• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rage

Lidstrom & Modano Interviews on CBC's After Hours

Rate this topic

the topics were both on-ice and off-ice. nick was asked which stanley cup he was the most fond of, and he also talked about his family a bit. he was asked about the ******** injury from '08 as well. mike mostly talked about his decision to come to detroit and some stuff from his early playing days.

the reason i also thought the interviews were awesome is because they weren't cliche questions with cliche answers. it was a half hour show so they asked them quite a few questions. i'd recommend to anyone who didn't see it to look for it on you tube. someone will probably post it eventually.

So for those of us who missed it, why was it so awesome?

Really great interviews. They were long interviews as they always are on After Hours, so it was way better than watching a post-game interview on FSN or something.

It was really cool for me to hear Modano interviewed. Never really heard anything from him before. He talked about the Dallas days and the decision to sign w/ Detroit. He said he talked to Bertuzzi a lot during the offseason about the team in Detroit and also to Chelios and Hull. He also said it took about a month before he started feeling comfortable because of how hard the Wings practice and train. He said the practices are really up-tempo and it reminded him of Ken Hitchcock.

Edited by rage

here's the full version with nick. i didn't even realise that the first video i posted was cut short. sorry about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG2u_Bi5lhU

Are you the one uploading those on YouTube? Just noticed that the 2nd part of the Lidstrom Interview went up by the same user (doozy104).

The first vid you linked to is in HD but only Part I. Part II is now up.

If you are, the Modano Interview is on its way right?? :clap: :clap: That was a completely awesome interview. Everyone must see it.

Edited by rage

Are you the one uploading those on YouTube? Just noticed that the 2nd part of the Lidstrom Interview went up by the same user (doozy104).

The first vid you linked to is in HD but only Part I. Part II is now up.

If you are, the Modano Interview is on its way right?? :clap: :clap: That was a completely awesome interview. Everyone must see it.

ah ok, i didn't see that it was labeled as part I. thanks for that. and to answer your question, no i am not the one uploading these videos on you tube but i do agree that they were awesome and someone definitely needs to upload mike's. i am sure that someone will eventually.

Lidstroms ******** ownage also happened in 09, not 08. I like when Kesler was standing behind Modano and them after the commercial break and one of them said somethin about Kelser giving shots when he was walking away and Modanos like he does that alot lulz

yea, you're right. scott oake screwed up on that one and i just followed along without thinking about it :blushing:

Lidstroms ******** ownage also happened in 09, not 08.

Yea, I had thought it was 09 too, and was kinda confused about it. But I agree with most of what they said... especially that it hurts just thinking about it.

Anyone else have the feeling from that interview we might have Lids for another 2 years? I'd love it if he COULD play until he was 55 at this level though.

I LOVE After Hours. Their interviews are great... in-depth, personal, a little playful, and not the typical fluff or scripted Q&A you'd see elsewhere. I think if the NHL was able to expose more fans to a regular show like this, they'd have success in marketing players on a more personal level, not just by hype and highlights. Hockey players are a different breed of athlete, and the NHL should take full advantage of that fact.

Guest mjtm77

Yea, I had thought it was 09 too, and was kinda confused about it. But I agree with most of what they said... especially that it hurts just thinking about it.

Anyone else have the feeling from that interview we might have Lids for another 2 years? I'd love it if he COULD play until he was 55 at this level though.

I got the feeling he would retire after this season

Who all saw After Hours tonight? The Lidstrom and Modano Interviews were awesome!

Rage, those really were some great interviews. Thank you for sharing, I would not have stumbled across them I don't think...

Edit: That was supposed to be a quote... but I am amazingly incompetent at the internet for a CS major sometimes :lol:

Edited by Austrianwing

Guest Shoreline

I LOVE After Hours. Their interviews are great... in-depth, personal, a little playful, and not the typical fluff or scripted Q&A you'd see elsewhere. I think if the NHL was able to expose more fans to a regular show like this, they'd have success in marketing players on a more personal level, not just by hype and highlights. Hockey players are a different breed of athlete, and the NHL should take full advantage of that fact.

I love this in general about Canadian broadcasts. I watch the postgame on NHL Network USA or Versus and get the feeling of when I used to watch it on FOX or ABC, the same as their game broadcasts, which was it seems they're way too eager to show they actually know something about hockey, going on long-winded tangents and one-upmanship (reflected upon how much they fricken babble throughout the play by play) and not enjoying enough the awesome sport which is hockey the way these guys do. It's very much a different feel with CBC, hell, even Sportsnet or TSN.

Edited by Shoreline

Rage, thanks for the OP and editing the YT clips back in. I was not able to watch After Hours and it was great to see those interviews. It's a side of the game we don't get to see often enough. Really enjoyed it.

Back when I went to Walled Lake Central, Livonia Stevenson was in our league, so it's fun to hear them mention Livonia.

Thanks a bunch.

Maybe this answers some questions about Modano's "slower than fans wanted" start; he's gasping for lungs and legs trying to keep up with the team until he get's himself in Red Wing shape. Go Mike, Go!

Anyone else have the feeling from that interview we might have Lids for another 2 years?

I do too.

He looks like a guy enjoying himself too much to stop now. Even after hoisting for the 5th time next summer, I think he'll look around the room and not be able to walk away from another shot. The older guys will still have enough wheels and gas, the prime guys will still be in thier prime, the younger guys will have one more years worth of experience (and a Red Wing year of experience is like dog years compared to a year's experience on most teams!)

Guest Shoreline

Rage, thanks for the OP and editing the YT clips back in. I was not able to watch After Hours and it was great to see those interviews. It's a side of the game we don't get to see often enough. Really enjoyed it.

Back when I went to Walled Lake Central, Livonia Stevenson was in our league, so it's fun to hear them mention Livonia.

Thanks a bunch.

Maybe this answers some questions about Modano's "slower than fans wanted" start; he's gasping for lungs and legs trying to keep up with the team until he get's himself in Red Wing shape. Go Mike, Go!

I haven't really voiced it yet but I've been relatively skeptical of Mo joining the Wings. Just kinda sitting back and seeing how he fits in and how much his age and injury prone-ness might possibly pin him as a liability. I really do hope he fits in and does well though, just like I did when Hatcher joined (I compare them cuz of where they are from), I just hope his stay as a Wing doesn't wind up the big pile of doo-doo that Hatcher's did.

Edited by Shoreline

Nick has got to be one of the most eloquent players ever in the League. Such a professional and extremely polite. That being said, lol at him trying to say "rejuvenated" at 6:20. :P

Nick is a gentleman, always has been. Same as Steve was. They can be fiery and loud on the ice, but during interviews or other things like that, they are the exact opposite. There's a lot of guys on the team for whom you can say that.

They mentioned something about an interesting story of when Lidstrom was drafted. Anyone know what they're talking about?

Edited by Dave