• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Playing superbly. :thumbup:

Has turned our dreadful 3rd line into our current most productive line.

He hits, he plays with an edge, he's good on faceoffs, he goes hard to the net.

Anyone else really, really like this guy?

I ******* love him. My favorite Red Wings player at the moment. Love everything about the guy. One of the key pieces to the future of this team imo.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Ever since he scored the game winner in the NCAA Championship back in 07 I've been a huge fan of his.

Guy needs to learn how to fight, though.

He scored 50 goals while taking boxing lessons in juniors.

Wait. :ph34r:

Guest Crymson

He really developed his game over the off season, he really has figured out how to protect the puck and use his strength to shield. Honestly his game last night against the Yotes was probably the best he's played....he could be dangerous on the 3rd line.

I've been impressed by how powerful he is on the puck. He certainly is very physically strong. One thing's for sure: he has played his way into a permanent spot in the lineup, and he won't be getting scratched unless he has ten horrible games in a row. Aside from simply playing very well, he puts forth a ton of effort on every shift and in general brings something to the team that it may be lacking otherwise.

Edited by Crymson

He is hard worker and has taken the 3rd line into a point producing line.

I am now in the debating process if the investment of an Abby jersey. I wanna make sure he is going to be there for a while and not buy it and then he gets shipped off.

What you guys think?

He is hard worker and has taken the 3rd line into a point producing line.

I am now in the debating process if the investment of an Abby jersey. I wanna make sure he is going to be there for a while and not buy it and then he gets shipped off.

What you guys think?

I'm all for it. I've got a blank jersey that I was thinking of maybe getting Helm or Abdelkader put on, but I've got way too big of a man-crush on Kronner not to put 55 on the back.

Anyone else remember when he had his amateur tryout? I had no idea what the hell that was until Kader had his. I still remember he almost scored a goal his first game during said tryout. I watching him play right off the bat. I'm weighing the possibility of #8 being my next jersey purchase. Definitely hope to see him wearing the Winged wheel for a long time.

Edited by henrik40

I'm all for it. I've got a blank jersey that I was thinking of maybe getting Helm or Abdelkader put on, but I've got way too big of a man-crush on Kronner not to put 55 on the back.

See I've had a man crush on Abbey since he appeared with the Wings in the playoffs two years ago soooo I'd feel unfaithful if I didn't put his on mine! :P

Ever since he scored the game winner in the NCAA Championship back in 07 I've been a huge fan of his.

Guy needs to learn how to fight, though.

but fighting is useless....

abby is finally turninig into the power forward that I knew he would when most pegged him as a 4th line grinder.

love the kid

Edited by redwingfan19

Guest Heaten

but fighting is useless....

abby is finally turninig into the power forward that I knew he would when most pegged him as a 4th line grinder.

love the kid

I had him pegged as a 4th line grinder... albeit, a very clutch 4th liner with McCarty like scoring touch in big games, but I may have underrated him.

Love what Abby has been doing. I could definitely see him being a 20 goal scorer in the next couple of years, and likely even this year.

Its just the way he goes into the corners and fights for pucks, forechecks, hits, and always moves his feet.

Sure, he could improve a little at fighting, but the mere fact that he DOES fight is encouraging. A lot of guys who lose their first couple of fights would tend to avoid them all together, but Abby seems to enjoy it.

I'm liking him.

Between him and Helm, the future looks bright.

I've heard that the two of them are referred to by the rest of the team as "Dumb and Dumber", but I hope that isn't in a bad way.

Not to mention that he has spawned more nicknames than few others before him.

i think maltby and draper came up with these nicknames for darren and justin

Playing superbly. :thumbup:

Has turned our dreadful 3rd line into our current most productive line.

He hits, he plays with an edge, he's good on faceoffs, he goes hard to the net.

Anyone else really, really like this guy?

I'm with you... Abby brings some young North America to that 3rd line and its been just what the Doctor ordered! Hudler may have more skill but Abby has the heart and style we need... trade Hudler and get something we need in return! Keep it up and stay healthy Abby!

:rolleyes:

Lets wait till he scores at least 20 goals before we start getting into that.

I basically see Abby as a Cleary who hits more and fights. I would say his ceiling would be higher than cleary's as well. I'm thinking he scores 20 next year and will eventually replace bertuzzi on the second line.