• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaW92

Why is St. Louis doing so good?

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Hot goalie. Haven't really been paying attention to St.Louis, but they don't seem to score much, or get scored on much. Once the goalie cools off, their winning record will fade.

Hot goalie. Haven't really been paying attention to St.Louis, but they don't seem to score much, or get scored on much. Once the goalie cools off, their winning record will fade.

conklin started tonight, still was a shutout

Those paying attention to the Blues could see this coming over the past couple seasons...and then they added Halak without losing anyone from their NHL roster, which instantly made them significantly better.

Great goaltending...solid system on defense...great transition game.

And they just won in Boston and beat the Rangers in NY in back to back nights without their best offensive threat (Perron) and half of their defensive corps (Polak, Carlo, Jackman)...all our out with injuries.

Really, the only thing they need to work on is the power play, which has been pretty bad. If they could get that on track a bit, they'd be dominant.

Davis Payne has done a great job since taking over last year. They've won 12 games in a row at home dating back to last season and of course are 9-1-2 so far this year, and currently #1 overall in the NHL.

Blues teams have always been known for working their asses off...and this team is no different. They work hard, and it is paying off. Hard work doesn't go into a slump.

But I can't see them keeping up this pace without either the power play improving, or them scoring more 5 on 5 goals. They can't keep winning games 1-0 and 2-1...or at least I don't think they can.

They haven't played the wings yet.

Who?

My best friend is a huge Blues fan, and pretty much said the same thing cprice said.

Young talent is starting to mesh well. They dont really have a super star, so the team isnt being built around anyone, so everyone is just working really hard to figure out how to win together...AS A TEAM. They have 4 very balanced lines, now add a very good goaltender and you got a winning combo.

I think the true test for the Blues will be how they play against some of the stronger teams in the west. They havent played the Kings, Wings or Nucks yet. So I think we will have a good idea if the Blues are for real or not in a couple months. But even if they aren't a true contender yet, I think they will be next year or the following year.

Guest Shoreline

Give 'em some time, they'll f*** it all up. If their fans are cheering their team on now, in a few months they'll be back to their team playing against non-Red Wing teams cheering "Red Wings suck". :siren:

Edited by Shoreline

What's also really exciting is the play of Johnson and Pietrangelo on defense.

Johnson came into his own last season and is having a great year so far this year...and this is Pietrangelo's first full season and he's been very good. He has great offensive and puckhandling skills, but the knock on him had always been that his defense was subpar. Well, the extra time in the minors seem to have paid off because he has been solid defensively. Much better than advertised.

You'd think that it would just be a matter of time before the power play started clicking with Johnson and Petro on the points, with Boyes in the corner and Backes in front of the net. There is too much talent out there for the power play to struggle for much longer.

Give 'em some time, they'll f*** it all up. If their fans are cheering their team on now, in a few months they'll be back to their team playing against non-Red Wing teams cheering "Red Wings suck". :siren:

I hope your other 11,426 posts made more sense than that one.

they will cool down big time soon

that team still has some serious problems(offense for one thing,they are 20th in goals scored/game this year so far for a reason)

everything will come crashing down when that league leading 1.5 goals against/game cools off

kinda like what happened to Nashville

Edited by ricky0034

I sure hope the Wings take the Blues more seriously than LGW does.

They're a young team with a good deal of balanced talent. They don't have any superstars to lean on, but they also don't have any salary greater than McDonald's 4.7M eating into their cap. Instead they succeed not on pure talent, but hard work and they get it from everyone on the ice. I don't care who's on your roster, if you have all 18 guys on the ice playing balls-to-the-wall hockey and working on the same page for 60 minutes you're gonna win games. They also have 3M in capspace for any glaring issues that might pop up between now and February.

This team is legit and we're likely to verse them in the playoffs. Hopefully by then they'll have a little more respect and be taken a little more seriously.

Guest Stolberg

sucking for 3 seasons isn't very long

four of the players on their roster right now were drafted after a bad season

Edited by Stolberg