• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

McGrattan and Boyd placed on waivers

Rate this topic

I'm sorry, the guy is one hell of a tough guy and team player, but he is a HORRIBLE hockey player at this stage in his career... he's about as slow as they come and has hands made of concrete covered in brick and then re-covered in concrete... hopefully he goes on to have a decent TV career, but he really should probably just hang them up...

I'm sorry, the guy is one hell of a tough guy and team player, but he is a HORRIBLE hockey player at this stage in his career... he's about as slow as they come and has hands made of concrete covered in brick and then re-covered in concrete... hopefully he goes on to have a decent TV career, but he really should probably just hang them up...

People said that about Kocur, oh about January 1997. Somehow that worked out alright for him... Just sayin' !!!

For claritys sake, the above was used as an example only. I am in no way in support of bringing in McGrattan as a reclamation project.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm all for replacing Hudler but not for either of those guys. Pass and pass.

People said that about Kocur, oh about January 1997. Somehow that worked out alright for him... Just sayin' !!!

For claritys sake, the above was used as an example only. I am in no way in support of bringing in McGrattan as a reclamation project.

Apples to Oranges... it was a WAY different league in 1997 and a guy could get by without being a very strong skater back then... that doesn't apply today.

Apples to Oranges... it was a WAY different league in 1997 and a guy could get by without being a very strong skater back then... that doesn't apply today.

Funny. Never read an article about Boogaard's skating prowess. Or most of the tough guys in the league today. Hell, half of this sight wanted Downey back. Talk about doesn't apply today.

Funny. Never read an article about Boogaard's skating prowess. Or most of the tough guys in the league today. Hell, half of this sight wanted Downey back. Talk about doesn't apply today.

Boogard was the 3rd worst contract of the off-season and is still a better skater than McGratton... most of the other "tough guys" in today's league can skate pretty well as a matter of fact and add hard fore-checking along with their fists (at bare minimum) as well... hell, I would have rather had Downey than McGratton at this stage... name me one every day tough guy in this league today that isn't at least a good energy guy who can skate well and hit in addition to fighting...

Boogard was the 3rd worst contract of the off-season and is still a better skater than McGratton... most of the other "tough guys" in today's league can skate pretty well as a matter of fact and add hard fore-checking along with their fists (at bare minimum) as well... hell, I would have rather had Downey than McGratton at this stage... name me one every day tough guy in this league today that isn't at least a good energy guy who can skate well and hit in addition to fighting...

While I agree that they are an endangered species, the NHL does have a few goons. Wade Belak, David Koci, Trevor Gillies, and Steve MacIntyre are a few guys that pop up in my mind. None of them can skate, and none of them can do anything offensively. So while they aren't as common as years ago, those type of guys are still around.

Goons are just completely useless in today's game.

If they were totally useless, they wouldn't get contracts. Most enforcers can skate nowadays, but I don't think guys like McGrattan are totally useless. Dress em up for the games you know are gonna be rough, to make the opposition think twice about taking hacks and whacks at your finesse guys.

Here's an idea, if everyone wants to get rid of Piddler, trade him for a pick and let Miller and Eaves play everyday and even when Draper comes back, Holland will still have room for an injury call up. At least Miller and Eaves know AND execute their roles, Piddler is just a waste of $2.8M...

I don't know much about McGratton, but it seems we are doing alright with what we have, except with Piddler on this team Babcock cannot ice the best team he has...

Goons are just completely useless in today's game.

...as are 5'2" players who cannot fight for the puck and has lost any resemblance of a scoring touch he once had.

Here's an idea, if everyone wants to get rid of Piddler, trade him for a pick and let Miller and Eaves play everyday and even when Draper comes back, Holland will still have room for an injury call up. At least Miller and Eaves know AND execute their roles, Piddler is just a waste of $2.8M...

I don't know much about McGratton, but it seems we are doing alright with what we have, except with Piddler on this team Babcock cannot ice the best team he has...

McGrattan's a goon. He cleared waivers today. I'd be happy if Hudler was shipped outta town. He needs a change of scenery.

If they were totally useless, they wouldn't get contracts. Most enforcers can skate nowadays, but I don't think guys like McGrattan are totally useless. Dress em up for the games you know are gonna be rough, to make the opposition think twice about taking hacks and whacks at your finesse guys.

I dunno, Lebda is useless and he still got a contract. Your point is moot.

Hopefully he gets playing time somewhere. It would suck to see him retire so early, kimd of like Riley Cote in Philly.

Although you never want to see a guy lose his livelihood, he's simply not an NHL caliber player... he could probably make a decent career signing 2-way deals and jumping between the AHL and NHL for a half a dozen years, but I think any NHL team would be insane to carry him on their 23 man roster given the current landscape of the NHL and what he offers...

Although you never want to see a guy lose his livelihood, he's simply not an NHL caliber player... he could probably make a decent career signing 2-way deals and jumping between the AHL and NHL for a half a dozen years, but I think any NHL team would be insane to carry him on their 23 man roster given the current landscape of the NHL and what he offers...

McGrattan is as good a player as some of the other pure enforcers in hockey.

Based on your post, most of the teams in the NHL are insane.

McGrattan is as good a player as some of the other pure enforcers in hockey.

Based on your post, most of the teams in the NHL are insane.

There's still a few pure goons that are hanging around. Parros in Anaheim, Boulton in Atlanta, Boogaard at MSG, Gillies on long island, King in Washington, Belak in Nashville, MacIntyre in Edmonton, Orr in Toronto, Carkner in Ottawa, Hordichuk in Florida..right off the top of my head.

I think we can take Boogaard off the list of goons now, and move him to the highly skilled players who can fight list after his goal Tuesday night. 1st goal in 49 fights. Or since 2006, when Anaheim still had that stupid duck bill goalie mask. Way to change your style of play to stay relevant.

I think we can take Boogaard off the list of goons now, and move him to the highly skilled players who can fight list after his goal Tuesday night. 1st goal in 49 fights. Or since 2006, when Anaheim still had that stupid duck bill goalie mask. Way to change your style of play to stay relevant.

Datsyuk hangs with Boogie in the summer, Dats has a fight, Boogie scores a goal. Coincidence?

esteef

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lets trade Huder for Boogie. Then the name BOOGIE can be on the back of his jersey. I would so buy it. Number 00 BOOGIE. LETS GO BOOGIE! clap clap clap clap clap