• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zion

Music at the Joe

Rate this topic

Guest Stolberg
If they gonna stick with the electronic music,let it be the Detroit techno

get some derrick may and juan atkins up in there. probably too "obscure" for the stadium atmosphere though

the joe should play some stooges and mc5 too

Guest mjtm77

why watch it then?

grew up with hockey. I live and breath hockey every day of my life.

So ur sayin I cant comment on the truth that the NHL has took steps backwards over the years?

Guest Stolberg

there's more to hockey than the nhl. plenty of other leagues you could watch if you love hockey so much

So ur sayin I cant comment on the truth that the NHL has took steps backwards over the years?

where did i say that

Why would you say such horrible things? I think you should watch Robocop 50 or 100 times and get your head right.

I would lose my s*** if the Red Wings came out to the Robocop theme.

Robocop's good but this would be better IMO! :P

Imagine the other team we face thinking " Oh f***!!" "What did we get ourselves into?"

Robocop's good but this would be better IMO! :P

Imagine the other team we face thinking " Oh f***!!" "What did we get ourselves into?"

Not a chance, here. Robocop is seriously my favorite movie of all time. My band once used it as our entrance music for an entire tour.

i hate it....I HATE IT!!!! "Get ready for this" has been the goal song for like 15 years and it should stay that way.

Yeah, "Get Ready For This" and "Hey Hey Hockeytown" for the goal songs. Everything else can go away.

I heard the Lady Gaga on TV and it immediately seemed out of the ordinary. THe music seemed very clubby and not aimed at a sports atmosphere. Music is the one area where the Wings management has really dropped the ball (or is he employed separately by the JLA?)

EDIT: Side note, why are all the videos being posted on the forums no longer allowed to be played here? I keep getting a message saying Youtube has disabled embedded videos.

Edited by VM1138

Yeah, "Get Ready For This" and "Hey Hey Hockeytown" for the goal songs. Everything else can go away.

This.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the disgrace of this club music. I work for the American Forces Network, and our radio shows are LITTERED with this crap. I'm afraid to go into the studio(s) to work on something, in fear of walking into "P-P-P-Poker Face, P-P-Po-ker Face".

Just. Awful.

Guest Stolberg

This.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the disgrace of this club music. I work for the American Forces Network, and our radio shows are LITTERED with this crap. I'm afraid to go into the studio(s) to work on something, in fear of walking into "P-P-P-Poker Face, P-P-Po-ker Face".

Just. Awful.

so you want them to keep "get ready for this" but you're complaining about them playing club music

makes sense

I've hated the music at the Joe for years and it doesn't really change. Everyone I know feels the same way. A couple of years ago during the opening round of the playoffs they were playing Jesus Jones during warm-ups. JESUS JONES!!! WTF!? How in the hell is anyone supposed to get fired up to that? I can't figure out why they play Shipping Up to Boston. If we lived in Boston, fine. We don't. Drop the song. Bad enough we have to put up with that terrible Journey song so the sheep can sing along to "South Detroit!" Shameful, people, just shameful.

I was in Nashville a few weeks ago to see the Preds vs. Pens. The only awful song I heard was that horrible YMCA song that everyone plays. By the way, that arena is what the new arena here should be like. It is FANTASTIC. On a side note, sorry to say but the Nashville fans were WAY more in to the game more than the average Wings crowd. Maybe it was the Crosby hate but it was damn fun.

I've hated the music at the Joe for years and it doesn't really change. Everyone I know feels the same way. A couple of years ago during the opening round of the playoffs they were playing Jesus Jones during warm-ups. JESUS JONES!!! WTF!? How in the hell is anyone supposed to get fired up to that? I can't figure out why they play Shipping Up to Boston. If we lived in Boston, fine. We don't. Drop the song. Bad enough we have to put up with that terrible Journey song so the sheep can sing along to "South Detroit!" Shameful, people, just shameful.

I was in Nashville a few weeks ago to see the Preds vs. Pens. The only awful song I heard was that horrible YMCA song that everyone plays. By the way, that arena is what the new arena here should be like. It is FANTASTIC. On a side note, sorry to say but the Nashville fans were WAY more in to the game more than the average Wings crowd. Maybe it was the Crosby hate but it was damn fun.

are they still announcing what icing is after whistle there? lol

the Joe rocks.. plain and simple!

I went a couple weeks ago and they played cuts from this.....

I don't know why but I jsut watched that entire stupid video with my eyes glued to the screen. I want that two minutes and 54 seconds of my life back.

Edited by Lord Stanely