Photo
- - - - -

stupid stuff other teams announce crews say.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

The pitt crew with Bob Erry, the dude from Boston and of course Mr. Penishead himself.

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#22 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Burnt Biscuit

Posted Image

#23 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

The Penguins announcers are terrible. Errey and Paul Steigerwald both are beyond homerish. I swear, every time a Penguin hits the ice (almost like a reflex), Steigerwald says "<name> hits the ground, no penalty." I mean, the guy could lose an edge and he'll say that. They were the ones the joked about Hobey Baker crashing.

#24 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

Doc Emerik. I love Doc. He has a couple annoying tendencies, but I love his voice and his emotional attachment to the sport. He'll always have a leg up just for his call of Kessler's goal in the Olympics.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

every damn time someone takes a shot.

#25 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Surprised nobody has mentioned Eddie. That guy is the biggest hawks sucker ever. And he has nothing else to say besides "forehand backhand, amazing goal". Yes Eddie of course he switched sides of the blade. That's how you deke. He's an ass clown. I miss watching OT playoff hockey with Gary Thorne. I really like how he could make everything sound so important. no play could be taken lightly.
mccarty3

#26 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Surprised nobody has mentioned Eddie. That guy is the biggest hawks sucker ever. And he has nothing else to say besides "forehand backhand, amazing goal". Yes Eddie of course he switched sides of the blade. That's how you deke. He's an ass clown. I miss watching OT playoff hockey with Gary Thorne. I really like how he could make everything sound so important. no play could be taken lightly.

Gary Thorne is one of the best hockey commentators ever IMO. I miss games with him, he brought a ton of passion to the game, and his voice is awesome.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#27 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

I despise Rick Jeanrette in Buffalo. Absolutely hate him with a passion. The idiot in Pittsburgh makes me puke, and that "Thank you, thank you, thank you" fool in (I think) Colorado needs to be taken out and shot. I also cringe when Chuck Katton is on, and I don't like Mike Emrich either - his voice grates on my ears and nerves. Makes me appreciate Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

I do, however, like Dave Strader.
Posted Image

#28 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

every damn time someone takes a shot.

His voice is so annoying. Doesn't help that he talks non-stop ever second throughout the whole game to the point where hes constantly running out of breath.

#29 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Nothing compares to Mick, but these are both annoying and hilarious. Believe I've posted before so sorry if this is a repeat. Gotta do something to excite them down in Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3b_7S-sGBo

dude, that cant be real
mccarty3

#30 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

His voice is so annoying. Doesn't help that he talks non-stop ever second throughout the whole game to the point where hes constantly running out of breath.

I agree 100% percent. I have to mute the sound whenever I watch a game on versus because he just pisses me off. DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!

#31 Konstantinov

Konstantinov

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Gary Thorne is one of the best hockey commentators ever IMO. I miss games with him, he brought a ton of passion to the game, and his voice is awesome.

I miss Gary Thorne as well. He always got his voice worked up during a game and every time someone would score he sounded like he was going to have a heart attack - but that's what I liked about him.
Nobody pay lots of attention Detroit Red Wings

#32 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

You too??? I thought I was the only one who did that.
Posted Image

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I despise Rick Jeanrette in Buffalo. Absolutely hate him with a passion. The idiot in Pittsburgh makes me puke, and that "Thank you, thank you, thank you" fool in (I think) Colorado needs to be taken out and shot. I also cringe when Chuck Katton is on, and I don't like Mike Emrich either - his voice grates on my ears and nerves. Makes me appreciate Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

I do, however, like Dave Strader.

I don't know his name, but he's St. Louis's play by play man now along with Panger. He did, however, call Avalanche games for a long time. Something else that always drove me nuts was that after a goal, he'd say, "And its 1-0 for the good guys!"

The absolute worst play by play teams in terms of horrible voices are Pittsburgh and Minnesota. They have terrible voices for announcing and as far as I know, even their fans can't stand it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

The absolute worst play by play teams in terms of horrible voices are Pittsburgh and Minnesota. They have terrible voices for announcing and as far as I know, even their fans can't stand it.

"Slap me silly, Sidney!"

</thread>

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#35 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

daniels went through a phase where every goal was a SNIPE

#36 GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

ARE YOU READY LEGION OF DOOM!

#37 butters92

butters92

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

NBC is awful. The entire crew makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Emrick constantly says "waffleboarded away". Ed olcyzk loves to say "active stick" and always talks about Duncan keith, and Pierre McGuire is just wierd. They also constantly talk about crosby, even when the penguins arent even playing.

The penguins announcer is pretty bad as well " He smoked him like a bad cigar" comes to mind.

Edited by butters92, 10 November 2010 - 05:47 PM.

#38 hamip1998

hamip1998

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

Is it me or does Doc Emrick have that Brick Tamland look to him? I don't mean that he literally looks like the character from "Anchorman", but when they show him speaking before a game he just has this happy-but-vacant look on his face and that same measured quality to his voice as Brick. That and the fact he says the same damn expressions over and over (see "waffleboarded"). I can just hear Doc saying, "People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Though he does have a doctorate degree (hence the nickname "Doc"), so his I.Q. is obviously higher than 48.

#39 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Emerick just annoys me with how often he says twirl. I just don't associate hockey players with twirling. Figure skaters, yes.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#40 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

The Ducks guys can be bad, I dont mind the Kings though.