• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

diehardredwing19

good day but bad night....

Rate this topic

hey guys diehard wings fan from vancouver... the day started off great! met helm, filppula, stuart! kronwall, and abdelkader got autographs n my sister got pics with em i think i was just caught up in the moment n didnt get any pics with em, sucks for me! this was before the game... but to the game tonight we were ok the first two periods ntn great but in the 3rd i felt it coming to n we were simply outa gas i was at the game n i tell u its a piss off hearin the fans chant howard n sayin stupid stuff bout him i live in vancouver n i know how retarted the fans are out here... im on here just takin out my frustration, i mean its ok if u taunt him by sayin howard but swearing at the guy for no reason really gets under my skin but i remain calm obviously:)... and also i thought ericsson was not bad tongiht n kronwall i guess i shud shake his hand more often cuz he popped in 2 tonight! n its ironic that the game i go to n it ends jimmy howards streak sorry guys!

Just when I thought America's educational system was failing its youth - thankfully a Canadian comes along and shows me that it's universal.

All North American schools suck, apparently.

"Text speak" is not acceptable. Plain and simple. Your post was damn near impossible to read.

The "abbreviations" and the flat out misspellings make your writing unbearable.

I'm not trying to be the grammar nazi, but seriously.

hey guys diehard wings fan from vancouver... the day started off great! met helm, filppula, stuart! kronwall, and abdelkader got autographs n my sister got pics with em i think i was just caught up in the moment n didnt get any pics with em, sucks for me! this was before the game... but to the game tonight we were ok the first two periods ntn great but in the 3rd i felt it coming to n we were simply outa gas i was at the game n i tell u its a piss off hearin the fans chant howard n sayin stupid stuff bout him i live in vancouver n i know how retarted the fans are out here... im on here just takin out my frustration, i mean its ok if u taunt him by sayin howard but swearing at the guy for no reason really gets under my skin but i remain calm obviously:)... and also i thought ericsson was not bad tongiht n kronwall i guess i shud shake his hand more often cuz he popped in 2 tonight! n its ironic that the game i go to n it ends jimmy howards streak sorry guys!

Edited by FireCaptain

Use Firefox, it has spell-check built in.

Awesome story! The Wings usually ALWAYS give autographs and are sociable with the fans. My friend just told me that bobby Ryan completely ignored her (she's sexy) and a few of her friends. They were with a "Bobby Ryan I <3 U" sign. It was as they were walking into the arena too. I've never heard a story like that from our boys.

Just when I thought America's educational system was failing its youth - thankfully a Canadian comes along and shows me that it's universal.

"Text speak" is not acceptable. Plain and simple. Your post was damn near impossible to read.

Your post was just plain rude... To suggest a spell checker is one thing to make fun of someones educational background is another entirely. Heaven forbid someone inconveniences you with their grammar and spelling. I am pretty sure no where in the forum rules does it say that only those with solid writing skills are allowed to post.

Guest scottj

"Text speak" is not acceptable. Plain and simple.

That's weird, I thought we were posting on a hockey forum... turns out it's a high school essay?

haha, I knew after reading this we'd be in for a "whine-fest" of responses about the spelling. Honestly, if you can't read it, don't. I prefer to see people who use complete words, but this is the internet after all. In the future diehard, it may be wiser to edit your posts so that more people will read it. Otherwise you'll get this boring topic.

Your post was just plain rude... To suggest a spell checker is one thing to make fun of someones educational background is another entirely. Heaven forbid someone inconveniences you with their grammar and spelling. I am pretty sure no where in the forum rules does it say that only those with solid writing skills are allowed to post.

Kids (and adults) need to know that proper English goes a long way. That means spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

if u type like this no 1 gon take u serious cuz its hard to read n most ppl cant figur out wat u tryin 2 say n even if they can its gon take them 4ever 2 make cents of it.

However, if you type like this, most everyone can understand what it is that you are trying to say. We have a lot of people on this site whose first language is not English, and I'm sure they can't understand our teenage slang and text-type. It's hard to be taken seriously if you type like that.

All that said, to the original poster, cool story!

kansum1translatthuorijinulstore4meiapresheatittherralotuvpeplhurntenglishspekinnlotsufushuroldrthndirt

HAHA! I can't believe I just sat and worked that out! I must be bored at work! And I read it out loud, sitting 6 inches from the screen, so had people standing watching me.

That's weird, I thought we were posting on a hockey forum... turns out it's a high school essay?

yeah but if you want people to try to read your post, and make your statement clear, please have the self respect to make it half way readable. That was atrocious. How many more seconds would have it taken to type "and" instead of "n"?

Wow, what a jackwagon response. Thanksfully a " Canadian" comes along and shows its universal"- You dont need to try and be a grammar nazi....you ARE one.

Sheesh

Guest Shoreline

grammarz.jpg

Sadly it's not uncommon that Swedes or anyone else foreign (my foreign Greek ex for example) know better English than people from the two North American countries that have English as their first language -- though mindfly's issue is that he lied about being a Wing fan since 1754, knows as much about hockey and the Wings as my 10 year old second cousin does, and his idea of cheering on the Wings is pointing out everything negative about them when they do well. And while I would normally say that being pedantic about someone's spelling is about the nerdiest thing you can do, the OP's post really does stink not only because it's a post that belongs in the GDT, but because it's a complete embarrassment to the English language.

Edited by Shoreline

Wow. This is an internet forum, apparently you didn't know? To be so rude to a friendly poster telling a story about the game is just silly.

So, congrats on your perfect spelling, but its a shame that you are socially inept enough to have no manners whatsoever. Between manners and spelling? I'll take manners.

Get a life, loser.

I agree. "Text speak" is lazy and it sucks. Seriously. Speak English! Pull your pants up! Get a haircut! Get a job! lol.

Guest Shoreline

Wow. This is an internet forum, apparently you didn't know? To be so rude to a friendly poster telling a story about the game is just silly.

So, congrats on your perfect spelling, but its a shame that you are socially inept enough to have no manners whatsoever. Between manners and spelling? I'll take manners.

Get a life, loser.

Personally I'd take spelling. When someone speaks the same native language as others it's actually without manners to communicate in a fashion not easily understood by others, so I'd say manners and spelling both coincide in this case opposed to being two distinct ideals. Likewise, if all someone used is higher English they'd get made fun of as well.

It may also be construed as without manners not to post in an existing topic about something. It really depends on how extreme you are about manners, but in your case it can't be that extreme with how loose your standards are with the OP and strict with the poster you quoted.

Then again, I'm more sensitive to intent of a post than I am about the mere substance of it. It can be said the intent behind the OP might be good natured but very lazy and well below the standards of normal communication (people caught onto the "text speech" rather fast), which I believe the OP can easily fix as I don't think they're even remotely dumb.

Definitely a cool story. It's better to get a handshake from Kronwall than a body check. I don't really have the opportunity to go see the Wings play, so I love hearing about it.

That being said, it took way too long to read the original post. Try to have some consideration for the audience you are presenting to.