and Abdelakder are playing very well. Dats and Z are still our go-to guys. Helm gives us sheer speed. Miller and Eaves work their asses off and are excellent Pkers. Modano is looking better with each game and can still set his wingers up with good passes. He can still skate and shoot as well. Filppula is an excellent all around player and is relishing his role as the 2nd line centre. I don't come up with anything for Hudler.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#151 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

Ever since this hit, he has not been the same

Hudler is tough though, look at him take on Drapes @ the 1:31 mark

Edited by Rivalred, 24 November 2010 - 11:14 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#152 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

SO who picked Hudler in the LGW Whiping Boy thread? Tell 'em what he won, Johnny!

#153 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

I wish I could find that thread where a bunch of people were so sure Hudler was going to get 60+ points and bashed anyone else who guessed around 50.

#154 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

The name of this thread is still accurate. Hudler will log on to LGW.com/forums and he will post his game notes in this thread. Its the Jiri Hudler WATCH thread.

#155 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

I wish I could find that thread where a bunch of people were so sure Hudler was going to get 60+ points and bashed anyone else who guessed around 50.

Such for threads that have eva in it :P

EDIT: I think I was one who thought Hudler could add depth. But after watching his play yeah... he adds another cap hit and that's about it. I want Wild's John Madden on this team.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 24 November 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#156 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Ever since he announced he was coming back, i've been saying he's not gonna do anything, he wont get close to 60/70 points, and i've taken a ton of s***, along with Newfy.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#157 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Yes, because considering his production his last year here and the depth of the team, it was such a strange prediction.

I swear some posters need to get over their little "OMG I WAS SO RIGHT LET ME TELL YOU SO REPEATEDLY" crap. A Wings player is doing poorly. That isn't something you should hope for or be excited about.

Posted Image

#158 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yes, because considering his production his last year here and the depth of the team, it was such a strange prediction.

I swear some posters need to get over their little "OMG I WAS SO RIGHT LET ME TELL YOU SO REPEATEDLY" crap. A Wings player is doing poorly. That isn't something you should hope for or be excited about.

You'd be doing the same s*** if he was tearing it up right now.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#159 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

You'd be doing the same s*** if he was tearing it up right now.

Can you tell me the lotto numbers for next week, too?

Posted Image

#160 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

Can you tell me the lotto numbers for next week, too?

26-26-26

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien