• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

I don't really mind Hudler getting top 6 minutes, but why scratch Eaves? He's been the most consistent bottom 6 guy this season.

My thoughts as well. Hopefully this will get Hudler going. He hasn't been producing many points but his play (i.e. passing, being in a good scoring position) have been pretty good actually. Here's to Huddles finding the net and getting going.

#22 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Somehow I doubt that with Mindfly.

You think alot about people on the net, if you met me in real life you would see how likeable i am :thumbup:

#23 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

must be nice to get rewarded for playing like dog s***. :hehe:

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

You think alot about people on the net, if you met me in real life you would see how likeable i am :thumbup:

A lot of people think i'm a total ******* on here, too. I'd say im a pretty likeable guy as well!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

I don't like the changes one bit. Hudler should be seeing the press box tbh. However against all teams to do this against at least it's against Edmonton. If we lose tonight against a lowly Edmonton team it's not gonna be good. This should be a no contest affair. Really want to see Hudler go bye bye...

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

I don't like the changes one bit. Hudler should be seeing the press box tbh. However against all teams to do this against at least it's against Edmonton. If we lose tonight against a lowly Edmonton team it's not gonna be good. This should be a no contest affair. Really want to see Hudler go bye bye...

That makes two of us....i've been saying all summer that he wasn't gonna get 60 or 70 points and I was called a dumbass..not looking too idiotic right now.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

That makes two of us....i've been saying all summer that he wasn't gonna get 60 or 70 points and I was called a dumbass..not looking too idiotic right now.

Yeah I remember you and I saying we should just trade him when he comes back and most people were calling us dumb asses and idiots haha.

Oh well Hudler is the same as he always has been, slow, small, weak but has good PP vision. Theres a reason he played 4th line in the 08 playoffs.

He better come to play tonight or kiss his ass goodbye

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#28 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

newfy you're a real pythia huh

#29 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

Eaves out, Hudler getting promoted for doing jack s***, and Bertuzzi+Modano on the 3rd line when Abdelkader had been perfect in that spot. Dont like these moves one bit.

#NOMOREKINDL

#30 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Just remember its November and if you can get Hudler playing well he's going to put up more points then Miller, Abs or Eaves.

I like all those guys alot more at least right now than Hudler but he has a scoring ability that they do not. This is a short term sacrifice against a s***ty team with the hope that you can get happy moving in the right direction.

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

Nice lines. This is what i have been hoping for. Flip and Franzen will cycle and retain the puck and Hudler will snipe home some goals.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Yeah I remember you and I saying we should just trade him when he comes back and most people were calling us dumb asses and idiots haha.

Oh well Hudler is the same as he always has been, slow, small, weak but has good PP vision. Theres a reason he played 4th line in the 08 playoffs.

Haha yeah and everyone told us were gonna look like dumbasses that know nothing about hockey when Hudler puts up 70 haha.

I don't think he'll show up tonight.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#33 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

This 1,000 times!!!

#34 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

There is a reason he scored the game winner in game 4 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

He has offensive flair, and has shown it in the past. No way is Holland going to trade him or get rid of him based on one (or even 13 games). Don't be delusional.

Posted Image

#35 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

There is a reason he scored the game winner in game 4 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

He has offensive flair, and has shown it in the past. No way is Holland going to trade him or get rid of him based on one (or even 13 games). Don't be delusional.

Yeah the reason was because he was given a gift to be alone infront of the net from Stuart. Miller and Eaves could both take a backhander like that too.

I know Hudler has more offensive flair, or at least did, but Kovalev has quite a bit as well but when your heart isnt in it then it means nothing really.

newfy you're a real pythia huh

Doesnt take a pythia to know Hudler is overrated, small, weak and overpaid ;)

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#36 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

What I don't like about this whole situation is that Eaves and Miller are the ones getting punished for working hard and doing there job out there on the ice. I really liked the fourth line of Helm, Eaves, and Miller.

I know that they want to get Hudler going, but I think that he should have to earn his ice time and not just have it handed to him. I am sure that he is trying, but if other players are playing better than him , then he should be the one to sit.

#37 Steve Sample

Steve Sample

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

I don't like this at all. I may be alone in thinking this but I believe that the second line slowed down and lost some chemistry when Hudler was injected into that line for the second pp unit. Bert was one of our leading point guys at that time and they replaced him. Babcock is a good coach but WTF?

#38 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yeah the reason was because he was given a gift to be alone infront of the net from Stuart. Miller and Eaves could both take a backhander like that too.

Oh please. It's not like Stuart thread a needle on that or that Hudler had all the time in the world to make the shot.

I know Hudler has more offensive flair, or at least did, but Kovalev has quite a bit as well but when your heart isnt in it then it means nothing really.

Your assertion that Hudler's heart isn't in it is based on what?

Doesnt take a pythia to know Hudler is overrated, small, weak and overpaid ;)

Yes, becasue the mass majority is overrating him, and 2.8 million is overpaid for a guy who can poentially score 60-70 points.

What a joke of a contract. Holland should have asked LGW first.

Posted Image

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Oh please. It's not like Stuart thread a needle on that or that Hudler had all the time in the world to make the shot.

Your assertion that Hudler's heart isn't in it is based on what?

Yes, becasue the mass majority is overrating him, and 2.8 million is overpaid for a guy who can poentially score 60-70 points.

What a joke of a contract. Holland should have asked LGW first.

Doesn't matter what he "potentially" can do. Its what he actually does, which is little..3 points and a -6 in 11 games so far. You quit being dillusional. 2.8 million for what hes bringing right now is beyond overpaid.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Wonder how eva unit zero is going to defend hudler if he fails even with this opportunity...

I've been calling for this set of lines (swap Miller/Eaves) since Modano was signed. I won't need to defend him.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."