• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

theman19

stupid stuff other teams announce crews say.

Rate this topic

The other day there was an article on puckdaddy where Adam Lambert, one of their guys who has a serious hate-on for the wings bitched for a good half an article about how homerific Mickey Redmond is.

Homer or not, I really appreciate how intelligent and hockey smart our announce team at FSD is. I watch a ton of games online and some of these guys are total jokes when it comes to knowledge about other teams.

I'm watching the ducks/sharks game (I was bored)when the ducks announce crew steps to this segment about the next ducks game which is about the islanders. After talking about John Tavares for a while and showing footage of him being drafted first overall, one of the guys goes; "So Tavares and the islanders here next game" His partner goes "How about that dubinsky he's got X amount of points in X games,....so the ducks will need to watch out for both Him and Tavares next game" or something to that effect.

Now I know mistakes happen, Dubinsky plays for the rangers not the islanders, they're both new york teams,...I get it. I guess i'm spoiled, I just don't see Mick or Cal making that kind of mistake.

This isn't the first mistake i've heard listening to opposing teams broadcast crew. What have you guys heard that made you go; "you're payed to watch hockey and you said that?"

Edited by theman19

The other day there was an article on puckdaddy where Adam Lambert, one of their guys who has a serious hate-on for the wings bitched for a good half an article about how homerific Mickey Redmond is.

Homer or not, I really appreciate how intelligent and hockey smart our announce team at FSD is. I watch a ton of games online and some of these guys are total jokes when it comes to knowledge about other teams.

I'm watching the ducks/sharks game (I was bored)when the ducks announce crew steps to this segment about the next ducks game which is about the islanders. After talking about John Tavares for a while and showing footage of him being drafted first overall, one of the guys goes; "So Tavares and the islanders here next game" His partner goes "How about that dubinsky he's got X amount of points in X games,....so the ducks will need to watch out for both Him and Tavares next game" or something to that effect.

Now I know mistakes happen, Dubinsky plays for the rangers not the islanders, they're both new york teams,...I get it. I guess i'm spoiled, I just don't see Mick or Cal making that kind of mistake.

This isn't the first mistake i've heard listening to opposing teams broadcast crew. What have you guys heard that made you go; "you're payed to watch hockey and you said that?"

That article was so stupid. I get more and more turned off to Puckdaddy every day.

Boston's announcer is horrendous.

Did he really throw in a "not..." at the end of the fight call? Holy smokes.

Guest Stolberg

jack edwards is the most entertaining pbp announcer. he's demented and doesn't look anything like his voice.

recently in a caps-bruins game, thomas denied knuble and he said "he ka-new where Knuble was gonna be."

Boston's announcer is horrendous.

Agreed. I watch a lot of Boston games and he is the worst.

He always goes with the same words and expressions too. Chara never, ever just takes a shot. It's always a bomb. "Chara with the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhmb!"

Noone ever just takes a hit. Its always a hammering or a plastering. "...and Lucic HAMMMMMERS him!"

The man is way too excited, almost all of the time.

The sad part is, when you start to notice and get annoyed, there's no turning back. You just know that you're going to absolutely detest him within a few games, and find new faults every time he opens his mouth.

The guy from NBC, not sure which one it is... He says waffle board around twenty times a game.

"Howard waffle boards the puck into the corner"

I want to punch him in the mouth every time he says it.

Bob Errey is the biggest assclown along with Pittsburgh's play-by-play guy. I hate listening to them. The San Jose crew is very annoying to me, as well. Dallas' TV crew is a blast to listen to. Darryl Reaugh is a riot!

This, this, a thousand times, this. Absolutely awful.

Katie-bar-the-door, bingo-bango, gingerales, 19,000 referees disagree with that call...

Oh, wait. We love that stuff.... :rolleyes:

yeah well, like my original post says, at least our guy knows what teams guys play for.

^^^I agree with you. Of course pbp and color guys are going to shine up to the home team, but Ken (and to a lesser extent, imho, Mickey) are always pointing out highlights of the opponent team and players. And Ken and Mickey are pretty darned knowledgeable!!

mildly offtopic , trying to be funny.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Bob Errey is the biggest assclown along with Pittsburgh's play-by-play guy. I hate listening to them. The San Jose crew is very annoying to me, as well. Dallas' TV crew is a blast to listen to. Darryl Reaugh is a riot!

Yes. I hate Bob Errey so much. Having to watch them was absolutely miserable. Then, I heard a guy say that Errey wasn't enough of a homer.

The guy from NBC, not sure which one it is... He says waffle board around twenty times a game.

"Howard waffle boards the puck into the corner"

I want to punch him in the mouth every time he says it.

Doc Emerik. I love Doc. He has a couple annoying tendencies, but I love his voice and his emotional attachment to the sport. He'll always have a leg up just for his call of Kessler's goal in the Olympics.

Katie-bar-the-door, bingo-bango, gingerales, 19,000 referees disagree with that call...

Oh, wait. We love that stuff.... :rolleyes:

None of those are said nearly as much as the gimmicks other announcers use.

I feel more like I'm in a conversation with Mick and Ken, whereas other announcers I feel like they're trying to give me a pep talk and it gets annoying.

I watch a LOT of hockey and the Sharks announcers irritate me the most. They constantly call the players by their first names - (and it reminds me of in high school where you try to act like you know the cool kids by waving to them in the hall and saying their name). So you hear a lot of "Joe passes to Joe who passes to Patrick..blah blah blah". Annoying!

Of course I favor the Wings announcers - Mickey rules! But I also find the Preds announcers, Pete Weber and Terry Crisp, hockey smart and they tell a lot of stories from the old school days like Mickey does. They also speak highly of other teams. Last time they played here they went on and on about how good the Wings were and how much they love to come to Detroit and spend time with Mickey and talk about old times and have a few ginger ales.

And I totally agree about Bob Errey. He's not just a homer, he's a homer with a bad attitude.

The Penguins announcers are terrible. Errey and Paul Steigerwald both are beyond homerish. I swear, every time a Penguin hits the ice (almost like a reflex), Steigerwald says "<name> hits the ground, no penalty." I mean, the guy could lose an edge and he'll say that. They were the ones the joked about Hobey Baker crashing.

Doc Emerik. I love Doc. He has a couple annoying tendencies, but I love his voice and his emotional attachment to the sport. He'll always have a leg up just for his call of Kessler's goal in the Olympics.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

every damn time someone takes a shot.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Eddie. That guy is the biggest hawks sucker ever. And he has nothing else to say besides "forehand backhand, amazing goal". Yes Eddie of course he switched sides of the blade. That's how you deke. He's an ass clown. I miss watching OT playoff hockey with Gary Thorne. I really like how he could make everything sound so important. no play could be taken lightly.