• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Eaves scratched tonight - Hudler top6

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Grrr i don't like at all!

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock shuffled his line combinations a little more during today's morning skate, hoping to get Jiri Hudler untracked in tonight's game against the Edmonton Oilers at Joe Louis Arena (7:30, FSD).

Here are the lines they will use, at least to start the game:

0Share

13 Comments

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Miller

Eaves is a healthy scratch for the second time in three games.

The usual second line also needs a bit of a boost, as Filppula (goal) and Bertuzzi (assist) have just one point each in the last six games and Franzen (two assists) has two points in his last five games.

"I’m trying to get those two lines to be the best they can be and trying to get our team to be the best it can be, so we’re moving some people around right now,'' Babcock said. "When you got everything going good you don’t need to move people, but right now we’re trying to work it out.

"We think Abdelkader’s come in and given us another option and he’s played real well on a line with Cleary and Modano, but we’re trying to get other people rolling.’’

Franzen will have to play more a net-front role without Bertuzzi on his line.

"I got to be the guy that goes to the net on this line,'' Franzen said. "When I played with Bert, it was either him or me that went to the net. Now I got to make sure I’m the guy who goes there and goes on the forecheck and goes to the net.’’

Franzen added: “I got to get myself going. Just got to win some pucks and give it to (Hudler) and Fil and some good plays.’’

This is the third different line Hudler has played on this season.

“I played with Fil and Mule before. They’re both skating real well and they’re strong on the puck,'' Hudler said. "It’s what we got to do. Make sure we’re in their zone grinding them out.’’

The defense remains the same:

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Howard (starting)

MacDonald

Babcock said Chris Osgood told him he return to practice on Friday. He's been out since Nov. 1 with a groin injury and is hoping to return late next week.

Babs it just trying to help Happy find some chemistry and get his mojo back. Nothing to be up and arms about imo. I kinda like it actually.

It's not just about midget... its about getting other players going as well. If Hudler was the only one struggling I would expect him to sit. To bad its not 2003...a prime Modano and Bert would of been nice to have as a 3rd line. :P

it sucks weeing abdelkader go to the 4th, but in that role maybe he will show a bit more physicality

Keep his hot streak going and place him with Z and D.

Edited by dragonballgtz

I don't really mind Hudler getting top 6 minutes, but why scratch Eaves? He's been the most consistent bottom 6 guy this season.

I would say Abdelkaders been the best but he hasn't played a whole lot.

This is going to be pretty close to Hudlers last chance I bet so if he doesnt show something tonight he might as well grab some press box til he gets traded

Not for nothing, but this is exactly what i called for a week or two ago when Hudler was first struggling a lot.

Bert down on the third line will really bring some punch to that line. And if Happy can't produce with Fil and Mule, well....

Not for nothing, but this is exactly what i called for a week or two ago when Hudler was first struggling a lot.

Bert down on the third line will really bring some punch to that line. And if Happy can't produce with Fil and Mule, well....

There was no reason to mess with the 2nd line while it was doing its thing. The only reason Hudler is getting a chance now is because the 2nd line is not producing.

i agree with mindfly, tired of seeing hudler getting plugged in spots he doesnt deserve, and over players who have outperformed him consistently. that said, i dont know what to do with him so maybe its a good idea.

Guest mindfly

Wonder how eva unit zero is going to defend hudler if he fails even with this opportunity...

Guest Stolberg

i bet the only reason miller isn't scratched is because he's a "big body"

even though he doesn't really play like it

I don't really mind Hudler getting top 6 minutes, but why scratch Eaves? He's been the most consistent bottom 6 guy this season.

My thoughts as well. Hopefully this will get Hudler going. He hasn't been producing many points but his play (i.e. passing, being in a good scoring position) have been pretty good actually. Here's to Huddles finding the net and getting going.

Guest mindfly

Somehow I doubt that with Mindfly.

You think alot about people on the net, if you met me in real life you would see how likeable i am :thumbup:

I don't like the changes one bit. Hudler should be seeing the press box tbh. However against all teams to do this against at least it's against Edmonton. If we lose tonight against a lowly Edmonton team it's not gonna be good. This should be a no contest affair. Really want to see Hudler go bye bye...