• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaW92

Why is St. Louis doing so good?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Why couldn't wings just give him 3.5M instead and we would have been 12-0-0 by now...

Guest mindfly

Because they are going to use that money to pay Carey Price in the future, duh. :ph34r:

Oh well if that's the case I won't complain :wub:

The Blues have a sharp GM in Davidson, good young players who'll get better as they mature, and they got Halak for little in return...Things are looking pretty good.

I've been to St.Louis a handful of times when they played the Wings; every visit I had a great time chatting with Blues fans (and unlike a good number of Blackhawk fans - the Blues fans have class).

Agreed !

Guest Shoreline

I hope your other 11,426 posts made more sense than that one.

I'm saying the angry inferiority complex your fanbase employs is hilarious and one to be mocked, much like the Red Sox fanbase concerning the Yankees just before they actually won their more recent series.

I need only point to the Blues Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade Center's chants of "Red Wings suck" even when they don't play the Wings, as well as the many Blues forums that include emoticons of "Red Wings suck" as proof of this inferiority complex. Your fanbase is so affected by the Wings they chant against the Wings and not nearly as much for their own team.

Now, if words are too difficult to grasp, then maybe some pictures might help, if you're more of a visual person..

bluesfrown.gif

bluescupgx9.jpg

blues2.gif

There really isn't a reason that this team shouldn't be good. I thought Halak would be huge for this team. With a goalie that steals games (or series'), a team like the Blues could make noise. They're young, talented, and diverse in the type of young players they employ.

I don't think they have a chance at the Cup this year (although who thought Montreal was going anywhere last year.) If they picked up a top 4 d-man and another forward throughout the season they could theoretically compete.

I'm saying the angry inferiority complex your fanbase employs is hilarious and one to be mocked, much like the Red Sox fanbase concerning the Yankees just before they actually won their more recent series.

I need only point to the Blues Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade Center's chants of "Red Wings suck" even when they don't play the Wings, as well as the many Blues forums that include emoticons of "Red Wings suck" as proof of this inferiority complex. Your fanbase is so affected by the Wings they chant against the Wings and not nearly as much for their own team.

Now, if words are too difficult to grasp, then maybe some pictures might help, if you're more of a visual person..

bluesfrown.gif

bluescupgx9.jpg

blues2.gif

25i3hhdjpg.gif

No disrespect to the Blues, but a team doesn't bother me until they affect our playoff chances and the Blues haven't done that in years. They do have a solid young team - a good "CORE" as it were - and if they can prove that this isn't a fluke then it'll only make the Central better.

Guest Shoreline

25i3hhdjpg.gif

No disrespect to the Blues, but a team doesn't bother me until they affect our playoff chances and the Blues haven't done that in years. They do have a solid young team - a good "CORE" as it were - and if they can prove that this isn't a fluke then it'll only make the Central better.

Totally mad bro. I wish our Wings could be as successful. :ranting:

:lol:

ugotmemebro?

Edited by Shoreline

If you wish to enjoy your stay here I would stick with the former part of your post rather than the latter.

If I wish to enjoy my stay? I've been a member here A LOT longer than you have.

And the latter part of my earlier post was a joke.

Trying to dog a franchise that has won more cups in the past 10 years than yours has in its entire history is silly.

I try not to live in the past. I'm kinda focussed on the present right now. But thanks for the history lesson.

Edited by cprice12

Excellent goaltending in Halak and Conklin and a solid defense can take a hard working team far. Also factor in most teams probably took them for granted and let their guard down. It's cliche, but it is still early in the season and they probably will cool off. But they'll probably make playoffs this year, relatively high up, too I bet.

sucking for 3 seasons isn't very long

four of the players on their roster right now were drafted after a bad season

Yeah, I'm not sure why after only a few years of poor play (still made the playoffs two years ago though) that people forget about the long run the Blues had with pretty darn good teams throughout the 90's and early to mid 00's.

I've heard those comments before...and that just says a lot about the person making them.

