• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Play-by-Play Announcers

Rate this topic

Emerick is terrible, he has a vocabulary of about 5 words and his voice is beyond awful, and all he knows about is the ahl, college, and pittsburgh.

THorne is an obvious one, strader isn't too bad. Up until this year the stars guys were really good, maybe they got yelled at for not being homer enough. For along time i hated Randy Hahn, but he seems better now. Forslund has a pretty good voice but what he says is pretty annoying along with the way he says goal

Can't go wrong with that. Gary Thorne had a ton of great calls:

-'97 Finals: "McCarty drives, McCarty in..McCarty..SCORES!!!!!! A MAGINIFICENT GOAL!!! DARREN MCCARTY!!!!

-'98 Finals: "SCORES!! KRIS DRAPER!! THE INCREDIBLE COMEBACK IS COMPLETE!!!

Those were the days

"Off the floor, on the board"

Can't go wrong with that. Gary Thorne had a ton of great calls:

-'97 Finals: "McCarty drives, McCarty in..McCarty..SCORES!!!!!! A MAGINIFICENT GOAL!!! DARREN MCCAAHTY!!!!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Had to listen to the Pitts' announcers the other night because they were the only ones available. I got a kick out of their 180-degree description of stick-holding. When the other guy did it, it was a blatant penalty. When their guy did it, he was just holding it up high enough so the refs could see it and call interference. :ph34r:

I think our guys are really quite unbiased, and Mickey especially gets on our guys for iffy play. And they both praise other teams' players. The only thing that's frustrating about Mickey is that he interrupts Ken and Larry way too often. It's like he's not really listening and plows right on with whatever he thinks is important at the moment. Other than that, I think they're two of the best out there. I also like Doc Emrich (sp?). But I really miss Clement and Thorne. And ESPN. :(

EDIT: Mebee I should have posted this in the "stupid stuff announcers say"...?! :blush: The hell with it. I meant well. :P

Edited by Vladifan

Ken and Mickey, Dave Strader, and Ken and Paul on the radio.

I have a soft spot for Ken Kal. That's my dog Loki with him on the intros of Red Wings TV.

Guest Shoreline

(TSN)

(SportsNet/LeafsTV/TSN)

(SportsNet) [<-- one of the best series of fights I've seen]

Had to listen to the Pitts' announcers the other night because they were the only ones available. I got a kick out of their 180-degree description of stick-holding. When the other guy did it, it was a blatant penalty. When their guy did it, he was just holding it up high enough so the refs could see it and call interference. :ph34r:

I think our guys are really quite unbiased, and Mickey especially gets on our guys for iffy play. And they both praise other teams' players. The only thing that's frustrating about Mickey is that he interrupts Ken and Larry way too often. It's like he's not really listening and plows right on with whatever he thinks is important at the moment. Other than that, I think they're two of the best out there. I also like Doc Emrich (sp?). But I really miss Clement and Thorne. And ESPN. :(

EDIT: Mebee I should have posted this in the "stupid stuff announcers say"...?! :blush: The hell with it. I meant well. :P

the wings guys are homers, not the worst, but they aren't unbiased most of the time, unless it is a new age penalty call in which they generally are even

Emerick is terrible, he has a vocabulary of about 5 words and his voice is beyond awful, and all he knows about is the ahl, college, and pittsburgh.

Forslund has a pretty good voice but what he says is pretty annoying along with the way he says goal

Emerick - Disagree, and agree... speaks well but what a terrible voice!

Forslund - good god I hate that, it sounds like a cheesy "B" movie voice saying "ghoul" in a weak slasher flick.

He's a lot like the TSN or Rogers guy that does Oilers (I think, may be Flames) in that I can listen to him.. RIGHT up until he says either Goal or Scores.

I'll add more in a minute...

Emerick - Disagree, and agree... speaks well but what a terrible voice!

Forslund - good god I hate that, it sounds like a cheesy "B" movie voice saying "ghoul" in a weak slasher flick.

He's a lot like the TSN or Rogers guy that does Oilers (I think, may be Flames) in that I can listen to him.. RIGHT up until he says either Goal or Scores.

I'll add more in a minute...

the flames guy is the guy who says sceeeeeeeeeeoors when the flames score, the oilers guy is pretty good

I thought everyone hated Gary Thorne? I love him too. He's the voice of my childhood and so many amazing Wings moments.

I love Ken Daniels. He has a passion in his voice in big moments that can be paralelled by few. Just watch Cleary's goal in Game 7 against Anaheim. s*** tears me up everytime.

Rick Jeanneret, Rick Jeanneret, Rick Jeanneret. Love him. Some people hate him too.

Rick moments...

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings