• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/11 GDT: Oilers 2 at Red Wings 6

Rate this topic

can someone comment on huds play? obv his line did well but what about him specifically

Effort was there, big time.

His pass to Filppula for the 1st goal was a thing of beauty.

Hope he keeps it up.

Edited by egroen

They announced at the Joe that Suh is in attendance, so maybe they were trying to find him.

Or it could have been a fight. Who knows.

That was different. I thought I heard his name and then it sounded like fans started booing. Were they saying "Suh", or were they booing the call on Stuart? :blink:

Just want to drop in and comment on how Bertuzzi is a beast on the third line. I'm really impressed with him this year and his defensive game has jumped lightyears ahead of where it used to be. Everyone loves a redemption story.

Everyone looked good. Modano was trying to make things happen and Hudler was hauling ass to pressure Edmonton. I think they're on the verge of breaking through.

And Salei had a really good game, I thought. Everyone is improving as the season goes on, I think.

I saw a few sparks from Modano tonight, but that boy needs to get his butt in gear soon.

Modano's on a five game point streak so I'd say he's doing pretty well. Sure, he missed the penalty shot, because this is Detroit and that's just how we do things here.

can someone comment on huds play? obv his line did well but what about him specifically

Great game. Two or three really nifty plays, and he was winning races to pucks and playing with a lot of effort and jump tonight. :thumbup:

He played awesome. Franzen nailed the post on a great give and go and go by Flip and Huds also. Hudler could have easily had more points tonight.

You didn't hear? The ONLY reason our lines are doing so well now is because of him... I am sure glad he sparked our team, man I was worried about us when Babcock sat him two games in a row. Piddler really is omnipotent... He will be the ONLY reason we win the Cup this year!

You didn't hear? The ONLY reason our lines are doing so well now is because of him... I am sure glad he sparked our team, man I was worried about us when Babcock sat him two games in a row. Piddler really is omnipotent... He will be the ONLY reason we win the Cup this year!

Stop making these stupid statements. They aren't funny or clever.

Good times at the Joe tonight. It felt like I was watching an NHL team battle an AHL or Junior team. The Wings outclassed the Oilers and I was surprised that Edmonton managed as many shots as they did.

About only time Oilers were in the game was during the pre-skate;

Ndamukong Suh popped into the Joe for 2 periods. See if he would learn to stay till the end of the game, perhaps the Lions would learn to win in regulation....

Game Over:

IMG_4698.jpg

Best Oiler tonight was this guy doing his best Blue Man impression;

IMG_4701.jpg

Best Oiler tonight was this guy doing his best Blue Man impression;

IMG_4701.jpg

I was telling this guy that he was a poser and his moves are nothing like the green man guys in VAN. I was s***faced...

Guest Shoreline

Let's all refresh our memories at how well LeftWinger is at predicting things..

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Wings went on to the Conf Finals and are doing pretty well this season so far (too early to tell just yet).

As for Hudler, LeftWinger obviously has always come up with the best ideas on how to handle him..

Hudler for Hossa:

The problem with what Hudler did, was he handcuffed Ken Holland by NOT accepting the $3.whatever Million and opted for arbitration all but causing Hossa to go to the Hawks. As rumor had it, Hossa would've re-signed here for the rest of his career for a little more than $4MM per season cap hit. The fact that Holland was forced by Hudler to wait and wait pretty much was the only reason Hossa is not a Red Wing right now. And something tells me that if he was a Red Wing right now, they wouldn't be battling for the 8th playoff spot... Thanks Hudler, I am glad you were eliminated and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't ever come back!

Hudler for Kovalchuk:

It may not be enough in return, but betcha Holland puts in a bid for Kovalchuk...

why not trade Hudler's rights to Atanta for Kovalchuk?

Hudler for Savard:

Savard will outscore Hudler on this team, Emmerton is never going to get his chance here and The Wings draft pretty well, so losing the 2nd wouldnt hurt us too much. If Detroit trades up in the first and gets McIlrath or Tinordi, then also adds Savard, this future looks bright.

Savard > Hudler in any way, shape or form, on any given sunday-saturday and 24 hours a day!

Though he said a while back he wouldn't even mention Hudler anymore:

Whoa! easy with the bunched up panties lady! I am done with Hudler, I am not even mentioning him anymore

But I'm sure we're all used to this anyways. :)

Nothing much better than drinking Founders Dirty Bastard and watching the Wings kick the s*** outta Edmonton....I thought we were a little soft at the end there, but I think everyone played pretty well last night, even Hudler.