Why couldn't wings just give him 3.5M instead and we would have been 12-0-0 by now...

Give who 3.5m? Halak?

The Blues didn't sign him as a free agent...they traded for him and then signed him.

My guess the Blues are doing well: I'm not going to lie. They are a good team. They have young, upstart talent that has been growing the past few seasons and after adding Halak they really are a contender in the division. I don't think they can keep up their current pace, but who can? Good luck to them, and LGW :siren:

I'm aware, but still, pretty silly considering you are basing your joke off of around 10 games.

I try not to live in the past. I'm kinda focussed on the present right now. But thanks for the history lesson.

Didn't know 2008 was history, and that the 20 years of success the Wings have had is snuffed out by a hot start.

Thanks for letting me know.

Guest mindfly

Yeah, I'm not sure why after only a few years of poor play (still made the playoffs two years ago though) that people forget about the long run the Blues had with pretty darn good teams throughout the 90's and early to mid 00's.

I've heard those comments before...and that just says a lot about the person making them.

Give who 3.5m? Halak?

The Blues didn't sign him as a free agent...they traded for him and then signed him.

Oooh and you gave up the mighty lars eller and a pick, was that it? i could give up a good prospect from the wings too if we would have gotten halak

I like how members call the Blues forum unclassy then some of our revered members take shots at the Blues franchise for no reason. Stay classy LGW.

I see it less as "taking shots" and more as showing them that while they have all the reasons in the world to be happy their team is doing very well early in the season, they should wait until the season has progressed further than a dozen games before they start "forgetting" who the Red Wings are. Joking or not, coming into a Red Wings forum and making comments like that (as if we were doing so terrible, even), is asking for our fans to have a little bit of a bad taste in our mouths.

Blues fans: Take a lesson from Hawks fans and don't do what they do. When and if you win the Cup in the near future, we'll think a lot more highly of you guys than we do of Chicago.

Totally mad bro. I wish our Wings could be as successful. :ranting:

:lol:

ugotmemebro?

:)

The reality of the present is that your team won't be relevant until they do something after April 9.

I see it less as "taking shots" and more as showing them that while they have all the reasons in the world to be happy their team is doing very well early in the season, they should wait until the season has progressed further than a dozen games before they start "forgetting" who the Red Wings are. Joking or not, coming into a Red Wings forum and making comments like that (as if we were doing so terrible, even), is asking for our fans to have a little bit of a bad taste in our mouths.

Blues fans: Take a lesson from Hawks fans and don't do what they do. When and if you win the Cup in the near future, we'll think a lot more highly of you guys than we do of Chicago.

He came in here and gave his tams props and said what his team needed to work on and then all the shots at the Blues came after Shore opened the flood gates. He wasn't combative or hostile or anything until he was provoked. Obviously the Wings are on another, but why the petty pop shots? if you're insecure or threatened by the Blues, why show it?

"ZOMG, we have teh cups more than youz. You are teh suckzor."

I'm aware, but still, pretty silly considering you are basing your joke off of around 10 games.

Well, just let me know how many games the Blues need to play before jokes are acceptable to you.

Didn't know 2008 was history,

You didn't? It was three cup finals ago...I'd say that's history. Do you want me to congratulate the Wings for their 2008 cup?

Congrats.

Better?

and that the 20 years of success the Wings have had is snuffed out by a hot start.

Thanks for letting me know.

Eh?

When did I snuff out the Wings 20 year history? I'm just don't care.

I'm kinda happy about the Blues nice start THIS SEASON...not sure why I would care about something the Wings did 20 years ago in a thread started by a Wings fan that is about the Blues hot start THIS SEASON.

Dude...don't make too much out of a joke.

It's funny because the Wings have been successful...take it as a compliment and move on. I have to explain this??

Oooh and you gave up the mighty lars eller and a pick, was that it? i could give up a good prospect from the wings too if we would have gotten halak

And I'd have won the lottery if I had picked the right numbers.

What's your point?