• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#41 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

I live in Windsor, so for me a game would cost $7.50 round trip tunnel bus right to the Joe, then ~$30 for tickets upper bowl, blue line. I'm not quite 21 so usually I dont waste money on $8.75 beers. Sometimes I go and my beer tab runs up higher than the tickets or transportation to the game.

Anyhow, I cannot complain about the prices! A regular season Wings game for me costs about $40-45. :clap:

Not going to make it tonight, I usually try only for weekend games as the traffic at the border can be bad trying to get across during the week for a 7pm start.

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

I always seem to forget that public transporation hardly exist in the U.S, although i thought gas was very cheap when i was there last time, but i didnt drive a ford tundra or dodge ram or whatnot, food and beer you can easily avoid.. and you can get the cheapest tickets arent they like 30bucks?

Well, you're a much grater person than I am if you can drive 4.5 hours, watch a 3 hour game and drive another 4.5 hours and not eat anything. So yes, you need to include food.

But if you don't eat or drink anything you're still looking at 200 bucks in gas, 35 bucks for tickets, 20 bucks for parking. That's between 250 and 260 in costs if you do the bare minimum for people like me who don't live near Detroit.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

I live in Windsor, so for me a game would cost $7.50 round trip tunnel bus right to the Joe, then ~$30 for tickets upper bowl, blue line. I'm not quite 21 so usually I dont waste money on $8.75 beers. Sometimes I go and my beer tab runs up higher than the tickets or transportation to the game.

Anyhow, I cannot complain about the prices! A regular season Wings game for me costs about $40-45. :clap:

Not going to make it tonight, I usually try only for weekend games as the traffic at the border can be bad trying to get across during the week for a 7pm start.

After you turn 21, it's pretty hard to resist your first beer at the Joe.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#44 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Franzen gets number 100 tonight !!!

#45 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Much attention for this game as it's the only game of the day in the nhl and will be broadcasted nation wide on versus and on TSN for canada... hope wings show up

TSN's website says TSN2. If I have Centre Ice/Sports Pack does that mean I'm not getting this game???
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

It seems like every game I go to is on VS. the last year or so. Looking forward to this one tonight. Hopefully we do a good job of bouncing back from that tough loss against Vancouver on Saturday.

Posted Image

#47 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I always seem to forget that public transporation hardly exist in the U.S, although i thought gas was very cheap when i was there last time, but i didnt drive a ford tundra or dodge ram or whatnot, food and beer you can easily avoid.. and you can get the cheapest tickets arent they like 30bucks?

Most people in Michigan are hard up for cash, though, too. So while 30 bucks plus gas and whatever may be "reasonable" relative to other sporting events and whatnot it's still hard to justify the expenditures sometimes.

EDIT: And Michigan is a big state, so gas can REALLY pile up if you live outside of the Metro area.

Edited by VM1138, 08 November 2010 - 02:00 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#48 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I hope Franzen gets his 100th tonight. Rafs should have a good game, probably putting up at least an assist on the PP.

Thank God Doan is out, means our players are a lot safer haha.

#49 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

After you turn 21, it's pretty hard to resist your first beer at the Joe.

Very true. They're $8 or so, but at least they're 20oz. Plus, beer is a game time necessity :beerbuddy:

#50 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

4-1 wings win
Hank, Mule, Huds :scared:, Fil
Whitney

#51 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

I'm Chatham area so for me its pretty easy to scoop up game day tickets cheap on stub hub last minute. If its a friday and nothing is going on you can always try to pick up some tickets, get a car load of buddies, pay 5 bucks each for gas and about 30 for the tickets. We usually take the tunnel bus too so we only pay like5 bucks parking at the tunnel bbq.

Its pretty convenient, last year we scooped up tickets at 2 in the afternoon drove down and watched Franzen score those 4 goals in the playoffs against the sharks. The tickets we got were under 40 dollars :thumbup:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#52 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Damn if i lived anywhere in michigan i would go to every other game or so

Me too, Mindfly. I'd willingly give up other stuff I'm used to having to do just that. And when I read where posters ***** about the same old music, etc. at every game I cannot help but roll my eyes. :blink:

THANK YOU.

Re: Rafalski being in tonight. :colorbounce: :w00t2:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#53 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hopefully Jovo still has whatever illness he had to keep him out of the lineup.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#54 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Wings traditionally struggle mightily first game back after a western road trip.....I'm nervous.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#55 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

i predict that bert will give the evil eye to jovo and aucoin like he does every other phx - det game

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

If Jovanovski does play, I wouldn't be surprised to see pushing and shoving between him and Bertuzzi like in the playoffs.

#57 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees 4-Wes McCauley & 40-Steve Kozari Linesmen 88-Steve Driscoll & 89-Steve Miller

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

Red Wings lineup has been fully updated to include Miller as the scratch.

#59 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

hmm.... Wings on Tsn or midnight opening for COD with friends. Ill be choosing wings game for sure
Posted Image

#60 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

I wonder if the JLA faithful will start booing hudler soon, or is that only in canada/montreal/europe/soccer they do that when a player sucks, i think some boo's would light a fire under hudler's ass, he didn't take sitting in the pressbox seriously enough...i bet holland regret he signed his sorry ass

Edited by mindfly, 08 November 2010 - 04:17 PM.