• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Those paying attention to the Blues could see this coming over the past couple seasons...and then they added Halak without losing anyone from their NHL roster, which instantly made them significantly better.

Great goaltending...solid system on defense...great transition game.

And they just won in Boston and beat the Rangers in NY in back to back nights without their best offensive threat (Perron) and half of their defensive corps (Polak, Carlo, Jackman)...all our out with injuries.

Really, the only thing they need to work on is the power play, which has been pretty bad. If they could get that on track a bit, they'd be dominant.

Davis Payne has done a great job since taking over last year. They've won 12 games in a row at home dating back to last season and of course are 9-1-2 so far this year, and currently #1 overall in the NHL.

Blues teams have always been known for working their asses off...and this team is no different. They work hard, and it is paying off. Hard work doesn't go into a slump.

But I can't see them keeping up this pace without either the power play improving, or them scoring more 5 on 5 goals. They can't keep winning games 1-0 and 2-1...or at least I don't think they can.

Who?

Breaks my heart hearing that Jackman is out. My very favorite cheapshot-after-the-whistle hero. :ph34r:

Somebody got him back, I'm hoping. However, kudos to your team for the time being.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#62 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Welcome to the NHL Ian Cole and Nikita Nikitin and welcome to St. Louis Vladimir Sobotka, Nathan Oystrick and Hokejista Jaroslav Halak!!! http://en.khl.ru/players/15081/

Edited by Cajanek_Spielmacher, 08 November 2010 - 07:28 PM.

PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#63 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Montreal are idiots. That's why St Louis are doing so well.

#NOMOREKINDL

#64 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

Breaks my heart hearing that Jackman is out. My very favorite cheapshot-after-the-whistle hero. :ph34r:

Somebody got him back, I'm hoping. However, kudos to your team for the time being.

I like the kid taking Jackman's place for the time being, Tyson Strachan, an absolute mammoth and I haven't seen the Jackman-type cheap s*** outta Strachan so that's good to see him gettimg some playing time.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#65 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

Blues also have cap room to go after a star if they really want to.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#66 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

Montreal are idiots. That's why St Louis are doing so well.

Or...a handful of other teams are idiots as well for not besting the Blues offer. If that's the best offer Montreal got, then shame on the other teams.

It's still a small sample size with Halak, but so far so great.

#67 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

I never said that. I only found it funny that your most recent playoff series victory against Detroit happened 19 years ago, which since then the Wings have beaten you 4 times.

I found it funny that the clip that was posted initially was from 13 years ago. So...THAT'S the best YOU'VE got? (or whoever posted it)
If you're going to knock my 19 year old clip, the 13 year old clip needs to be knocked too. You can't pick and choose...well, I guess you can because you just did...but I don't have to like it. :thumbdown:

Besides, what goes around, comes around. The Blues dominated Detroit for years. So much so that even after 15 years of dominance by Detroit over St. Louis, the Blues STILL have a winning record all-time vs. the Wings. However, the Wings no longer seem to have the Blues' number and, correct me if I am wrong, but St. Louis has won the season series against Detroit the past two years.
Now the Blues just have to come out on top in a playoff series against the Wings...they're due.

I simply responded yo your "who" comment. If you hadn't made that I wouldn't have even mentioned the Wings.

And for the 10th time...it was a joke. In other words, not to be taken seriously. And if you think about it, it is a backhanded compliment...so just roll with it.

Wings fans have been reaping the benefits of a great franchise for years. I don't see any inferiority complexes here. Just responses to a little quip of yours.

I make a one word joke and the comments flood about the number of cups this and the number of cups that.
Nah...no inferiority complex here. Carry on...nothing to see here.

For the record, the Blues are the only Central team I don't hate. It's fun to watch them play and I am looking forward to seeing how Johnson develops as a defenseman.

Stop it...you're killing the vibe we have going.

#68 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

dear blues org

Posted Image

go back to these or something similar

#69 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

I found it funny that the clip that was posted initially was from 13 years ago. So...THAT'S the best YOU'VE got? (or whoever posted it)
If you're going to knock my 19 year old clip, the 13 year old clip needs to be knocked too. You can't pick and choose...well, I guess you can because you just did...but I don't have to like it. :thumbdown:

My point was the last time the Blues have actually made waves against Detroit was 19 years back. Detroit hasn't played the Blues since 2002 when they were able to beat them in five.

Besides, what goes around, comes around. The Blues dominated Detroit for years.

That is correct.

So much so that even after 15 years of dominance by Detroit over St. Louis, the Blues STILL have a winning record all-time vs. the Wings. However, the Wings no longer seem to have the Blues' number and, correct me if I am wrong, but St. Louis has won the season series against Detroit the past two years.

I don't worry too much about season series's. Detroit beat San Jose more often than not last season and got beat in 5.

Now the Blues just have to come out on top in a playoff series against the Wings...they're due.

At least you don't have the coach Q curse anymore.

Stop it...you're killing the vibe we have going.

I calls it how i sees it. I'm not going to pretend I have some inside hatred of the Blues and I hope their entire team dies in a fiery bus crash or something.

Posted Image

#70 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

dear blues org

Posted Image

go back to these or something similar

I love those jerseys. I have one in my closet that I break out once every blue moon. (see what I did there?)

I miss 'em. But I miss most of the old jerseys from back in the 80's when I really got into hockey.

#71 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

Blues what?? Crock team finished like 20 years in the botom of NHL picked up all first round drafts. Hait this kind of teams coming big and cocky, how abou groing talent??

#72 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

#73 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

my best memory of detroit vs st. louis :thumbup: :clap:

Edited by #19=Legend, 09 November 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#74 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

Colorado started last season 10-1-2 in their first 13 games, finished 3-7-3 in their last 13. Streaks happen.

#75 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Blues what?? Crock team finished like 20 years in the botom of NHL picked up all first round drafts. Hait this kind of teams coming big and cocky, how abou groing talent??

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#76 Bluenote#24

Bluenote#24

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Colorado started last season 10-1-2 in their first 13 games, finished 3-7-3 in their last 13. Streaks happen.

Interesting point, but Colorado won most of these games on the strength of their PP and they were miserably outshot during that string of games. Trust me the lack of scoring on the PP is a hugh concern. Looking forward to many spirited battles this year with the wings.

#77 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Until St. Louis begins to falter (they'll cool off, but I doubt they'll start to tank), I'm looking at them as the real deal. Halak in net has made a huge difference so far.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#78 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

St.Louis needs to face vancouver&detroit asap... blues coming up shortly for the wings

#79 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

I haven't bothered to look at their schedule...have they had any tough opponents yet?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#80 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

I haven't bothered to look at their schedule...have they had any tough opponents yet?

2-0 win over sharks, 2-1 win (SO) over boston would be their most impressive wins... they got 4 ot/so wins... lost in a few ot/so as well, they havent really won 4-0, 5-1 etc, only tight games..