• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/8 GDT: Coyotes 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest Stolberg

Okay Jimmy, let the new streak begin.

yimmy is great at recovering from bad games.

i think cleary should grow the beard back since he's playing like playoff dan

Hopefully Jovo still has whatever illness he had to keep him out of the lineup.

Apparently his clap cleared up and he was able to make the game :lol:

Wings didn't play too terribly well, so I'm glad they were able to pull off a win.

Some random comments from the people sitting behind me that made me lol tonight:

"Is that Modano, like Mike Modano? Is he a Red Wing now? Didn't he play for the Stars?"

Guy: "We need to score on this power play!!!" Guy's friend: "Yeah, the power play ended 2 minutes ago"

"The Red Wings are like the Yankees of hockey"

sigh...

Wings didn't play too terribly well, so I'm glad they were able to pull off a win.

Some random comments from the people sitting behind me that made me lol tonight:

"Is that Modano, like Mike Modano? Is he a Red Wing now? Didn't he play for the Stars?"

Guy: "We need to score on this power play!!!" Guy's friend: "Yeah, the power play ended 2 minutes ago"

Please tell me you're kidding...

sigh...

For the people who were at the game (not sure if you could hear it through the tv), did anyone else hear jimmys head bounce off the post when he got injured? I was sitting in 219 which was on the opposite side of the ice from jimmy when he got hurt. Holy bajeesus was that loud....

why does everyone criticize Salei's play? I think that he was shaky for the first few games of the season, but ever since then he has been solid as a 6'th dman. Not flashy but reliable. I feel safer with Salei as the 6'th compared to having Lilja.

I don't see any problems with Salei. He jumps up on the play and I haven't noticed him getting caught out of position. He's not a star obviously but I have yet to scream at him on my TV like I did with Lebda.

The things that bugged me most about the WIngs was their lack of communication, though. They were running into each other, making blind passes toward their own net, and constantly overskating the puck. That's what other teams do, not the Red Wings.

But a win is a win.

Edited by VM1138

I don't know. I was at the game last night but it really wasn't quite as intense as it looked. There were certain players doing well last night (like Datsyuk, Lidstrom, etc) but until the third period, it was kind of lame. This was one of the less eventful hockey games I've been to, even with the over time. I was pretty disappointed. There wasn't a whole lot of energy going on until the middle of the third period.

Guest mindfly

I don't know. I was at the game last night but it really wasn't quite as intense as it looked. There were certain players doing well last night (like Datsyuk, Lidstrom, etc) but until the third period, it was kind of lame. This was one of the less eventful hockey games I've been to, even with the over time. I was pretty disappointed. There wasn't a whole lot of energy going on until the middle of the third period.

Trust me "coldfrenchfries" it didn't look intense at all, s***ty game i agree.

sigh...

Was it the lower bowl with the corporate folks who couldn't care less about hockey? Or the upper bowl with the rest of us commoners? I'd be much more understanding of that if the people who were saying that were in business suits, or had had a few.

Was it the lower bowl with the corporate folks who couldn't care less about hockey? Or the upper bowl with the rest of us commoners? I'd be much more understanding of that if the people who were saying that were in business suits, or had had a few.

Well, we started in 215, but after the first period we noticed some empties down in section 110, so we "upgraded" our seats :cool: (awesome view of Z's OT game winner, btw)

They weren't wearing suits, but were buying beers in spades :beerbuddy:

Guest mjtm77

I say we sit Franzen for a game if he keeps performing like this. He usualy comes back alot stronger if he gets benched or has to sit a while

I say we sit Franzen for a game if he keeps performing like this. He usualy comes back alot stronger if he gets benched or has to sit a while

Why, because he cooled off?

He is still doing his damnedest out there. The line is just cool right now. That happens in an 82 game season.

He is still doing his damnedest out there. The line is just cool right now. That happens in an 82 game season.

He's still got that hip flexor right now that's slowing him down for sure. We need to wrap him in the finest bubble wrap available or something.

He's still got that hip flexor right now that's slowing him down for sure. We need to wrap him in the finest bubble wrap available or something.

This. I've noticed it the past few games, he just doesn't have that jump like in the beginning of the season.

Yeah, it's ok for Franzen to be trying hard and not producing, but when it's Hudler trying hard and not producing much on the scoresheet it's "trade that little bastard!"

Must be a size thing.

Yeah, it's ok for Franzen to be trying hard and not producing, but when it's Hudler trying hard and not producing much on the scoresheet it's "trade that little bastard!"

Must be a size thing.

The difference is that Franzen has been proven to score in bursts the last couple years.

Hudler has been gone for a year. We don't know how he is going to play after being away from the NHL. As of right now it isn't looking good with him being unable to score a goal, yet.

The difference is that Franzen has been proven to score in bursts the last couple years.

Hudler has been gone for a year. We don't know how he is going to play after being away from the NHL. As of right now it isn't looking good with him being unable to score a goal, yet.

It's ok to say that size matters, Doc. Haha.

I think the main difference is that Franzen has done something, anything, to this point in the season, whereas Hudler has not. If you score goals in six straight games or whatever, then don't score for a few games, that's hockey. If you don't score at all for a dozen games, that's a problem.

Guest Crymson

Must be a size thing.

Franzen has six goals and three assists. He's a +4. He's rightly seen as a scoring threat by the opposition. He is solid defensively, and he brings a good two-way game. He's tough to knock off the puck, and so he's valuable in a puck-possession system even when he's not directly contributing on the scoreboard. He's responsible and he rarely gives the puck away.

Hudler has three assists this season; all of them were on the power play, and on only one of them--his shot which Franzen redirected in last month's second game against Phoenix--was his effort very significant. He currently has the worst +/- on the team. His removal from the 3rd line--and his subsequent replacement by Abdelkader--helped ignite that line's scoring. He is poor defensively. He is easily knocked off the puck, and so has it taken away from him often. He's prone to irresponsible giveaways in both zones. He is, quite simply, a liability when he's not scoring.

Try again, Eva.