• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaW92

Why is St. Louis doing so good?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

St.Louis needs to face vancouver&detroit asap... blues coming up shortly for the wings

Guest mindfly

I haven't bothered to look at their schedule...have they had any tough opponents yet?

2-0 win over sharks, 2-1 win (SO) over boston would be their most impressive wins... they got 4 ot/so wins... lost in a few ot/so as well, they havent really won 4-0, 5-1 etc, only tight games..

2-0 win over sharks, 2-1 win (SO) over boston would be their most impressive wins... they got 4 ot/so wins... lost in a few ot/so as well, they havent really won 4-0, 5-1 etc, only tight games..

What? They've played quite a few good teams so far.

They've taken 3 of 4 points from Chicago

They shutout Pittsburgh

They beat Philadelphia

And when nobody could beat Nashville, the Blues gave Nashville their first regulation loss of the season...and they shut them out in the process.

I'm looking forward to the game vs. Detroit next week. Should be a good one.

Good thing about Babcock is that he won't take the Blues for granted the way many of us do here on LGW. He'll look at their record and say, "Well they got more points than we do and in less games. They're doing something better than we are. We gotta prepare." Or at least we hope.

Good thing about Babcock is that he won't take the Blues for granted the way many of us do here on LGW. He'll look at their record and say, "Well they got more points than we do and in less games. They're doing something better than we are. We gotta prepare." Or at least we hope.

I hope that's as detailed as Babcock gets for his pre-game preparation.

Guest Crymson

I hope that's as detailed as Babcock gets for his pre-game preparation.

Babcock is known for investing more time in pre-game preparation than any other coach in the league.

Guest Crymson

They were due for a blowout.

They also just lost their leading scorer to injury; Oshie broke his ankle. That's a bad injury to sustain; he won't even be able to skate while he's recuperating.

I could care less about the blowout loss. s*** happens. It was just one of those games. What matters is Oshie's broken ankle, and how the team responds to the bad loss.

If they treat it like an ordinary 3-2 loss and come back and win tonight, then no big deal...they'd still be in first place even if Detroit wins tonight.

8-1 or 3-2...it's still just one loss...as long as it doesn't start a losing streak.

We'll see how it goes. But yeah, losing Oshie could be a big deal.

Guest mindfly

I could care less about the blowout loss. s*** happens. It was just one of those games. What matters is Oshie's broken ankle, and how the team responds to the bad loss.

If they treat it like an ordinary 3-2 loss and come back and win tonight, then no big deal...they'd still be in first place even if Detroit wins tonight.

8-1 or 3-2...it's still just one loss...as long as it doesn't start a losing streak.

You mean you couldn't care less? :rolleyes:

Losing Oshie hurts, but their success has been built more on team play than one player having an incredible season.

They won't be as dominant as they were but this doesn't render them useless, hurts a lot though.

What? They've played quite a few good teams so far.

They've taken 3 of 4 points from Chicago

They shutout Pittsburgh

They beat Philadelphia

And when nobody could beat Nashville, the Blues gave Nashville their first regulation loss of the season...and they shut them out in the process.

Nobody? :lol:

"You" also lost to them earlier in the year, but conveniently left that out. On top of that, Detroit beat them the very next game after St. Louis did.

It's not like they were world beaters before that *second* STL game and that did them in.

Guest Shoreline

Nobody? :lol:

"You" also lost to them earlier in the year, but conveniently left that out. On top of that, Detroit beat them the very next game after St. Louis did.

It's not like they were world beaters before that *second* STL game and that did them in.

You just don't get it.. the Blues beat fricken NASHVILLE. Then, they started off the first 13 games at 9-2-2. That just bleeds Stanley Cup Champs. Take that Detroit! *puts on a face from The Shining and stabs at a Red Wing voodoo doll*

Guest Crymson

Detroit's 21 points to St. Louis's 20 would put the former in first place.

Guest Shoreline

Detroit's 21 points to St. Louis's 20 would put the former in first place.

True -- though only if the Blues lose tonight in regulation while the Wings win.

Admittedly, it's way too early in the season to even care about this. I'd just leave the desperate Blues fan to get excited over the first 1/6th of the season. He's obviously looking, and looking very hard, for reasons to cheer his team on. I honestly think just loving hockey is enough, but deluding one's self I suppose works too. :P

Edited by Shoreline