• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Forsberg's last comeback attempt

Rate this topic

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/article8105270.ab

Fingers crossed he can play, he deserves it, but i'm of course very doubtful, i'm glad he realised this is the final attempt... make or break

(don't think it's on a NA website yet but you can use google translate for a rough translation i think)

The translation isn't great (via google) but here it is for anyone interested;

He is newly engaged and have not trained at all autumn.

But Peter Forsberg to make a new attempt at a comeback.

The final cut.

- Yes, it does not work this time, it is definitely over, "he says.

On Tuesday, trained Foppa with Modo juniors and

Yesterday, he played a tribute match for the legend Sven Tumba.

The first few times he has been on ice throughout the fall.

There has been a conscious choice to give his right foot three-month rest from all that hockey is called.

- Yes, that's a test and we'll see how it reacted, says Foppa.

How was the first practice?

- I worked one and half hours with the b-juniors in Modo on Tuesday. And I was stone dead afterwards. Sometimes one wishes that it were just seventeen again, says Foppa.

"Give it a few weeks"

So what's the plan now, when?

- I'll give it a few weeks and it feels okay, so you could start thinking, but it does not look particularly bright. Chances are good about this big, "says Foppa and presses her index finger against the thumb.

The door can not even enter a straw.

- And I was not very keen in this match either. Even the Cape went from me.

But if it would be good - where can you, if so, would like to play?

- I have not even thought along those lines. I'll take these weeks now and go a bit and feel for. That's all. I have not even thought of hockey last few months. Just look in my trunk. It is full of tennis balls.

But what did you do in autumn?

- I have engaged myself. And it is time consuming. Since it has been mostly daily chores.

Yes, Foppa thrive even with a life without hockey and with his new girlfriend Nicole Nordin.

He is also in a great mood.

Wanted to sneak Started

But now it's his last comeback attempt that will take up his time in the next few weeks.

He was well liked to sneak a little running in the background, but he could not say no when Sven Tumba was hailed in Ishuset in Tumba.

- I felt I must be there for Tumba. I know him of old. I've gone a few rounds of golf with him and he has been up with me in E-bay and played at some point too. It makes me happy every time you see him.

It was also the start of the last bet on a comeback.

For that's the last one?

- Yes, the final cut. I promise, "said Forsberg.

Your body is sending you a message loud and clear - give it up and go home.

Yeah, it's sad, really. For as great as he was, his legacy will always have that sort of 'what if?' attached to it.

Guest Shoreline

So I was trying to figure out if Forsberg played for Nashville and I come across this

Its from may but still ...

Also did Kariya play for the Preds or am I losing it...

Yes. Though his stay, strangely, wasn't long. He seemed like a good fit. Well, at least, compared to the Blues.

And like the news of a new ASG format, all I could do at this news was shrug. Floppa and retirement come up as much as Brett Favre, though Brett Favre actually can play still. Non-event to me.

Edited by Shoreline

And like the news of a new ASG format, all I could do at this news was shrug. Floppa and retirement come up as much as Brett Favre, though Brett Favre actually can play still. Non-event to me.

Thats not a fare comparison. Forsberg had 30 pts in 23 games last year in the SEL, and 19pts in 16 NHL games (including playoffs) just 2 years ago. He can still play no doubt. Brett Farve has been playing like a fur covered turd on the other hand.

Thats not a fare comparison. Forsberg had 30 pts in 23 games last year in the SEL, and 19pts in 16 NHL games (including playoffs) just 2 years ago. He can still play no doubt. Brett Farve has been playing like a fur covered turd on the other hand.

yea, you're right, it's not fair... to brett.

last season brett had 33TDs and 7Int, and threw for over 4000 yards at the age of 40 while extending his games started streak to over 300 games (including playoffs).

so, yea... the comparison is unfair to brett not forsberg.

yea, you're right, it's not fair... to brett.

last season brett had 33TDs and 7Int, and threw for over 4000 yards at the age of 40 while extending his games started streak to over 300 games (including playoffs).

so, yea... the comparison is unfair to brett not forsberg.

How has he been doing this year? Ummm yeah.....Farve has lost it.

Even a 37 year old crippled Forsberg is better than probably 80%+ of the league.

Edited by Original-Six

How has he been doing this year? Ummm yeah.....Farve has lost it.

Even a 37 year old crippled Forsberg is better than probably 80%+ of the league.

have you watched any of the games? he hasn't been as bad as the stats suggest. a lot of the INTs are plays where his receiver runs the wrong route or can't handle the pass. the whole team isn't doing as good as they were last season and i think it's unfair to put it on him. either way, favre is the NFL all-time leader in every meaningful category for QBs. to suggest that forsberg is/was a better hockey player than favre is/was a football player is ridiculous.

have you watched any of the games? he hasn't been as bad as the stats suggest. a lot of the INTs are plays where his receiver runs the wrong route or can't handle the pass. the whole team isn't doing as good as they were last season and i think it's unfair to put it on him. either way, favre is the NFL all-time leader in every meaningful category for QBs. to suggest that forsberg is/was a better hockey player than favre is/was a football player is ridiculous.

I never said Forsberg had a better career than Farve...

Anyways,with all the Football talk aside. Foppa is still a pretty good hockey player.

I never said Forsberg had a better career than Farve...

Anyways,with all the Football talk aside. Foppa is still a pretty good hockey player.

this is true.

imagine if he had the resilience of favre though. he could have scored 1400-1500 pts.

I heard he sent them a message saying there was no way it was happening.

I'm tellin' ya, fella, your body is sending you a message loud and clear - give up and find a new line of work.

Guest mindfly

I guess all those years of diving really took a toll on his feet. Sad, sad story.

This post is sad, forsberg.. diver? give me a break...franzen is more of a diver than forsberg ever was.